Religon & fitness?

Options

Replies

• Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think it's a fair thing to seek out - if you think about it, some religions have specified foods they cannot eat or specific holidays that restrict foods during times etc.

so, why not have people that immediately understand your background and why and when you'd be eating certain foods...
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed a lot of this going on, but I have checked for any groups set up for my faith, and watched for any others who are obviously of my faith. So far I haven't added anyone based on it. But my religion affects:

- some of my dietary choices
    - my chosen lifestyle
    - religious fast days
    - not working out on the Sabbath

And of course certain shared values, challenges in "feast" environments, social issues, etc.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think it's completely relevant. A lot of times different religions have times where they fast, give up food, or even have strict guidelines on what activities they can do when. This site is for support, and if I can help another catholic get through lent without meat, I will.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    LOL and I thought this was going to another thread about my people not being good at sports.
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @ 3dogs - i agree, i think everyone is misunderstanding. I also think some people are being offended. It was a question out of curiosity, i was in no way trying to offend anyone! :( i hope people can understand that.

People take me too seriously because my arms are crossed.

I get defensive when people have better muscles than me. :sad:
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    People should be free to add whomever they please!!! It's not my business.
  • surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Newflash! There is not such thing as an atheist! :-)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    WTF does "fair" mean with regard to people choosing their friends? Why would you want a friend that didn't like you because of your religion or lack thereof?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i posted a thread asking for atheist/agnostic/pagan friends as a test. got 1 request.

from what i can see, christians like to add people, us heathens don't.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Newflash! There is not such thing as an atheist! :-)

I see what you did there.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I mean I'm a christian and i tend to add other christians. I also have lost over 50 lbs. so i add others who have too. I live in the south. I add people who live in the south. I workout with a trainer. I add people who do similar workouts.

So if a persons only common interest as mine is religion, then i guess thats why i added the person lol.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i am SHOCKED that this made it to three pages already.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    I add on anybody, I don't care for another persons religion.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am a christian but I will add people who are not. We are here for the same reason...fitness and weight loss. I am not gonna judge other people's beliefs.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I only add heathens. How else am I going to convert them!?!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I think it is a great idea for people to add those who have similar beliefs. It helps build their support group and when they have something in common that is such an integral part of their life it can really help them stay on track.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    WTF does "fair" mean with regard to people choosing their friends? Why would you want a friend that didn't like you because of your religion or lack thereof?

Why are you so defensive? I didnt know what word to use hence i said "or whatever word"
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly ok for anyone to add anyone for ANY reason. If you wanted only friends with webbed toes, that's your prerogative.

HAHA now I got the Bobby Brown song stuck in my head!

Oh my goodness am I tired. For a second I was thinking, "does Bobby Brown have webbed toes?"
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't see why it should matter. I can deal with the folks who say "have a blessed day" and all that but if someone really started pushing their beliefs on me then it might be a deal breaker. I love debating but it should not be to focus of any relationship.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @ 3dogs - i agree, i think everyone is misunderstanding. I also think some people are being offended. It was a question out of curiosity, i was in no way trying to offend anyone! :( i hope people can understand that.

People take me too seriously because my arms are crossed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Getting a lot of unexpected laughs from the threads on here today :D