Question for the Men

Options
Chain of Events...

1. Pre-children, hot body, pretty, boyfriend can't keep his hands off
2. Marriage, kids, body changed
3. Still the same woman, just with more weight, same man turns me down all the time
4. Losing weight, not completely back to the hot body but obvious progress has been made, he's still not interested

Since everything about me is the same except my body, am I correct in assuming my body caused his disinterest?

Note: It won't hurt my feelings

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    you can't tell your personality changes. someone else notices.
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Try lots and lots of oral.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Is he depressed? This same thing happened with my EX husband.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    What time frame is involved? years I assume? A man at 25 compared to 40 might be a bit different regardless of your looks.

Also, how has his fitness level changed during the same time period?

-- Sorry just saw your age on your profile, if he's near your same age I guess my first point isn't too valid...

Maybe something else... Ask him what he wants.... Not everyone can express whats missing without a little prompting...
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    What time frame is involved? years I assume? A man at 25 compared to 40 might be a bit different regardless of your looks.

Also, how has his fitness level changed during the same time period?

5 years. He's still thin and toned.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm female but I've had experience with this so I'm going to ask a question. Does he just not initiate? If you initiate, will he shut you down?

My husband was turned off a bit by my weight gain but I noticed as I began losing he still wasn't initiating that much. Then I decided to kink things up in the bedroom and he's been on board ever since. I would say if he doesn't shut you down then try initiating and do something different than usual. If he does shut you down then I think it's time to have a serious heart to heart talk and perhaps seek some counseling if you can't resolve it on your own. No shame in that.
  • Fit2morrow
    Fit2morrow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've never experienced anything like that in my relationship with my wife, regardless changes over our 21 years of marriage, but I know that stress can play a major factor. If he's having employment difficulties or is worried about family, work, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if the physical side becomes strained. I would guess it has more to do with something about him than anything you have done or any changes in your body.

We've found over the years that doing something significant for a temporary change can really help. Maybe take a 3 or 4 day long weekend, go camping and just talk, hit the beach, or treat yourselves to a mini-spa experience where you can just relax and enjoy time together talking. Something to re-kindle the spark and relieve the tension or stress perhaps?
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm female but I've had experience with this so I'm going to ask a question. Does he just not initiate? If you initiate, will he shut you down?

Great question. A lot of things could be going on here. If you were shutting him down for a period of time or rejecting him he might have the impression that he's just annoying you. You might need to let him know that you're interested if he has the impression that it's not a big deal to you. Communication is everything.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't immediately say it's just because of your body. There's a lot of factors that can be in play here.

I mean, I personally don't get it. You're a married man, and have a woman who's willing to give it up on a regular basis, why are you not taking advantage of that? lol
  • HulaHips83
    Options

My husband was turned off a bit by my weight gain but I noticed as I began losing he still wasn't initiating that much. Then I decided to kink things up in the bedroom and he's been on board ever since. I would say if he doesn't shut you down then try initiating and do something different than usual. If he does shut you down then I think it's time to have a serious heart to heart talk and perhaps seek some counseling if you can't resolve it on your own. No shame in that.

It's a bit of both. He doesn't initiate. I was initiating and stopped a while back because my self esteem can only take so many rejections.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're experiencing this! I'm not married and don't have any children, but have friends who have their own families with babies. Of course the body goes through changes and the point of a relationship is to love one another and support each other through various stages. I don't believe you should be penalized for having children and then for your body going through changes. I wish you didn't have to deal with this.
  • HulaHips83
    Options

Great question. A lot of things could be going on here. If you were shutting him down for a period of time or rejecting him he might have the impression that he's just annoying you. You might need to let him know that you're interested if he has the impression that it's not a big deal to you. Communication is everything.

Oh he knows. I've NEVER told him "no" a single time. When I tried to talk to him, he said I was putting pressure on him.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Duh, hes cheating
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    You seem way to young for this to be happening. You should discuss it with him.

I'm 58 this month and we celebrate our 20 year anniversary next month and my wife still takes my breath away when she enters a room.
  • rbjcksn
    rbjcksn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread. Imo, change for yourself and nobody else. If your happy with your figure why change it to please a man ?
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Chain of Events...

1. Pre-children, hot body, pretty, boyfriend can't keep his hands off
    2. Marriage, kids, body changed
    3. Still the same woman, just with more weight, same man turns me down all the time
    4. Losing weight, not completely back to the hot body but obvious progress has been made, he's still not interested

Since everything about me is the same except my body, am I correct in assuming my body caused his disinterest?

Note: It won't hurt my feelings

Maybe it's not you, it's him.
  • Darrell916
    Darrell916 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's you. Maybe he is stressed or maybe depressed. I know when I went through depression, before I got medication for it I didn't want to do anything or wasn't interested in my wife.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try lots and lots of oral.

This. And cook him a meal.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Say no a few times

We always want what we can;t have, FACT.

Dress up a little more in the bedroom department, not crotchless panties, maybe just something he wouldn;t be use to seeing you in, to arouse his interest and don;t offer it

Do that for a few weeks and he'll be begging
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    You seem way to young for this to be happening. You should discuss it with him.

I'm 58 this month and we celebrate our 20 year anniversary next month and my wife still takes my breath away when she enters a room.

She keeps catching you at yourself yeah? I knwo the feelign brother lol