What is your reward to yourself for losing weight??

Options

Replies

• emmydawnsmom
    emmydawnsmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had bought clothes in the past; however I buy cheap stuff on sale because I am still losing and hoping to continue and the stuff I bought 6 months ago no longer fits so cheap clothes and belts LOL
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    A body and health I am proud of!

^^ this. The results ARE the reward

This. That's all I've ever wanted...
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    10 lbs - Spa day
    15 lbs - Bicycle
    20 lbs - Fitted for new running shoes
  • seddy1971
    seddy1971 Posts: 2
    Options
    might get a mankini lol
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    might get a mankini lol

add that to my list!
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Boobs.

<<--check 'em out.

They're great and the only part of me that I couldn't "fix" with a clean diet and exercise.
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Every 15 pounds I get to pick from my 'rewards list' which includes a pedicure, a massage, new outfit, etc. When I hit my UGW we are going on a cruise or big road trip somewhere beautiful!
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i donate $5 to the red cross every time I lose 5 pounds.

19105975.png

^^ love this
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Options
    Every 10 lbs. I lose I take a week off from exercise. Yes, I dislike exercise THAT MUCH. ;-)
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 180 mark, getting the 4 more pairs of Tactical 5.11pants that I like to work in. Though going through the old stored clothes has been rewarding, some of the stuff is over 12 years old.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    When I get to 150 (my ultimate goal weight) I will go on vacation to Cancun with couple friends.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options

19105975.png

^^ love this

Bravo!!
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Tattoo on my ribs and nipple piercings.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thought I would do something big when I reached my goal wt, but the truth is I really haven't done anything yet. I got some new clothes along the way out of necessity, but nothing just as a splurge. I am trying to maintain and have always found it hard to reward myself. My hubby gave me money for a massage and a spa day, but I just can't seem to splurge on myself.There the money sits in my wallet.What's wrong with me?????
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A body and health I am proud of!

^^ this. The results ARE the reward

This. That's all I've ever wanted...

I completely agree with you guys, but sometimes it's hard to see the big picture in the day to day struggle. Most of us here were used to a life style of not being very healthy, so smaller goals and rewards can help stay focused on being healthy until it becomes routine.
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    I don't find award type rewards at all motivating. If I need something, I buy it. If I can't afford it, I figure out a less expensive alternative. Anything that would be enough to really motivate me would be way out of my budget regardless.

Having said that, I was really excited with the new workout pants I bought this weekend. I couldn't wait to get to the gym! So I've decided that my 'rewards' will be things that are motivating because using them will make me healthier. So I guess I will be purchasing the reward before of earned them lol. I think my next investment will be a wok pan for making stir-fry.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Once I lose enough weight that I can't just wear my jeans with a belt anymore, I'll buy myself all new ones. That way I get a reward and I look good in new jeans and can show off my fitter body. I've lose 4 pant sizes so far and have felt better each time I zip up a new smaller pair.
  • sarahbethfit233
    Options
    I'm thinking about having some pin-up photos taken when I get to my goal weight. I did a group retro/pin-up photoshoot as part of a bachelorette party when I'd just started my diet and had a blast. I think I'd like to have some "after" photos to match the set.

That sounds awesome! My mom and sister are both photographers, so I would love to do this with a few of my friends. Now if I can just find healthier friends lol
  • sarahbethfit233
    Options
    When I drop 18 lbs I will buy a new vintage dress I love vintage clothing

Me too! I've started making a lot of my own vintage stuff. It gives me something to do when I'm bored at the house lol
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Awesome good for you!!

I am going to get a massage and have a spa day, get a tattoo, maybe get my belly button pierced and dare I say if I make it to my UGW I want to have some boudoir photos taken (YIKES)