What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• andre_Benjamin
    andre_Benjamin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Junk food including coke
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have given up a lot but I don't miss them.
    Pasta, high carb breads and rolls, ice cream, desserts.

But the crazy thing I miss the most is cheese. I found out that when I eat cheese my stomache does backflips and I look 6 months pregnant. I miss cheese especially laughing cow cheese :sad:
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Like others I haven't given up anything. I just don't eat as much. But then maybe that is why I haven't really lost anything... hmmm. somehting to think about :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts, Dairy Queen, and chocolate muffins with chocolate chips.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I've given up a lot of foods and either substituted them with healthy alternatives or just eliminated them. So far it hasn't been a sacrifice because I realize now that those foods were making me sick.

I've cut down my processed foods by about 90%. I eat as low sodium as possible and no sugar unless it's a teaspoon of honey now and then.

If this is what I need to do to keep migraines, acid reflux and irregular energy levels at bay, heck no it's not a sacrifice.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Junk food including coke

Oh! I forgot to say Coke! That was my staple drink for breakfast and lunch. I haven't had any since I started. I don't miss it because I feel so much better!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Fast food- the cerial killer of skinny jeans. I cant eat that. I try on my free day (once a month) but its like colon cleanser now, and besides my eyes are bigger than my stomach:yawn:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have sacrificed peanut butter. LOL!

and lazing around time. Because I exercise frequently I have little time to just sit/lay around anymore!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A diet is a life choice not life sentence so don't punish yourself.

I love this. I agree. I just said to a friend last night, that I am making choices. If I have my favorite turkey club from a local restaurant I am not going to eat the funnel fries or the special soda "a set up" (which is Sundrop, Cherry Fanta and cherries). I have not done well in the past when I felt deprived.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fast food, chips and I try not to go out to movies anymore lol. That sounds sill but I'm always afraid I'll cave and get the popcors...with the extra butter...AND some chocolate.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Wheat and products containing wheat. I bloat up horribly from them. I don't miss them when I'm on track but when I dare have some and bloat up 5-7lbs overnight I really appreciate the sacrifice even more!
  • michaeltoye
    Options
    Like many others I expect, I've given up the thoughtlessness and ignorance related to diet; eating what ever I wanted and whenever with no regard to nutritional value or quantity.

An example saturday might be,

breakfast: a couple of slices of toast with butter and peanut butter and a coffee with milk and sugar
    lunch: i might make chicken fajitas, but i'll eat 3 or 4 with the soured cream, guacamole, cheese, etc.
    steady stream of snacking on cake or cookies or chocolate through the afternoon and into the evening. and of course normal coke.

god knows what calories i consumed, but I miss the not thinking about food and the never being hungry.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I gave up milk chocolate and eat small amounts of 72% dark instead, pretty much stopped eating whole wheat wraps (and was not eating much bread products anyway). I've now managed to stop having coffee yogurt.

I was eating very small amounts of take out food, like one slice of pizza every 2 or 3 weeks, or a falafel once a month, I stopped 2 months ago but I was craving some yesterday and managed to drive by and not stop.

I should cut out cheese - but at this point its too hard.

Mostly I just monitor portions and eat one serving when my kids eat 3.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have given up literally nothing in my weightloss. I am more conscious, but I haven't said "No, I cannot ever have that." It would never work for me if I did something like that.
  • seardefilip
    Options
    time- but it's totally worth it
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    Mashed potatoes. I'd make them with cream cheese and evaporated milk, along with some margarine and seasonings. So, obviously not something you can have more than a bite of. So hard to stop at one bite! I haven't had mashed potatoes in three months.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. The only thing I changed was upping my workout intensity, and I drink more water.
  • dublythe
    dublythe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nachos. I used to live off nachos. They were a food group. Nowadays they are considered a treat only to be consumed after planning for the indulgence.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any foods just everything in moderation or making sure I account for the calories to meet my daily goal.
  • mmtrnr
    mmtrnr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nothing.