Still want some soda???

Options

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Don't touch the stuff very often unless it's the only thing in the house.
    Shocking that everyone thinks this stuff is safe. Hfcs contains lead because of the cooking process. Aspartame is not a sweetener anyone needs. It has actually caused people to go blind and brings on brain splitting migraines.

www.mercola.com

use search feature just type in both and see some real research and what these poisons really are. Educate yourself with the truth so you can make good decisions.

While you're there type in Vaccines and learn some shocking eye opening truth about those.

The truth about vaccines? You mean that whole families are no longer wiped out by smallpox and we've managed to prevent polio epidemics in much of the world? Mercola is a sleaze who preys on the gullible and easily scared in order to flog his unproven and overpriced supplements. Wtf is it with members here and that snakeoil salesman?

Or the fact that families that have decided to abstain from vaccines have been causing outbreaks?

Ugh, gosh I hate the selfish parents who think that the minuscule risk of vaccines (it's practically nonexistent) is worth risking the health of children and adults who rely on herd immunity because their own immunity has been compromised (chemo, for example), or they genuinely cannot be vaccinated or are too young to have received all their shots. It's utterly immoral for these people to rank the lives of society's most vulnerable below their precious darlings having a fever and a bit of a tantrum thanks to the mmr.

It's complete selfishness. No two ways about it. THEIR babies are at risk (in their minds) so they don't see all the others that they're actually harming.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    What is a freestyle machine? Is it just your normal soft drink dispenser when you go get fast food? Or is it something special?

It is the ones wendy's have been using for a while now where you can pretty much pick any soda Coke makes. It just mixes it there for you, when before you had to have seperate boxes of each soda that would just mix with the carbonated water. This mixes the corn syrup, with the carbonation, then with flavor. Not sure what the big deal is since the OP has been working in fast food for so long, she has been seeing this thing the whole time, not it is just seperated into more boxes.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    What is a freestyle machine? Is it just your normal soft drink dispenser when you go get fast food? Or is it something special?

It is the ones wendy's have been using for a while now where you can pretty much pick any soda Coke makes. It just mixes it there for you, when before you had to have seperate boxes of each soda that would just mix with the carbonated water. This mixes the corn syrup, with the carbonation, then with flavor. Not sure what the big deal is since the OP has been working in fast food for so long, she has been seeing this thing the whole time, not it is just seperated into more boxes.

It just hit me just how large of a percentage of soda HFCS is.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

It just hit me just how large of a percentage of soda HFCS is.

Ah I gotcha, I guess we do learn a lot of things about the food we used to over indulge in as we learn how to eat healthy, and read lables. There are a lot of eye opening things out there, just don't let it stop you from enjoying yourself everyonce in a while.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Don't touch the stuff very often unless it's the only thing in the house.
    Shocking that everyone thinks this stuff is safe. Hfcs contains lead because of the cooking process. Aspartame is not a sweetener anyone needs. It has actually caused people to go blind and brings on brain splitting migraines.

www.mercola.com

use search feature just type in both and see some real research and what these poisons really are. Educate yourself with the truth so you can make good decisions.

While you're there type in Vaccines and learn some shocking eye opening truth about those.

The truth about vaccines? You mean that whole families are no longer wiped out by smallpox and we've managed to prevent polio epidemics in much of the world? Mercola is a sleaze who preys on the gullible and easily scared in order to flog his unproven and overpriced supplements. Wtf is it with members here and that snakeoil salesman?

Or the fact that families that have decided to abstain from vaccines have been causing outbreaks?

Ugh, gosh I hate the selfish parents who think that the minuscule risk of vaccines (it's practically nonexistent) is worth risking the health of children and adults who rely on herd immunity because their own immunity has been compromised (chemo, for example), or they genuinely cannot be vaccinated or are too young to have received all their shots. It's utterly immoral for these people to rank the lives of society's most vulnerable below their precious darlings having a fever and a bit of a tantrum thanks to the mmr.

It's complete selfishness. No two ways about it. THEIR babies are at risk (in their minds) so they don't see all the others that they're actually harming.

hm... the conversation about soda took a quick turn. I will say that my family has experienced first hand the sever effects of some vaccines and while no i don't think that it will effect EVERY child the same way (obviously, everyone is different), people SHOULD educate themselves and then make a decision that suits their family. We almost lost my niece as a result of a severe vaccine reaction. It was proven so no we aren't just assuming this is the reason she almost lost her life at 6 months old. Now, my daughter was put on a delayed vaccine schedule because her pediatrician knew our family history and he was very supportive. I had no reason to vaccinate her since I was a stay at home mother and I rarely took her anywhere and she was never babysat. She was/is the healthiest child I know. She is now 3 years old and up to date. I made a decision based on our experience. You can't lump everyone into a group saying they are selfish if you don't know their past. That's like saying all people who are overweight are fat lazy slobs, all military spouses cheat on their service member, etc. It doesn't work that way. Everyone has an individual story and experience.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options

www.mercola.com

hm... the conversation about soda took a quick turn. I will say that my family has experienced first hand the sever effects of some vaccines and while no i don't think that it will effect EVERY child the same way (obviously, everyone is different), people SHOULD educate themselves and then make a decision that suits their family. We almost lost my niece as a result of a severe vaccine reaction. It was proven so no we aren't just assuming this is the reason she almost lost her life at 6 months old. Now, my daughter was put on a delayed vaccine schedule because her pediatrician knew our family history and he was very supportive. I had no reason to vaccinate her since I was a stay at home mother and I rarely took her anywhere and she was never babysat. She was/is the healthiest child I know. She is now 3 years old and up to date. I made a decision based on our experience. You can't lump everyone into a group saying they are selfish if you don't know their past. That's like saying all people who are overweight are fat lazy slobs, all military spouses cheat on their service member, etc. It doesn't work that way. Everyone has an individual story and experience.

You're right I shouldn't make a snap judgement. But you DID get her vaccinated. I'm talking about people who do not believe in vaccinating at all. My daughter had a modified vaccination schedule due to some health issues but I did get her vaccinated.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

www.mercola.com

But I've no problem with those who have a genuine reaction to vaccines taking full advantage of herd immunity. People like your niece need the rest of us to do the right thing and keep up to date with the schedule (and yes, I get boosters; I used to travel to developing countries a fair bit) so that they can live the safest, healthiest lives possible. Would I have been as cautious if it was my child with a family history of vaccine reactions? Maybe, but on the other hand I've spent way too much time in hospital to want to leave things to chance. It absolutely kills me seeing the children's wing and I don't think I'd feel good about myself knowing that my actions could potentially endanger a child who's already pretty sick or cause my own child to end up deaf, blind or worse. Still, who can say? No one's as perfect as we like to think; charities would be overrun with volunteers and donations were that the case! I'm glad your daughter's up to date with her vaccines. Some of the disease that we vaccinate for these days are dreadful, even with the best medical care.
  • marie_cressman
    Options

www.mercola.com

You're right I shouldn't make a snap judgement. But you DID get her vaccinated. I'm talking about people who do not believe in vaccinating at all. My daughter had a modified vaccination schedule due to some health issues but I did get her vaccinated.

You are right. I did. But my sister did not complete Arleigh's vaccines for the obvious reasons. It's a really touchy subject with me and it makes me very sad to think how close we were to losing her. She's an amazing and strong child even at only 5years old now. We are thankful it wasn't her time to go. God has big plans for her. :smile:
  • marie_cressman
    Options

www.mercola.com

But I've no problem with those who have a genuine reaction to vaccines taking full advantage of herd immunity. People like your niece need the rest of us to do the right thing and keep up to date with the schedule (and yes, I get boosters; I used to travel to developing countries a fair bit) so that they can live the safest, healthiest lives possible. Would I have been as cautious if it was my child with a family history of vaccine reactions? Maybe, but on the other hand I've spent way too much time in hospital to want to leave things to chance. It absolutely kills me seeing the children's wing and I don't think I'd feel good about myself knowing that my actions could potentially endanger a child who's already pretty sick or cause my own child to end up deaf, blind or worse. Still, who can say? No one's as perfect as we like to think; charities would be overrun with volunteers and donations were that the case! I'm glad your daughter's up to date with her vaccines. Some of the disease that we vaccinate for these days are dreadful, even with the best medical care.

You are absolutely right. You have educated yourself and made the best decision for your family. I think everyone should do the same. :smile:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Soda, like anything, isn't bad in moderation. If you drink it every day and that's all you drink, you have a problem. Once in a while, like I always have, won't kill you. You can nit-pick every little thing that goes into your body and find some flaw or another.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

www.mercola.com

You are absolutely right. You have educated yourself and made the best decision for your family. I think everyone should do the same. :smile:

actually, at least in my area, without vaccines, children cannot enter kindergarten. I was against getting my girls their chicken pox vaccines, I think it's completely idiotic. Just let the kids get the damn pox and get it over with as young children. Who knows what might happen to those who have had this vaccine in like 30+ years or something. It's just stupid to me. We all had chicken pox, nothing bad came of it, maybe a few scars, high fevers? I had them horribly and was in the hospital, but I lived and now chances are near impossible I'll ever get it again.

edit: and I forgot to mention, they did get their vaccines because of the whole going to school thing. I'm not homeschooling them just because of what I think of the vaccine. School and interacting with other children is more important than my opinion on the matter of thinking chicken pox vaccine is dumb.
  • Kryssaxo
    Kryssaxo Posts: 54
    Options
    This reminded me of my diet pepsi sitting beside me.
    Delicious.
  • marie_cressman
    Options

www.mercola.com

actually, at least in my area, without vaccines, children cannot enter kindergarten. I was against getting my girls their chicken pox vaccines, I think it's completely idiotic. Just let the kids get the damn pox and get it over with as young children. Who knows what might happen to those who have had this vaccine in like 30+ years or something. It's just stupid to me. We all had chicken pox, nothing bad came of it, maybe a few scars, high fevers? I had them horribly and was in the hospital, but I lived and now chances are near impossible I'll ever get it again.

edit: and I forgot to mention, they did get their vaccines because of the whole going to school thing. I'm not homeschooling them just because of what I think of the vaccine. School and interacting with other children is more important than my opinion on the matter of thinking chicken pox vaccine is dumb.

i thought about homeschooling, but that's more because i'm an over protective mom... LOL my son is entering 1st grade in the school here on post and my daughter will more than likely go to preschool. my sister is going to homeschool my niece and continue to put her in the activities she is in to give her the social skills she needs. she has a wonderful support system and i am so thankful for that. :)
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Totally don't miss installing boxes like that when I worked at the Bingo Hall... Smoke, fried food and sticky soda... yummy :smokin:
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Some people don't care about that stuff, that is up to them.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against diet soda. I drink diet coke, so I can eat regular cake.

gabriel iglesias? possibly the funniest man alive
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused. Am I supposed to be shocked that a fast food restaurant goes through a lot of syrup?
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    This reminded me of my diet pepsi sitting beside me.
    Delicious.

Same here.

Cheers :drinker:

No Coke products for me unless there is Bacardi involved :tongue:
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Stop saying bad things about BK!! I don't even want to know!!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Ew. Im so glad I quit soda two years ago... that is just sad.