Did weight loss take a long time for you?

Options
124»

Replies

• ADW33
    ADW33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this I needed to hear it today. All my friends are weighing every day and posting losses and I am like every other week a drop. I'm trying not to look at the scale as much as I used to because I truly want to change my lifestyle and get healthy and I am making those changes:)
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Because I did not make any drastic changes, I lost weight very slowly. I went down 60 lbs over 3 years, or an average of 20 lbs a year. While that is a bit frustrating, the upside is that such a gradual change is usually indicative of a permanent lifestyle change that you can sustain without giving it much thought.
  • dsablanjr
    dsablanjr Posts: 1
    Options
    I didn't for the first month and the second month the weight started melting away I think a big part of it is making sure ur burning at least half of the calories your consuming
  • torpina
    torpina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How did you tweek your macros? What did you do exactly and how did you know to do that?

Thanks!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Almosst 70lbs in a year and 2 mo! I fell off the wagon for 4 months of that so technically 10 months. I have 30 to go and hope to be at goal by then end of the year
  • mkm9279
    mkm9279 Posts: 44
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sonaida
    Sonaida Posts: 17
    Options
    took me 3 mths to lose 24 lbs and thats 3 mths of working out 6 days a week
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I was a slow loser and I did not mind. But then I went to my doctor and he took me off Seroquel and all of of a sudden the weight just started falling off! I went from eating 4000-5000 calories a day to just 1200. I am a bit concerned because I have lost 10-15 pounds within the last three weeks. Weight loss takes time and in my honest opinion the slower the better AND the more likely of a chance that it will stay off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!