Sports fans: Commen Misconceptions about fans of your team?

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
1. All ugly women
2. Way more WT than UVA

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Im a Philly fan....all ppl think about us is we r evil & booed Santa, but I could name WAY more terrible things that have hppnd in othet cities but somehow our reputation sticks....
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Right there with you, G...

I kind of think it's funny that fans from opposing teams are afraid to come to The Linc or Citizens Bank Park because of us Philadelphia fans...and then I think, "That's how it should be!"

Throwing snowballs at Jesus was an act of indifference...or just drunken stupor. But you can't tell me that Philadelphia is the only place that stuff happens.

Besides, if it weren't for Philly, we wouldn't have the classic Rocky run up the art museum steps with that amazing song playing in the background!!!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I went to Penn State. Probably don't need to mention the heinous acts of one and the moral failings of a few that have tainted the students, alumni, and university's reputation.
    -wtk
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I went to Penn State. Probably don't need to mention the heinous acts of one and the moral failings of a few that have tainted the students, alumni, and university's reputation.
    -wtk

We are...always united.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    * common
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    Im a Philly fan....all ppl think about us is we r evil & booed Santa

I think its evil that you support michael vick.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    * common

Ugh that's what I get for trying to work and MFP at the same time.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    lol I know I multi task like that everyday
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of football teams consider the University of Michigan their rivals, but we don't consider them ours. Our rivals are (1) Ohio State and (2) Notre Dame. In general, I wouldn't even consider Michigan State a rival, although lately they've actually been better than us. I am assuming now that we got rid of the mistake RichRod, we will return to our former glory of whomping MSU with regularity.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of football teams consider the University of Michigan their rivals, but we don't consider them ours. Our rivals are (1) Ohio State and (2) Notre Dame. In general, I wouldn't even consider Michigan State a rival, although lately they've actually been better than us. I am assuming now that we got rid of the mistake RichRod, we will return to our former glory of whomping MSU with regularity.

You mean like last year?
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Im a Philly fan....all ppl think about us is we r evil & booed Santa, but I could name WAY more terrible things that have hppnd in othet cities but somehow our reputation sticks....

Me too... I'm a south jersey... philly fan..... and we're deemed 'the worst' fans. Not true. We're passionate, but no more than other fans. I've seen a *kitten* ton of crazed fans on other teams.
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    die hard cleveland fan.......cant stand when nationally cleveland as a city and people are considered losers because the sports teams lose.....northeast ohio is an awesome place to live
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    University of Tennessee Volunteers fan. Big one. Most people think we are a bunch of rednecks... Okay, we might be, but we're fun! Hopefully, the team will stop stinking this year. We've had a huge mess with the coaching and recruitment in the last several years, plus the SEC has gotten very tough. Double whammy.

GO BIG ORANGE.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

You mean like last year?

MSU has beaten us the last 6 or so years in a row I believe. That doesn't make them a rival, that makes them a better team in recent history than us. OSU had, until last year, also been on a decent winning streak against us, but that rivalry goes back a lot further than 5 years. We flat out sucked for about 4 years, that doesn't make every team that beat us a rival.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    University of Tennessee Volunteers fan. Big one. Most people think we are a bunch of rednecks... Okay, we might be, but we're fun!

GO BIG ORANGE.

I'll never think of Tennessee fans the same after the crying about Lane Kiffen.
    Then again Kiffen really did you wrong.

And the jerk wouldn't even shake Beamers hand after the chik bowl. No class.
  • VelociMama
    Options
    University of Tennessee Volunteers fan. Big one. Most people think we are a bunch of rednecks... Okay, we might be, but we're fun!

GO BIG ORANGE.

Kiffen is a whiny *****. That whole debacle was a mess. It was a huge huge huge mess.
  • oregonzoo
    Options

GO BIG ORANGE.

Kiffen is a whiny *****. That whole debacle was a mess. It was a huge huge huge mess.

He really is. And now he's all the sudden getting talked up.....grr
  • VelociMama
    Options

GO BIG ORANGE.

He really is. And now he's all the sudden getting talked up.....grr

Ugh, I know. I just hope he breaks a leg or something and fails at USC (not necessarily in that order).
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Broncos fan! I dont know that we have any misconseptions, or I just never paid attention!
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia fan here. Enough said.