Marriage & meals

Options
1235»

Replies

• ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    We have a "non" traditional house in that I work and he stays at home... but dang... talk about some retro attitudes in this thread.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Nope. I do all the shopping and cooking. He doesn't care as long as there's dinner on the table at the end of the day!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    yup yup yup we do it together go thru everything see what we need. as long as he has popcorn he is good. LOL which is fine by me too! Sometimes I'll let him go it alone but then I spend extra time going back to the store. LOL
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a house husband. He does all of the cooking and shopping as he doesn't work outside the home.

He is a great cook and makes the most awesome lentil and curry soups, among other tasty and healthy foods.

We get an organic veggie box each week and he is great at making meals from each weeks contents.

The issue we have is now that I'm learning about proper portion sizes, he's learning he doesn't need to make so much for me anymore.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    What I do is make the initial list and then hand it to him to see if he has anything to add... like something I forgot or something specific that he wants or thinks that the kids would want. I do 100% of the shopping and 99% of the cooking, which I do like. It seems to me that when he goes to the grocery store, we spend waaaay more money than I would have, lol. :)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am lucky to have a husband who helps out. I am somewhat disabled and he does all the laundry since it is in the basement and I can't handle the stairs much. He takes care of the garbage and helps me clean up. Cooking is my thing because I enjoy it and I am a better cook than him LOL. He does grill for us though. I am also a couponer so I plan my meals around what is on sale. He comes to the store with me mainly to help lift the bags since I can't. I do try to be fair and I plan my meals around family friendly foods that are modified to be lower calorie. That way everyone is happy and mom can stay on a diet ;) I do notice that more junk food makes it in to the cart when he comes with me though. I guess it's the price I have to pay to have help, and company. We are best friends and have been together for 17 years <3
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    We have a "non" traditional house in that I work and he stays at home... but dang... talk about some retro attitudes in this thread.

That's ok though. Everyone prefers their house to run a different way. I really like our "traditional" style but it hasn't always been this way, either. My husband was a stay at home dad for 3 years while I worked and he went to school. That was fine, too. However, I'm happy to be back to micro-managing the house. :)