Do you workout every single day?

Options

Replies

• StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yea, I do work out every single day. Thursdays and Sundays I don't go to the gym, but I do a 2 mile walk. Every other day I walk 2 miles and then go to the gym as well.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I listen to my body. If I am really tired, I take a day off. If I am not tired, I exercise. If I notice my workouts are suffering, I will take the next day off. Some times I work out 10 days in a row, other times I end up taking 2 or so days off in a week. Just learn to listen to your body, and let it tell you when to rest.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I work out 6days a week. But I alternate cardio and weights, sometimes I swim and on Sunday I go to Zumba =)
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I love working out (granted I work out via dance) so I usually do at least a 30 min workout every day :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    5-6 out of seven is my goal. 4 is my minimum.

That said: I either bike or walk (2.5 miles) to work and back each day of the week. So somethings usually happening then. And husband and I do something on the weekends usually. So there's "workouts" and then there's "active stuff".
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Usually make it about 5-6 days working out and 1-2 days of rest. I try to make sure at least 2 of those workouts include some strength training.
  • polehero
    polehero Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes !! i wake up eat a 200 or less calorie breakfast get my son his bottle and food throw everything i might need in the stroller and get out and run 4 to 5 miles ! it has helped me loose 10 pounds in a month and i had already lost 70 pounds previous to this !! just get up and jump start your metabolism everyday !! it doesnt matter if you switch it up or if its the same time everyday just make sure you get your body some sort of workout so it knows you mean business and it will react like never before !!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've only missed a handful of days in 2 years, was doing 3x/week before that. It's not ideal... but when you're addicted to the gym...its fine :)
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    I work out every single day, the only thing is different intensities. I dont go crazy everyday and workout 2 hours, I plan everything out so I have strength training/cardio days, yoga days, and days where I just walk, I love working out everyday and I definitely feel amazing.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    If your bodybuilding then I understand but I try to get a minimum of 4 days a week , five if I am serious.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been working out 6 days/week and I just stretch on Sunday's. (I'm about 24 days into P90X.)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Currently I run 3-4 times a week. Other days I walk (a bit) or stretch or do some strength training (though not lately I need to get back to it again).

I tried to at least walk every day last year when I was actively working to lose weight, but now I'm maintaining/slowly dropping the last few kg I have settled into something that I plan to keep up for the long term.
    Having had a few injuries along the way, I know that rest days are really important to give you muscles and joints a break and let them heal from the stress of exercising.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I usually do Zumba 3 times a week, and strength training 3 times a week with a little cardio. Sunday is a rest day.
  • kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I try to work out 5-6 days a week and take a day off. But with 3 little ones, FT school, and PT work theres no such thing as a day off LOL Theres always something going on :ohwell:
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    There is a growing body of evidence to suggest that you DO NOT have to rest 1 day a week like many people think. Research "Active Recovery" for more into. I will qualify that by saying the active recovery must be at a lower intensity. An example would be going for a walk, playing a less intense sport (golf comes to mind...), or the like.
  • lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I dont workout everyday but I at least try to walk everyday with weights. My knees arnt the greatist
  • monicasuze
    monicasuze Posts: 37
    Options
    Yes, I just do it. I feel weird when I don't workout. But if I really need a rest, I will rest.
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    6 days take off Friday
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    After 4 continuous days of working out, my body feels too exhausted and achy. So the 5th continuous day is usually a waste because I cannot workout effectively. I take a break after every 3 or 4 days depending on the intensity of the last workout.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i try to hit 6 days a week but 4 is my absolute minimum and on my rest days i usually try to still do something active, like walking or yoga.