Lululemon Worth the $$$? Love it? Hate it?

Options
1235»

Replies

• 2princes
    2princes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm from Vancouver, So lulu is part of the daily wear here...lol The quality is good and I would say I think the men's line is even better than the ladies. You get what you pay for, it lasts a super long time if you wash it right, if you buy the cheap stuff it getts the fuzzy balls quicker and fades and stretches easier...

I am from Victoria BC and EVERYONE has/wears it :) I absolutely love the clothes there. I have everything, shorts, tanks, pants, hoodies, headbands - it is very expensive and I usually buy it with giftcards people get me for birthdays but I have stuff from years ago that still looks new. I feel comfortable running and working out in their attire cause it's so flattering!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The very first Lulu store opened up down the street from me many years ago (10-15 I'd say at this point). The stuff really does last. I have a few items that are about 10 years old and still look good. The only Lulu clothes that have "worn out" are two hoodies that I wore ALL THE TIME for many years. Even then they didn't look too bad. It has gotten pricier in the last few years than it used to be, 'm assuming due to the popularity, but I havenm't found any that fit as well/last as long. I tried on some from Reitman's and I took them right off and went over to Lulu because they didn't compare at all. If I had more money I'd buy a lot more, but I'd say that 80% of my workout gear is Lulu and I wear it casually as well.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    lululemon is the ONLY thing I sweat in. :smile:
  • runneryogi
    Options
    LOVE lulu's design, but their quality HAS gone down. I would definitely suggest going into a store and trying on any pants you're considering. The wunder unders in particular have been having a huge sheerness problem. I would say every 6 out of 10 has an issue with being see through. That being said, if you can find yourself a nice pair (they're made in Canada and a bunch of other asian countries so there's variance), you'll be in love. I would also say that you should check out Lucy--their material is a nylon/spandex mix like Lulu's and they're just as nice (without worrying about sheerness!). They may be just as expensive, but their sales are a lot better than Lulu's. I've also heard that Nordstrom's Zella brand is really nice but I haven't had a chance to test that yet. They're a lot cheaper than Lulu or Lucy.