Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...reviews?

Options
I am thinking of starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred program. Is it worth the money and does it work?

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of the DVD, and yes, it works well! There are three levels in it so you're not doing the same monotonous moves for an entire month. My pants are already starting to not fit well. :)
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump...

I've started it and I really like it so far, but I'd love to hear more stories about it. I've heard nothing but good things thus far!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    A) You can get it for free on YouTube. Or in the store, it's only $9.
    B) I'm on Day 6 and absolutely love it!!!! It's tough but as the days go by it gets easier.

I highly recommend it! And I have fun doing it :D I hope my result turn out to be as great as I know I'll feel in 24 days.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I got it for around $6 on amazon.com
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost but 2.5 lbs but I've definitely lost a couple of inches between my waist, hips, belly, and thighs. I feel much stronger and my endurance has increased dramatically. It's definitely worth it. Try it on youtube first to see if you like it.
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 3 and still sore, but I like it a lot. I just watch it on YouTube for free....
  • JessicaLG23
    Options
    Thanks guys for the input, I am going to try it out.
  • marcsgirl10
    marcsgirl10 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I saw that in the store the other day and actually bought her kickboxing dvd and yoga....I have been doing combos of both of those for a few days and I will just say this, she looks like she does for a reason. I am a huge fan and plan to buy 30 day shred today. I don't care about losing weight, but about losing inches, feeling strong and looking better in my clothes :) Have fun!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    What can you lose at $8 right?? Seriously, it's a great work out. It 's now part of my weekly routine!! Get it, you won't regret it!
  • EmilyRapisarda
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of 30 day shred I love it! I just stream the videos off of YouTube. After the 5 days I already realize my stamina has gone up I decided to pump it up a bit and now use level one 30 day shred as a warm up then do week one of ripped in 30 days by Jillian michaels. I use 8 lb dumbells( killed me the first 3 days!!) I'm hoping to lose a lot of weight. This is my first bout of really working out since about two years ago. The sweat just poure off me but for about an hour a day counting warm up and warm down its an awesome workout. Good luck!!
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started today and so far I like it. I wanted to ramp up my workouts and decided to add this one in rotation along with my other activities. I will say my legs are definitely feeling the burn already which is a good thing.
  • raycolvin
    raycolvin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    JM will change your life.
    I'm on the 2nd DVD, ripped in 30.
    It's amazing.

In fact,
    Having others who are going through the same torture as you helps a whole heck of a lot:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7044-ripped-in-30-challenge-summer-2012
  • nikithagirlie
    nikithagirlie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start my weight loss journey since it has been 26months since I gave birth and didnt manage to lose or put on weight since then..I am currently 180lbs and need to become 143lbs within 6months..

I was planning to get either Jillian Michaels 30 day shred plus this cd : extreme shed and shred..I would like your inputs as to which is better and do we have to follow her meal plan exactly?
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am planning to start my weight loss journey since it has been 26months since I gave birth and didnt manage to lose or put on weight since then..I am currently 180lbs and need to become 143lbs within 6months..

I was planning to get either Jillian Michaels 30 day shred plus this cd : extreme shed and shred..I would like your inputs as to which is better and do we have to follow her meal plan exactly?

I would suggest starting with 30 day shred. In my opinion I would advise not following her meal plan and just using MFP to track your calories/carbs/fat. Ensure that you're eating plenty of veggies, drinking tons of water and just log your food daily. As long as you're fitting everything within that, you will lose weight. It's so much easier to follow (to me) than a meal plan.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it and on level two and I can't fit into ANY, NOT ONE of my jeans without wearing a belt. lost inches more than pounds I'd say, though I'm not seeing a difference but my clothes says different.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it. My 2 cents:

1. You don't have to do it 30 days *in a row * - JM advises that you take recovery days.
    2. It is okay to spend more than 10 days at each level.
    3. Form is more important than keeping up. Make sure you are doing the moves correctly, then worry about speed.
    3. It is okay to substitute moves (I do high knees instead of rock star jumps)
    4. It is okay to customize it to you. If that means lower weights, or higher weights, or extra stretching when you are done, or following Anita for some of the moves, and Natalie for others -- okay.

Just remember, there will be no test at the end of the 30 days. What is important is that you find a program that you can do, but is also challenging enough that you progress.
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It works extremely well! I did it and LOVED it! I didn't take my measurements before/after (would strongly suggest you do if you get it) but there was a noticeable difference in my arms and tummy within the first few weeks.. The Levels are a natural progression so at first you don't even realize how strong you're getting. I now have muscle tone in my shoulders and arms! I still do Levels 1 & 2 once or twice a week because it's a great little workout for 20 minutes each level!
  • 72jean
    72jean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started it! I am sore but I will feel better in the end! I am also using the MFP to track my food and drinking a lot of water!! For the price you can't beat it!!
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is a love/hate relationship for me :wink: . I will say that it is hard and challenging, but it is not too hard or too challenging that you will not be able to do it. I did not lose any weight, but I lost 4 3/4 inches after 15 days (I'm on Level 3, Day 2 currently. So I haven't taken my ending measurements). For someone who has little children and doesn't have a lot of time to workout, it definitely is a nice 30 minute workout to fit in (warm up and cool down included). I can squeeze it in during nap time. I've seen other workouts that are an hour/ hour and a half. As a mother with little children, I don't have that much time to devote to a workout. Definitely find some friends that you can report to every single day you complete the challenge. You will want to quit when you hit Level 2. During Level 2, all I wanted to do was quit. If it wasn't for a group that I made on facebook of close friends that were to keep me accountable, I never would've gotten through Level 2. Find someone who's going to get on your nerves and bug you to no end. It is so worth it. I feel stronger, healthier, and capable of anything!!!

It is free on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7BK7jpu3M
    Also, there's a calendar online that you can print off that can help keep you on track as to which day you are on. That's helped me.
  • Lolly13
    Lolly13 Posts: 35
    Options
    How do you log your calories burned from doing the 30DS work out on MFP?