Do you workout every single day?

Options

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I used to work out 6 days a week. I felt overtrained after awhile. Now, I only workout 4 days and have more energy. Everyone's different though - whatever works for you.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    every.single.day

maybe one day off in three weeks ...

I'm the same. I exercise almost every day, even on vacation, my birthday, national holidays. Its a very rare day that I don't get in some form of exercise, or maybe several of the following: Jazzercise, Tai Chi, strength training, walking, swimming, yoga, or bicycling. (and I am 62 years old).
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I work out 3 days a week.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I've meant to as they aren't too strenuous... I missed today and yesterday and the scale shows it!

:sad:

:P
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, working out every single day is not good in the long term.
    You will eventually crash and burn probably with injuries becoming more likely the longer you do it. If you really feel compelled to do some sort of routine then choose a couple of easy days instead such as walking or yoga.
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I should just live at the gym.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my arms/shoulders are really sore. today i just danced around and jumped on the trampoline.
    i usually do 30day shred everyday but i'm too sore!
  • queen220
    queen220 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Generally a couple times a day. On Weds. I have 3 hrs. of workouts. Counting the lawn mowing yesterday, which is a good workout when you don't have self propelled, you can burn a lot of calories.
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Depends on how long your workout sessions are. Many people including myself workout basically everyday. Of course though, there's always that day where you have other things to do or something comes up, which usually becomes my rest day. If you workout everyday, just make sure you have enough rest time. Don't try to workout 3 hours everyday and not expect to feel fatigued, weak, etc.
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    If youre doing body building type exercise then yes of course take a break but also know you can break up your body into days. So do lower legs one day, upper thighs and glutes the next, lower back and abs, upper abs and shoulders, arms, etc. And then also just one day of cardio where you go swimming, biking, or for a nice walk after dinner when its cool outside. Keeping active is the idea, not working out.
  • sweet1ntx
    sweet1ntx Posts: 18
    Options
    It keeps me motivated...I walk 3-5 miles every day. I mix it up by alternating outside walking and the treadmill at home. I want to try running when I get at least 30 lbs off.
  • AnnieMae07
    AnnieMae07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym everyday. I do some type of cardio 7 days a week. I do stregth training workouts 5 days a week. I love it!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You should always have at least 1 rest day. I usually have 2 or 3.
  • mama2mila
    mama2mila Posts: 92
    Options
    6 days a week here; 3 zumba classes, and 3 days of strength training :)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i take a day off. i do p90x and it has 6 days on and the 7th day is a rest day or you can elect to do "x stretch". i rest... LOL
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did for awhile but found that I was so tired that I was not working out as hard as I had. I have been more successful by working out as hard as I possibly can 3 days a week and do a little cardio only on 2-3 days with at least one day of rest
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love to workout. It's my stress reliever! I do, however, try to take one rest day per week.
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I work out every day.
  • matmismel
    matmismel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think it entirely depends on the person. I try to get cardio in 6 days a week and strength only 2 days a week (obviously they overlap). That being said, my cardio varies in intensity. I find that if I go to hard, too many days in a row, my workouts don't feel as good. So I alternate what I do and have 3 different cardio routines that I go through.

On rest days, I try to make sure to eat less, because the scale certainly shows it if I eat like I am working out but am not actually working out.