Where are you on the global fat scale?

Options

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Fascinating site. Thanks! Here's where I started off:
    Obesity 29bmi

National - Below Average - You have a lower BMI than 56% of males aged 45-59 in your country

Global - Above average - You have a higher BMI than 80% of males aged 45-59 in the world

Did you know? If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 59,762,207 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Solomon Islands*
    * Compared with other males aged 45-59 in Solomon Islands

Here's where I am today:
    Obesity Index - 24bmi

National - Below average - You have a lower BMI than 84% of males aged 45-59 in your country

Global - Below average - You have a lower BMI than 52% of males aged 45-59 in the world

Did you know? If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 9,423,233 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Mauritania*
    * Compared with other males aged 45-59 in Mauritania

At my goal weight:
    Obesity Index - 24bmi

National - Below average - You have a lower BMI than 86% of males aged 45-59 in your country

Global - Below average - You have a lower BMI than 56% of males aged 45-59 in the world

Did you know? If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 3,830,013 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Angola*
    * Compared with other males aged 45-59 in Angola

If I add 0.3 pounds to my goal weight, I'm most like someone from Thailand. Since I'd rather go to Thailand than Angola, I'm going to say: Thailand, here I come!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    BMI 26, lower than 56% F my country, higher than 83% F in the world, I have the BMI of someone in Cyprus. So now I'm going to look up Cyprus.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Above average for my country of residence (Israel) with 55% of women having a lower BMI than me, but way below average for my country of origin (US), with 72% of women having a higher BMI than me.

That pretty much tracks with my observations. At least, it explains why Israelis ask me so often why Americans are so fat.
  • TheKoren
    TheKoren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jamaica? Really?
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    According to this I'm the fattest person in the whole wide world! Very depressing!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    lol, forgot to move it from kilos to lbs the first time and almost had a heart attack. Heheh.

Apparently I am above fat for my place, above fat globally... and I am most like someone from Samoa.. which sounds about right since I am tall and gigantic. And have awesome hair. The end.

You DO have amazing hair!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I'm most like someone from the Philippines.. I am lower than 83% females in the US and higher than 50% females globally. Or should I say lower than 50%? I like that way better. :)
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.

Me too! Apparently I am bigger than 97% of American woman and 100% bigger globally! Shouldn't have done this, I just lost another 5 pounds and this definitely knocked me down from being happy about it.
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    According to this, I am doing better than I thought I was! I am 88% smaller than my country and about 65% globally. I am most like and Afghanistan woman.......
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have a lower BMI than 82% of females aged 15-29 in the U.S. and I have a higher BMI than 52% of females aged 15-29 in the world. BOO. Most like someone from Malaysia! I can't even find that country on a map...
  • kathybro75
    kathybro75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am like somebody from Samoa.
    Obesity Index

32bmi
    BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is National
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 97% of females aged 30-44 in your country Global
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 93% of females aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 101,630,459 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population

This is not very nice. I'm very sorry I did this :sad:
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    This is where I started though:

Your numbers
    Obesity Index

51bmi
    BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is National
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 100% of females aged 15-29 in your country Global
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 100% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 324,092,048 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population You're most like someone from Tonga*
    * Compared with other females aged 15-29 in TongaShare your resultShare your result
    ShareFacebookTwitter
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.

Oh yeah. I hear ya on that one.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    You have a lower BMI than 88% of females aged 30-44 in your country. You have a lower BMI than 64% of females aged 30-44 in the world. You're most like someone from Somalia.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Lesotho? now, Cambodia at my goal weight
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    How can you calculate body fat percentage based on sex, age, height and weight. Complete rubbish! The BBC should know better.

No doubt! According to the BMI, I am overweight. I know I'm not skinny, but I don't think I'm overweight! What about muscle mass?
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    lol me too!!! i have more body fat than 100% that woman from 15-29 on both nationally and globaly :/ this is even worse than the bmi :sad:

Me too. Depressing much hey.
  • mommaPeach72
    Options
    I got Tonga...and that's all I'm gonna say about that
  • minimagic2700
    minimagic2700 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    BMI 26, I am below (lower than 58% females 15-29) Natiional Average (USA), but about Global Average, higher than 82% of females 15-29. Most like someone from Grenada...someone find me a map!

edit: Oh, Hey Caribbean Islands!
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I got:

82% less than my country
    52% less than the world

Most like people from Conga.