Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...reviews?

Options

Replies

• cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    In another post, someone gave the following equation to find out how many calories you burn completing the 30 day shred...

Take 3.267 and multiply by your weight. Then divide that answer by 3. That will give you the number of calories burned. I just created a new exercise and titled it 30 day shred. I logged it as 20 minutes.

So using my weight as an example: 3.267*201= 656.667 Divide that by 3... 656.667/3= 218 calories burned

hope this helps
  • Lolly13
    Lolly13 Posts: 35
    Options
    In another post, someone gave the following equation to find out how many calories you burn completing the 30 day shred...

Take 3.267 and multiply by your weight. Then divide that answer by 3. That will give you the number of calories burned. I just created a new exercise and titled it 30 day shred. I logged it as 20 minutes.

So using my weight as an example: 3.267*201= 656.667 Divide that by 3... 656.667/3= 218 calories burned

hope this helps

Genius! Sounds about right :) Thanks!
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I have a question and im hoping someone has an answer :)
    I started the 30 day shred ( on day 3 now) but unlike the recommendations i cant do the workout everyday, i can only do it 5 times a week with 2 rest days back to back. If i stay on my diet, and give the workout my all when i do it, will i still see results?? I know its had to say but just an opinion would help. Thanks!!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hells yeah! I started my "journey" doing 30DS, then moved onto Body Revolution, killer Abs, No more trouble Zones and many other Jillian DVD's. Then I did Insanity. Guess what, now I am doing a second round of 30 day shred. I was surprised at what a great workout it still is after doing all those other ones it still holds up!

And is it worth the money? Yes, it's cheap!
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I lost close to 15 pounds with 30DS. It was wonderful. However, its really not enough exercise for most people who are looking to lose, because its so short in length.. I credit half of the loss to the video and half to running. I would do a 30DS workout in the AM and then a 20-30 minute run on top of it. Definitely toned my upper body though!
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    im starting the shred tomorrow. plus doing my normal 60 mins dog walking a day. i hope for good results!!!
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thank you all!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it? Yes, it doesn't cost much to begin with. In fact, you might even find it on You Tube.

Does it work? Yeah, if you do it.

Personally, it was too strenuous for me, and I didn't do it for the full 30 days. After I'd do it, my body felt like mush and I couldn't do anything else for the rest of the day. You'd think 20 minutes or so isn't much to ask of a person, but it really winded me. Perhaps I should have tried lighter weights or something.
  • shellyburger
    shellyburger Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My sister has been doing the 30 day shred for over 30 days now... and she still completely loves it. She was already decently thin, but in the 30 days she toned up quite noticeably.
  • luckymarge
    Options
    I've been doing it religiously for a month, not necessarily in any order. It's a very do-able 20 minute workout. I think that is the secret to its success... we can all spare 20 minutes and, as she says, it saves hours in the gym. I never used to like Jillian Michaels, but I am warming her to calling me buddy!! ha ha Do it, you've nothing to lose. About to order ripped now and do them on alternate days.
  • rasras3008
    rasras3008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Has anybody gained weight from the 30DS? I have been doing the 30DS for about seven days, and I have gained weight instead of loss.
  • maskemo
    maskemo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI I HAVE SEEMED TO HAVE GAINED WEIGHT, IM ON DAY 11 FIRST DAY OF LEVEL 2, ALTHOUGH I DO FEEL MORE DEFINED PERHAPS ITS MUSCLE BUILDING, I AM DOING BITS ON MY EXCERCISE BIKE AND ZUMBA ALSO
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did it as a total exercise beginner. I was sore as heck for the first few days, but I kept at it. It did get a bit easier as I neared the end of each section. I noticed my stamina really improving, though it still gave me a great work out. I don't think I have ever sweat in my life as much as I did doing that workout! I did have to modify a few of her moves due to a bad knee, especially in the 3rd section, but I made sure to keep moving. Over the period of the 30 days, while still doing my regular diet of keeping calories out more than calories in, I lost about 7 pounds and OVER 9 INCHES OFF MY BODY!! I logged it as circuit training. I highly recommend it, though she does get a bit irritating after about the 5th day on each section. Hang in there! Believe me, if I can do it, YOU can do it!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I did it about 2 years ago, i did 30days level 2 and 30days level 3. Each month i lost about 7-8#
    I also would do some extra cardio. I would suggest weighing in when you are done with the 30 days. Level 2 is a arm toner, i loved my arms at the end. I cant do it now because i cant work my pecs too much but when i can i will! This classic jillian dvd is her best in my opinion, ive done a bunch from hers and this one is the only one i have not given away, its worth like gold!
    Good luck!
  • ninja7
    ninja7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm waiting for this DVD to arrive, after reading everyone's comments I'm really excited! Can you start at level 2?
  • ashleighmorgan5209
    ashleighmorgan5209 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    just ordered this DVD after seeing reviews, can't wait to start it even though it does sound like a challenge! If level 2 is the hardest can you just start on that for 30 days I'm assuming you'd see even more results! If I can walk the next day ill try do some extra cardio like running or cycling as the calorie expenditure doesn't seem like much
  • sherriwedel
    sherriwedel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    did 2 days of it & loved it...next morning i went for a jog and tore something in my right calf. think i probably strained it the night before but just wrote it off to muscle soreness. have taken a 2 day break with only walking & doing free weights with arms. plan to start again tonight but substitute something for the "jumping rope" portion as i still feel a twinge when i stand on my tip toes...
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group

group for people doing any JM workouts inc 30ds to motivate each other. please join us

apologies if ive already posted this link.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just completed level 1 today and start level 2 tomorrow. I see a drastic difference already in my muscle tone, especially in my arms and shoulders. (It's probably because I was over-zealous and got 3lb weights. :laugh: ) I'm kinda nervous about level 2. I can't wait to see my end results with results this good after only 10 days. I'll be looking into her other workout DVDs when I'm done!!!
  • Neilson32
    Neilson32 Posts: 5
    Options
    I started the 30DS July 8 - i have taken two days off so far. I didn't measure myself -(i do notice a difference though in my arms/back and abs) In two weeks I was down 4.2 lbs - (i only get on the scale every 2-4weeks). I am still on level 1 because I will not go to the next level til I master every one of the moves - the squats/arm raises are my biggest challenge - as soon as i can do it all without missing a beat i'll move on. ALMOST THERE THOUGH!!!! It is a love/hate relationship with the dvd once i get through the warm up and first round - its all good i can keep up. I also walk 2 miles prior to doing the video every morning. It's the perfect 20 minutes... so i'm all down before 7 am. fits into my busy schedule. If it takes me 90 days to do all three levels then that's what it takes.....