What's in your salad?

Options
1235»

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My salad last nigh had Cucumbers, Fresh corn, Grape Tomatoes, Avocados, Purple Onion, & Cilantro, the it was tossed in 1/2 tbs EVOO, 1/2 tbs honey, 1tbs lime juice, and S&P to taste.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Today's salad is black beans, corn, diced onions, green and orange bell pepper, and chopped garlic and cilantro, tossed with a little red wine vinegar, EVOO, and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.

Whatever is left, I plan to do a quick stir fry with a little chicken and taco seasining, and serve with rice.
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Our staples are:
    spring mix
    cucumbers
    peppers (red, yellow, or orange)
    celery (for crunch)
    tomatoes
    For protein: grilled or rotisserie chicken, tuna or salmon (for my husband- I don't like fish), pinto or kidney beans

Other items depending of availability and how many calories left: frozen peas, broccoli, hard boiled egg, cheese, craisins & walnuts.

I usually use Wishbone Robusto Italian dressing or Ken's raspberry walnut vinaigrette.

If I eat salad at a restaurant I get the dressing on the side and just dip my fork to just get the flavor without eating too much dressing.
  • nomoreFA
    nomoreFA Posts: 40
    Options
    Grilled diced chicken breast, pepperoncinis & onions with melted Provolone cheese served warm on a bed of lettuce with 1 T of low fat Bleu cheese dressing ... a low carb favorite!

Lettuce, grilled chicken, goat cheese, blueberries, strawberries, with low fat Poppyseed dressing. I buy it at Super Target.

Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, salmon cooked in Balsemic vinegar. No dressing needed.
  • nomoreFA
    nomoreFA Posts: 40
    Options
    I have 2 favorites:

Buffalo Blue Cheese: baby spinach, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumbers, blue cheese and portabello mushrooms sauteed in buffalo sauce

Harvest Salad: Spring mix and arugala, feta cheese, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, apples, mandarin oranges and balsamic vinegar

I'm definately going to try your Buffalo Blue Cheese salad. Yum! :happy:
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Spinach
    Grilled Chicken
    Tomatoes
    Dried Craisins
    Fruit of any kind (mandarin oranges, grapes and my new favorite: strawberries)
    Walnuts
    Possibly some feta or other really tasty cheese
    Raspberry Vinaigrette