what instrument(s) did/do you play?

Options

Replies

• BevBoyer67
    Options
    Alto sax from 6 th grade to sophomore in college. I still have my horn and now my son is playing alto sax in high school band.
  • jeefyl
    jeefyl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Clarinet is the instrument was professional trained on and played throughout middle and high school and I still play ocassionaly in the church orchestra. I taught myself to play saxophone and flute as well when my siblings got into band.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used to play the piano, but I hardly ever pick one up anymore. (Bwahaha) Played tenor sax in school and now the harmonica.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I started learning the piano when I was 10. When I was 12 I wanted to learn to play Dueling Banjos, so I saved up my allowance and bought a banjo. My mom bought me a new banjo for my 40th birthday. She said she thought I was at my happiest when I was playing that. I love my mom.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Violin to UK Grade 6 standard and most variations of the recorder family ... I have a thing about medieval music :bigsmile:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Saxophone.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've played drums, guitar, piano, and sing...A LOT!
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Currently:
    Vocals - singing, death metal screaming, and rocker growls :)

In the past:
    Cello
    Viola
    Violin
    keyboard
    bass
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Currently:
    Vocals - singing, death metal screaming, and rocker growls :)

In the past:
    Cello
    Viola
    Violin
    keyboard
    bass

I want to learn cello! Alejandro Escovedo's celloist is awesome and makes me wanna play every time I see him. My son bought a bass off his friend, but hasn't touched it, so I think I might have to teach myself to play it. Just so it doesn't sit around gathering dust. :smile:
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've played drums, clarinet and the flute - none of which I currently play :)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Drums. I play a little piano and even less guitar.
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've played drums, clarinet and the flute - none of which I currently play :)

Aww. Too bad.

My list in chronological order from when I learned:
    Guitar (age 6)
    Baritone/euphonium (age 10)
    Trombone (age 12)
    Bass guitar/slap bass (age 14)
    The rest of the brass family (age 15)
    Piano (age 16; I made myself learn in order to be able to hammer out compositions for my AP music theory class more efficiently)
    Alto sax (age 16; most fun I've ever had at state)
    Marimba/xylo/etc. (age 17; I was a section leader for marching band and got unlimited access to everything, and I was 'friendly' with a pit player, who taught me how to hold a stick. LOL)
    Flute (age 18; college boredom near the band hall)
    Ukulele (age 19)
    Cymbals (age 20; because if you're chummy with someone on the drumline, and you laugh at him when he says it's difficult to make the crashes 'fluffy,' he WILL challenge you to learn)

Out of all of those, I don't play most of them regularly. Especially since going into nursing school and dropping music. BUT I still regularly play my acoustic/electric/bass guitars, and my trombone for jazz. And the piano for composing. lol. But I blow at the piano. I'm actually fairly good at the others.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Acoustic guitar...
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, and The Piano
  • iLuvJohnny
    iLuvJohnny Posts: 51
    Options
    I play violin! :smile:
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I play the cello, I think it was 6th grade when I gave the alto sax a go for school band, but ended up taking track instead.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I use to play Clarinet, I still play Piano and I enjoy singing.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The Piano!!:) Although I no longer have access to one so its been awhile since I have played:)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, trumpet, violin, keyboard, bass, and guitar. Today, nothing. :(
  • c_wall87
    c_wall87 Posts: 18
    Options
    banjo.....let the jokes comence
    jazz trumpet
    guitar