Husband is skeptical

Options

Replies

• confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. This is the very best gift that you can give yourself. It won't be easy. Nothing truly worthwhile is. Hang in there and make effort every day. You CAN do this.

THIS!
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    write really big on a piece of paper: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! and stick it somewhere your husband will see it.... Then get it back and keep it, stick on your fridge or something

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!
  • momX3kane
    momX3kane Posts: 11
    Options
    My husband feels the same way....
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Altho unspoken my wife thinks the same so far I have managed to stay on for a bit over a year
    I need this site for motivation and support. My husband thinks I won't last long and will give up, but I can't do that! I have to change my lifestyle or I will have a heart attack before I reach 60!
  • amallia921
    amallia921 Posts: 51
    Options
    My husband is the same way. He says he will support me if I actually do it this time. Then he will bring me junk food. So he is always trying to make sure I fail in every thing I do.. Men are such weird creatures..
  • SammyW89
    SammyW89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd see it as a challenge now it lose the weight and then say. Ha, proved you wrong!!

We're all on here to lose weight and feel better, shared interest and a common goal- we'll support each other through the bad and good days!

and celebrate all the achievements along the way!

Keep going!

:D
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    you must not be Italian- we accomplish so many things on spite alone! All I need is for someone to tell me I can't do somthing!!!

You can do this- prove him wrong!

Italian women never let anyone tell us we can't do something.
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sad that he can't be more supportive but I know how you feel. I'm ADD also and I sometimes feel like my husband is subconsciously trying to sabotage my efforts to improve myself. But that's no reason we can't be successful. When I found out I was pregnant with my last baby I had successfully lost 30 pounds because of the support of this site. I know that I can do it again and so can you. *hugs*
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My husband saw how easy I lost the weight so now he is doing it lol so be a good example for him
  • cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    who cares what he thinks? men suck.
    you have everyone on mfp to encourage you. once you get all sexy you can dump his *kitten* for not believing in you =]

Hey not all of us do! That's why you come to MFP to find lots of support...whether male/female. :D
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    Isn't it great? We wait until we marry you to show what supportive cads we can be.

Anyway, if this was a diet you would not stick to it because they don't work. This you'll stick with because it's a lifestyle change; it'll just take time.

Diets don't work but this sort of thing does.

I love this! I was going to say that I'm brutal about removing all negative vipers from my life. There are just too many positive, supportive people out there to waist time on the bad apples.

Then I saw this...:huh: Bad, bad boys. Unfortunately, that is all too often how it happens. It's much harder to eliminate someone you're married to.

Anyway, I totally agree with the second part, as well. The key to success is to avoid dieting in the first place. Those never work. Making changes you can do for ever DOES. It's rough when someone is cheering you on to failure. You'll need people who'll raise you up again when he's finished dragging you down. MFP can be great for that!
  • larabell69
    larabell69 Posts: 61
    Options
    I get these same remarks from love ones they dont get that we need to change are whole way of eating to lose and be healthier. I just keep going,
    I have been doing what I need for me, and feel that my honey will see I am serious if I continue and the changes are noticeable. I still cook for him (he can eat anything) but dont let his remarks stop me, its my fule to keep going! use it as your fule, I try to plan ahead what is on the table, but when we are so busy and no time to cook I make wraps, with chicken or turkey... honey If he wants to run thr Mc D's ....not me, I get my quick meal at home. You can do this, we can do this! larabell
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Just one day at a time. Pretty soon, you start thinking different, eating different, working out different (or even just working out for the first time regularly). You CAN do this!

I just love it when someone challenges me, I hate to be wrong!
  • JasmineRose14
    JasmineRose14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Get a divorce and find someone that supports you... Acepting ridiculous behavior like that is why so many women have self-esteen issues, and low self-esteem=Eating disorders (most of the time)
    You are not and should not be doing this for anyone else but yourself. All of this "Prove Him Wrong" stuff is asinine; even if he 100% thinks you will fail, those words should never come out of the mouth of a man that loves, respects and adores his wife. Shame on him.
    How much weight-loss will it take to earn his respect and admiration...the answer should be 0 lbs, he should love and admire you as the woman he wants to be with, and you should want to do this to be your best you!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I need this site for motivation and support. My husband thinks I won't last long and will give up, but I can't do that! I have to change my lifestyle or I will have a heart attack before I reach 60!

What a horrible thing for your husband to think! Of course you won't make it with kind of support! SMH!!

Take it as a challenge and PROVE HIM WRONG!! Get lots of supportive MFP friends (I'll send you a friend request), and ask questions if you need help. There are also several MFP groups that you can join. I am in one that you are welcome to join. It's "Lose a Stone a Month". I don't know where you are from, but "Stone" is a British term equal to 14 lbs. We don't always reach it, but we still support each other!! That's what were are all here for!! Best of luck to you in reaching your goals!! :flowerforyou:
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I was having problems losing weight etc my Trainer said I was either sneaking food in or just plain up cheating. I got so damn pissed off at her I went to the doctor found out what was "wrong" Ive lost 34 pounds without exercise and changed my diet completly! I cant wait to tell that Trainer she dont know wtf she was talking about ;)!
  • guineebrat
    guineebrat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    u can do this
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nothing motivates me more than someone telling me i can't .... Anyone can do Anything... Watch Amazing Life Transformations on ABC. That show motivates me and shows me all the time anyone can do anything they really want to :) You can change your lifestyle
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    you must not be Italian- we accomplish so many things on spite alone! All I need is for someone to tell me I can't do somthing!!!

You can do this- prove him wrong!

Or Irish. Spite too works best for me.

I am part Irish. I am very strong-willed. (Some have called it stubborn, but I like "strong-willed")
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    write really big on a piece of paper: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! and stick it somewhere your husband will see it.... Then get it back and keep it, stick on your fridge or something

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!

Good one!