Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...reviews?

Options

Replies

• angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred program. Is it worth the money and does it work?

Absolutely. It's only $9.99 it's not a huge investment.
  • alynn2388
    Options
    I did 20 days of it 2 years ago then moved and didn't have space or a tv (excuses excuses) but I decided to do it again. Just finished day two level one. I already feel better. I do want to add the treadmill in a few days a week but we will see. Please anyone feel free to add me for motivation and accountability!
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can find it on YouTube for free. I did it for two weeks or so and found it boring. There is much caloric burn for the workout.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What do you log this under im MFP?? I've been doing circuit training but that doesn't seem to be 'enough' cals burned.. I'm drenched by the time i'm done lol.. any suggestions?
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group

Jillian Michaels workout group if anyone is interested please join us.:flowerforyou:
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I have a question and im hoping someone has an answer :)
    I started the 30 day shred ( on day 3 now) but unlike the recommendations i cant do the workout everyday, i can only do it 5 times a week with 2 rest days back to back. If i stay on my diet, and give the workout my all when i do it, will i still see results?? I know its had to say but just an opinion would help. Thanks!!

u can surely do that ....
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day one, Level 1. I.....wanted to die. This was the hardest 25 minutes of my life. I wanted to give in, she wouldn't let me. I told her to go f@$* herself a few times, aloud, but it got me through.

I spend 4-5 at the gym for 1.5-2 hours, and this still kicked my butt.

That being said, it was free on youtube, just needed a yoga mat and some light hand weights.

Holy crap Jillian. I'll see you tomorrow, if I can walk.
  • WenHurley
    WenHurley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Day 2 and I am walking a mile too. Muscles that I've not noticed before are really sore. Tried it with 5lb weights and couldn't lift my arms so I decided to use the 2lb ones to start with then move up to 3 then 5.
  • goldenglow90
    goldenglow90 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Has anybody gained weight from the 30DS? I have been doing the 30DS for about seven days, and I have gained weight instead of loss.

YES! I've just finished level 1 and only had 1 rest day and I've gained 3lbs. I don't think it's all muscle though as I have also added 1% to my body fat :(
  • zimbauer1189
    Options
    I just got the30 day shred and plan to start it tomorrow, I'm currently 206 and just wondering how quick people made it do their goal weight using the 30 day shred?
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group

im on day 16/30
    deffinetly more inch loss than weight but thats good in a sense.
    3 levels to change things now and again. (lv 2(im currently on lv2) is a *****) so many planks
  • lcbowz
    lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3; I finish Thursday with my 30 days. I feel stronger and have definitely lost inches. Weight-wise maybe 6 lbs? I'd have to look back. When I finish, I'll begin ripped in 30. Any other recommendations? I think maybe the second 30DS, then Body Revolution? This is something that is never going to stop; I have come to realize I need to keep the next goal constantly in mind because being fit isn't something you achieve then stop exercising & watching what you eat! :-)
  • juliejean123
    juliejean123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I loved the 30DS. As a matter of fact, I love all of JM's workouts. So far, I have done RI30 and No More Trouble Zones as well as 30DS. I have seen good results as far as muscle tone. Lately, I have been alternating cross-trainer workouts and No More Trouble Zones and I find it's a good balance of cardio and strength training. Good Luck! Measure before you start - you'll be glad you did!
  • angx3bob
    Options
    I love the shred. I did 30 days and no it wasn't easy I lost 9 pounds not sure on the inches but definitely lost those too! I would recommend this to any one who want to change there body. Staring round 2 of the shred tomorrow . Can't wait to see more results .
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    buying today just going to get her set, loving the reviews. will measure tonight and start tomorrow morning. St. Thomas Virgin Islands in April 2014. this weight has to come off!!!

i heard people say weights... 2, 3 and 5 lbs? and jumping rope? is there supplies that need to be bought to use the videos?

i still have to master the eating the exercise calories. i'm buring 500-1000 calories a day and i'm scheduled to eat 1450. and i just do't think i'm doing it right... ugggh i'll just keep tracking and working out something has to give.

have a great day
  • Fire5wife23
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred for a little over a month, I lost 12 lbs!! It's tough but if you keep up with it and move up through the levels it makes a huge difference!! My sister was the one who recommended it to me, she went from a size 16 to a size 10 in 6 months and is now a size 8 and looks awesome!! It is a great workout!! I'm really glad I tried it!!
  • kozubl
    kozubl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started the 5th and love it! Anyone want to connect and do the challenge together? Friend request me! I took my before pics.
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    did my first workout this morning. watched last night to know what i was in for at 530 this morning. i thought, ok, jumping jacks, running in place, 20 min. i can handle this. YEA... OK... NOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! holy crap, i've been in the gym 3 weeks straight and i sweat more doing this than an hour of elliptical. i could not do it all, i mean i finished the 20 mins but i had to stop several times. and geesh really i'm 48 i used to do jumping jacks all the time.... OMG!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, i was dying. so level 1 yea its easy but it will get ya and she knows what she's doing. i'll be back tomorrow for day 2, i will finish this
  • lra609
    lra609 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just finished the first workout of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred :) Let's hope for the best.
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all of the posts so if I'm repeating, please forgive me. If you don't want to drop any cash, check out YouTube first. if you can't get what you want, TRY THE FREE LIBRARY!

You may have a couple days weight, but the local library will likely get you a copy of anything you want for free. Talk to the ladies (men?) there. If you explain that you'd like to really do the 30DS, they may check it out to you for 30 days...my library ladies would probably give me 150 days if I asked...make friends there. Seriously though, request it there and ask them about it. You can probably work something out.

And if you're like me, you'll find a technological way to make it so you can make a copy and move on while you check the forrealz copy back in. Message me :)

Edited to add: Always try CraigsList for workout things you want. Now is not the best time since everyone on the planet is feeling fat right now, but in a month plus, Craigs List will go back to it's normal state of being full of everything to do with working out...DVDs, treadmills, gear, etc....for free or super, duper cheap!