Curly haired girls

Options
12346»

Replies

• ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I make my own hair gel with flax seeds and water. But mostly I just let it air dry and tie it up. In my hometown we are in triple digits and it probably won't cool down until mid October. So letting my hair air dry and tie it up makes it healthier.

I heard (I have never tried) that Curly Whirly is good. You can get it at Whole Foods.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I have curly hair and hate it. However, I stopped blow-drying it and it dries wavy not as curly. Then I use a curling iron to make soft, big curls all around - it's still curly but more tamed looking, if that makes sense. Works for me.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have had great success with the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil line. I use the shampoo, conditioner, penetrating oil, and the smooth perfection blow out cream. I dry with a diffuser until 80% dry and air dry the rest of the way.
  • Allison714
    Allison714 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great tips here!

When I wear my hair curly, I will wash it the night before, put some redken all soft leave in conditioner, some pommade, and then braid my hair and sleep on it. Then in the morning, I just get up and fix the very top part of my head and bangs, and then go! :)

Other than that, I wear it straight almost all of the time....always seems faster to blowdry it straight since I've been doing it for so long!
  • SnowAngel80
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips...they are all wonderful!!

I have naturally curly hair as well. I use a wide tooth comb, herbal essences curl enhancing shampoo and conditioner and Aussies leave-in conditioner...

There is a brand called Jessicurl that I use as well. They have all kinds of products and it was designed by a woman who has naturally curly hair as well, so she definitely knows what she is doing!! It is available on the internet.. www.jessicurl.com :-)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    bump

But why?
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Moroccan oil curl cream is the best!!! I rarely blow it dry. Have searched for the perfect product for years and years!!! With thick hair, just past the shoulders I use 8 pumps per style. Seems like a lot, but I love how it comes out. Just the right hold and not crunchy...you can run your fingers throught it.

I use Moroccan oil curl cream as well, it's the best thing I've ever used on my hair. Never used 8 pumps, though, gonna try it tomorrow.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    when you bump a topic its so you it shows up in your topics and you come back and read it later :wink:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I use macademia oil hair products and Aveda Damage remedy. I air dry my hair. I just have wavy hair with a few ringlet curls (it's unpredictable in how it will curl, but not very curly).
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    I really like It's a 10 Styling Serum (and the cream) for my hair. Both, for when I straighten and when I wear it wavy.

http://www.amazon.com/Its-10-Miracle-Styling-Serums/dp/B0072CUB1W/ref=pd_sbs_bt_2
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    when you bump a topic its so you it shows up in your topics and you come back and read it later :wink:

Yes. I know. I was just wondering why bump a hair topic from ages ago. I mean, if you were able to dig it up the first time, surely you would have been able to find it again.

Anyway, it isn't important. Enjoy the thread.