What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Snacking from supper until bedtime.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Fast food, junk food and soda.
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    hard candy, tea, bigger size fries, soda.

hard candy = addiction

tea = its like my families water

bigger size fries = fries, i mean come on, they're delish

soda = too many calories, why drink it when i can eat it. :))
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say there have been no real sacrifices, apart from vast amounts of lazing about on the couch time and stopping that is no sacrifice. Food and drink wise if I want something I still have it because I am not on a diet as such.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Time with my kids...But I have recently started having them walk with me.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Soda [my beloved Pepsi], chinese food and cupcakes. I honestly still have some of them rarely but all in all, waaaay less than before I started watching my intake.
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ice cream! I love it, too much! I used to enjoy a big bowl with all the toppings far too often- like every day, if it was in the freezer. I still eat 'ice cream', but my husband and I make our own with stuff like almond milk or greek yogurt, or we make sorbet, and I only eat a little bit every once in a while. That makes it seems like a small sacrifice :-)
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    large portions, sweets, pizza, pop, eating out, fast food...lots of things .... can't seem to give up peanut butter and brown bread in the morning though...it would help a lot if i could...
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything... this is a life change for me not a diet. I just eat everything in smaller portions and in moderation now
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    As far as food...nothing. I still eat things, but I don't eat ALL of the things. I can have an Archway Rocky Road cookie...if I have the calories left. If I don't, then I eat it anyway and hope on the exercise bike for 10 minutes.

My biggest sacrifice is not playing video games all day and night anymore.
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    3 things come to mind: Alcohol, fast food, soda. And two years later, soda is the one I still have a hard time with. The first two I could care less about at this point.

Oh dear, I've been trying to give up Diet Coke for a month now and I was REALLY hoping that it would get easier. LOL. Oh well, at least this is realistic!!!!!
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have stopped soda completely. I used to eat those large cadbury bars. The roasted almond where my favorite.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I gave up fast food of all kinds, and cut back on processed food and try to eat clean whenever possible. But for the most part, with the exception of fast food, if I want it, I eat it. I just eat less of it! Working so far! :OD
  • katiewilliams7
    katiewilliams7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I havne't had any alcohol in 8 weeks or ice cream. I miss them but I was determined to reach a goal by my vacation next week, (which I did) so I will splurge a little then. :-)
  • leahrochelle
    leahrochelle Posts: 218
    Options
    soda... I used to have multiple in a day. havent had one in over 3 months and i dont at all miss it.

the big one is pasta. I still have it every once in a while. but it used to be an every other day (okay almost every day) sort of thing.
    I love italian anything... so pasta issss... well you get it.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Burgers, fast food, eating what I wanted when I wanted
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The big one for me is soda. I used to drink 3 cans at work per day, easily. One in the morning, one at lunch, another at the end of the day. Then, I would drink more when I got home or if we went out to eat (no telling how much I was drinking). Plus, I was drinking coffee daily. I have completely eliminated soda. I had to wean myself off the caffeine slowly to avoid crushing headaches. So, I did continue to drink coffee every day until I could get it down to a tiny cup. Now, I don't drink any coffee either. I'm not completely against it though. It was more a challenge to myself to see I could do it. I just find that I don't really miss it. I'm drinking a lot more water these days. Other than not drinking my calories any more, I haven't given up much. More than anything, I've just cut down on portion sizes and incorporated more fruits and veggies.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    gave up carbs,. but its not a sacrifice. i feel better without them. good riddance!
  • biscuitfail
    Options
    I would drink close to 5 or 6 soda's a day. I dont even want to fathom the amount of sugar or caffeine I was getting.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sugar/honey in my tea. Have learned to love it that way though.

What I do miss is eating mindlessly (how sad is that?), like just eating chips out of the bag without counting. But I know that was my biggest problem before- portion size- and that's where I truly need to pay attention. Now that I know much more about calories, macros and nutrition in general, it's hard to live like that because deep down you *know* what you're eating. That's why it's a lifestyle change and not a diet joining MFP :) That being said, I actually enjoy measuring foods when cooking...strange.