Where are you on the global fat scale?

Options

Replies

• MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    This is so cool! I'm from the States. I have a lower BMI than 84% of females aged 30-44 in my country and a lower BMI than 56% of females aged 30-44 in the world. If everyone in the world had the same BMI as me, it would remove 8,109,014 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population. I'm most like someone from Pakistan*.

* Compared with other females aged 30-44 in Pakistan.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You have a lower BMI than 95% of females aged 45-59 in your country. You have a lower BMI than 81% of females aged 45-59 in the world. If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 46,797,868 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population. You're most like someone from Nepal.

That's me now. Here's how I would have stacked up the year I graduated from high school:

You have a lower BMI than 87% of females aged 15-29 in your country. You have a lower BMI than 58% of females aged 15-29 in the world. If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 33,126,838 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population. You're most like someone from Kazakhstan.

Dang. I thought of myself as chubby in those days. Maybe I was for the time.

apparently we are both from kazakhstan but I would add tons to the world. See... BMI = CONSISTENT FAIL
  • clarionblu
    Options
    this was really helpful, i moved the numbers around from my current weight to my ideal weight and compared it to the folks from my country of origina and was very suprised to find that my ideal weight was still heavier than 50% of the people in my homeland. this does not make sense becuase the average person where im from is somewhat larger than my ideal weight. im from Ghana originally btw. :smile:
  • no_stemz
    no_stemz Posts: 47
    Options
    According to this I am the FATTEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

I hope I get some kind of prize.

ME TOO!!!!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Haiti! This was fun.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    According to the site, everyone needs to have a BMI of 174.8969125 in order to not add any weight to the population. Took me a while to get the BMI to run to zero tons (tonnes) added.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Your numbers Obesity Index
    24bmi

You have a lower BMI than 56% of females aged 15-29 in your country Global Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 65% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 394,943 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm below average nationally and above average globally. I'm most like someone from Spain. Ole!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am below average nationally and globally and have less body fat than 85% of the women in my age range in the U.S.A and 60% of the women in my age range globally. I am most like someone from Liberia.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Dammit, looks like I'm tied for the crown of Fattest Person on the Planet. I was hoping to get my own Discovery Health special! :mad:
  • lesliezhang
    Options
    BMI 18.
    You have a lower BMI than 95% of females aged 15-29 in your country.
    You have a lower BMI than 82% of females aged 15-29 in the world.
    You're most like someone from Vietnam.

:blushing:
  • macey333
    macey333 Posts: 42
    Options
    Well I am from Britain and I have an 88% lower BMI that most females in my age group and 66% lower globally! I think that made my day! I am most like someone from East Timor, which I now know to be a small state on a tiny island in South-East Asia (after a quick google) :D
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Yikes according to this I should just stop eating all together! LOL :sad:
  • nygirl777
    nygirl777 Posts: 35
    Options
    :sad: :cry: i guess im like those in trinidad so i should go be with my kind...lol
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.

No kidding, that was seriously depressing. I am heavier that 88% of Americans and 99% of females 30-44 around the world. FML.

And to think I was happy about losing 2 inches at the hips. I think I will go purge my lunch now, thanks. :sad:
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Higer than 99% in my country and 96 worldwide.... Looks like im moving to Tonga or Micronesia!!
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am most like someone from Ethiopia... haha
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm most like someone from Philippines. Yay for an Asian country! a lower BMI than 83% of females aged 15-29 in your country, not surprised since I come from the land of the fat! a higher BMI than 50% of females aged 15-29 in the world, boooo
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I got Tonga...and that's all I'm gonna say about that

I knew I'd get somewhere Polynesian or Micronesian.

But you can't be the fattest person in the world at 294, so there's an issue with their high range interpolation. I may be in the 99th percentile, but I'm not above 100% of the people in the world or U.S. (or even my home town!).
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    31 bmi

You have a higher BMI than 57% of females aged 30-44 in your country

You have a higher BMI than 89% of females aged 30-44 in the world

You're most like someone from Barbados*

SAD