body fat %

Options

Replies

• genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Around 16-17%. Would definitely like to get down to about 10% if possible :)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy at 16-20%.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Think im around 9-10% (not sure my calipers will be here on saturday), I want to be about 7-8%

This site is very accurate.

http://www.calculator.net/weight-loss-calculator.html
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    14-15% on men
    I would 17%-18% on me, I'm about 22-24% right now (I have no idea what's going on with my body -_-) but 17-18% is my goal =)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm at 20-21% & would like to be rock solid at 17-18% (14-15% is even better).
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm about 24%....but I want to be about 18%
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm 14%-15%
    Would like to be 10% but I'm fighting against age and training injuries!

<whispers> And genetics, sorry mum
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Think im around 9-10% (not sure my calipers will be here on saturday), I want to be about 7-8%

This site is very accurate.

http://www.calculator.net/weight-loss-calculator.html

I just tried that one and it says i'm 33%. I find that pretty hard to believe. I got measured by a trainer at my heaviest (3 pants sizes ago and 25 lbs ago) and I was 35%....I think this one, that takes the average of several different measurements is a bit more accurate http://www.gymgoal.com/dtool_fat.html
  • 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    according to the "gym goal" online calculator i am 23.1% (yuck!!)
    my goal is 18%
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Judging from the photos I'm about 15% but I would like to drop it down to the 10% - 12% range. I don't think going under 10% is a realistic goal for me because it would be pretty hard to maintain although I do know a few people who stay under 10% most of the time. It takes a lot of work.
  • shanea98
    shanea98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just remember ladies the lower the percent the less in the chest since those girls are almost all fat-- the weight lifting ladies in the low percentials usually have to have some added fluff
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Probably around 23%. I don't want to be super thin because of my wide shoulders. So I need a few curves on me but still be toned.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    my goal is 18%
    23.1% isn't bad & in fact its still within the fitness range. Tons of women have the same or even higher percentages & will find your "yuck" offensive. While I understand that you also want to lower it down to teens like me (yes I'm 20-21% & my goal is 17%) but there's no reason to feel gross about being in 23%. Trust me a lot of women would love to be on this range we are in.

I would understand your "yuck" more if you were a guy but judging by your profile pic, I can easily say that you're a woman & we all know that percentage is still normal for us women.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    my goal is 18%
    23.1% isn't bad & in fact its still within the fitness range. Tons of women have the same or even higher percentages & will find your "yuck" offensive.

EDIT: I would understand you if you were a guy but judging by your profile pic, I can easily say that you're a woman

Dude seriously, I would LOVE to be at 23%! My ultimate goal is somewhere between 18-20%, but considering I'm at 29% right now and I think I look alright, 23 would be awesome.
  • go4itjoanna
    go4itjoanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am at 22. My goal is to be under 20%.
  • ichigo007
    ichigo007 Posts: 97
    Options
    in the article there is a link to another article ( http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages ) that people with identical body fat % that look totally different
    thats because they have same amount of fat but one works out and the other doesn't so there lean muscle mass is different and there scale weight
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I would be completely happy with the 17-18% body.
  • ichigo007
    ichigo007 Posts: 97
    Options
    Between 8% and 15% is my goal. even at hose I will have around 200 lbs of lean muscle since I am currently 265 ish with a 24.8% body fat
  • vespertinestar
    Options
    I'm at 21% and I'd like to be down around 16-18. I look better than that 22% guy.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I'm around 11. I want to get to single digits by September, then bulk to 15% over the winter. Come spring I will drop back down to that 11 or 10 range. I'll have to see if I'm happy with where I'm at and at that point maybe do another bulk cycle.