I LOVE RED WINE!!

Options

Replies

• jamaroo33
    jamaroo33 Posts: 7
    Options
    Yes, I find that a glass or two of red wine helps me to relax at night as well. I have also been stuck at this weight ever since I picked up the habit. Before that I was at least 5 lbs less. Ive been drinking wine on weekdays and maybe a few low calorie cocktails on the weekend. grrr...makes me mad that I have to cut this from my diet. However, it does turn to sugar in the body...this is the problem. Last night I did not have any, and Im shooting for not having any tonight also. Friend me and we can keep each other in check :)
  • jamaroo33
    Options
    so funny! where did you get this pic? I wanna post it on my fb!:laugh:
  • jamaroo33
    Options
    great idea...Im in!
  • tpringle24
    tpringle24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I've just started MFP as I've hit a bit of a plateau & need to take things to the next level.

Part of my plan is to cut down on the red wine. :sad:

I'll be honest, I'm a glass a night kind of girl. As soon as my children have gone to bed & I start cooking dinner - I've got a glass in my hand. & if hubby is late getting home I might even go two!!

So, starting this week - it's no red wine on weekdays for me.

If there's anyone else out there who's keen to cut out the wine on weeknights, add me as a friend & we can help keep eachother honest!!

:wink:

Oy ME TOOOO ...in fact thats why I gained so much weight LOL ...its hard to cut back but the IBS will fly off!! good luck
  • jamaroo33
    Options
    not to mention its not lean calories...its sugar...mmm
  • ancarignan
    ancarignan Posts: 13
    Options
    I am a wine lover too, but now it's no wine during the week days, I allow myself to drink one glass on Friday night, and one un Sat. It's works for me!!!
  • jamaroo33
    Options
    It sounds like most of us are willing to try to cut back to just weekends. Lets all check back with each other in about two weeks...my overall goal is to lose 8 lbs
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    so funny! where did you get this pic? I wanna post it on my fb!:laugh:

Somewhere within this post on page 3 I think. You can just right click on it and copy. Worked for me - I already sent it to some of my Wine loving friends.
  • tpringle24
    tpringle24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HOW would I get my daily fruit serving without red wine??? :sad: :grumble:

Hahaha Love this ;}
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love my red wine, but when I got serious about wanting to lose the weight I decided I had to cut it out of the diet. Occassionally I will have a glass. What I noticed over time is that I seem to retain water though the next day. Not sure if that is the wine or what I eat with the wine. On days when I do have a glass I just try and add a little more exercise into the day.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I drink it every night. Usually a whole bottle. I don't care because I eat really healthy, get lots of protein, watch my macros, fit it into my calories, and have lost over 20 pounds in 4 months. That's how I do.
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Had some nice Cab Franc last night. YUM
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I've just started MFP as I've hit a bit of a plateau & need to take things to the next level.

I'll be honest, I'm a glass a night kind of girl. As soon as my children have gone to bed & I start cooking dinner - I've got a glass in my hand. & if hubby is late getting home I might even go two!!

If there's anyone else out there who's keen to cut out the wine on weeknights, add me as a friend & we can help keep eachother honest!!

• CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Kendall Jackson Chardonnay man here. I don't mind red wine at times either but it brings out my alter ego who is a serious freak. I wonder if that is why my GF is always trying to plaster me with red wine. LMAO.
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You on't have to give it up:)I have continued to drink Wine & Beer during my weight loss and have lost every week.I drink about 5-6 glasses or 7-8 beers on Fridays!!!:flowerforyou:
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am not big on wine but love Vodka!!
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Friday doesn't count, right? I am a red wine girl. As a matter of fact, my BF is picking me up a bottle on the way home. I sound exactly like you. Cooking dinner, glass of wine. Then usually another WITH dinner! I have to stop on weeknights, too.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I tried to give up for a month.. I lasted a week.. But I did cut down an awful lot for a month but didn't lose a single pound so I'm just going back to not drinking on a 'school' night.. And try to drink then white it's better for you (apparently - that's my excuse anyway lol)
  • ccjsmama
    ccjsmama Posts: 2
    Options
    New to MFP also and this is totally me except I think I tend to drink more of it than all of you!! I can't cook without a glass sitting on the counter, well then you know 2 has turned into 3 :/

Anyways, I am about to start the second half of Insanity and I am seeing results. It is tough!! I am trying to ignore the scale, all I know is that I have dropped one whole size since starting, but I know it could have been 2 if it weren't for VINO!! This is my only vice, maybe some beer here and there too, I don't eat a lot of sweets or carbs, I like to drink my carbs LOL!!!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are interested there is a group on here called CHEAP WINE. You can find them in the Community. I joined MFP March 2011 and lost most of the weight I wanted ... I never gave up wine. My husband and I drink several bottles on the weekends and never had it in my mind to cut back. No way. I'm here to lose weight, not to lose my lifestyle. I was able to get the weight off by cutting way back on food on the weekends. And even though I'd go over on my calories I still lost the weight. I am a grandmother and feel it's my time to have fun. I raised my kids so now it's time to have as much fun as possible. I'm a party girl and I will always drink. And travel too. Life is too short not to have fun. Just exercise a little more and cut back on food during the weekends and you'll be fine. I don't touch a drop during the week so maybe that's why I was able to lose the weight. Have fun every body. Enjoy your lives.