Question for the men and successful women!

I just have a quick question for all the men out there. Why is it so intimidating when you have a successful, driven and ambitious women? It seems that a lot of men just seem to Run and run FAST! lol Is it so bad that a woman is driven, successful, driven and independent? Maybe I'm modern, but I would think it would be a turn on to most! And on top of that it seems that if a man is into his career, it is okay. But as soon as a woman as into her career she is "egotistical" and is in "her small world". Seems to be a double standard. Do any other women feel this way?

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    I just have a quick question for all the men out there. Why is it so intimidating when you have a successful, driven and ambitious women? It seems that a lot of men just seem to Run and run FAST! lol Is it so bad that a woman is driven, successful, driven and independent? Maybe I'm modern, but I would think it would be a turn on to most! And on top of that it seems that if a man is into his career, it is okay. But as soon as a woman as into her career she is "egotistical" and is in "her small world". Seems to be a double standard. Do any other women feel this way?
    It's not intimidating. You are painting a lot of men out to be this shallow with a pretty broad brush.
  • I just have a quick question for all the men out there. Why is it so intimidating when you have a successful, driven and ambitious women? It seems that a lot of men just seem to Run and run FAST! lol Is it so bad that a woman is driven, successful, driven and independent? Maybe I'm modern, but I would think it would be a turn on to most! And on top of that it seems that if a man is into his career, it is okay. But as soon as a woman as into her career she is "egotistical" and is in "her small world". Seems to be a double standard. Do any other women feel this way?
    It's not intimidating. You are painting a lot of men out to be this shallow with a pretty broad brush.

I did not and was not implying that all men do this. I was simply just asking why it is intimidating, and was wanting a man's point of view. So I do apologize if it came off that way, but that is not at all what I was saying.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    I imagine the men who find it intimidating are just insecure. If those type of men are scared off then it's better for everyone concerned!
  • I imagine the men who find it intimidating are just insecure. If those type of men are scared off then it's better for everyone concerned!

Agreed!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    More money the wife makes, the less I'm under pressure.

I'M FINE WITH IT!!!!
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Nope... come to me sugar mama anytime!!!!..
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Nope... come to me sugar mama anytime!!!!..

this.

Maybe some broke deadbeat guys find it intimidating.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    I think my success and goals actually attract men to me.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member

Yup ^ same here! :)
  • F__7

Well hello... how ya' doing?.. what's your name?..
  • F__7

Yup ^ same here! :)

Ohhh..Aummm.. hello there!..
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253

Well hello... how ya' doing?.. what's your name?..

Lol.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member

It's not , in this oversimplification it's other negative factors which are amplified more than they normally would be (sometimes these factors are not noticed at all until further down the line.) Comparisons of double standards in themselves don't make sense in the first place: so it's not logical to present that something is a bad double standard because another group does not have it; the deemed roles of individuals can vary without them being bad double standards.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    I think women who talk about how "successful", ambitious, independent and driven they are IS the turn off. You don't have to prove anything. When YOU are the one making that an issue, it can be a turnoff. And it's not because of those things as much as it is the attitude of some of these women.
  • tauranheart
    tauranheart Posts: 9 Member
    If you can be successful and ambitious without needing to be constantly recognized for it, it's sexy.

If you need people to be constantly aware of your success and shower you in praise, it's annoying.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Yuppp. I intimidate most men my age. I dont want them anyway lol
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    I would never say these things about "men" but I would say them about "society".

I hate that a woman is called a "career woman" but a man is never called a "career man". It is not questioned even a little bit if a man can have both a career and a family, but it is definitely questioned whether or not a woman can.

I fear that I will be virtually unhirable when I graduate from law school at age 33 with no children. People will hesitate to hire me because they will assume that I will be pregnant within a year. They would NEVER question hiring a 33 year old child-free man.

Sigh.

But I have no beef with men. I disagree that all men are threatened by successful women. Gross generalization.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    A lot of women DO expect their men to be more successful, driven and ambitious than they are.

So if that's the experience men have had, of course they are going to be 'intimidated' when they find that's not the case.

However, as far as double standards go; I'd say it's more likely to be the women that have them - and I believe this has been shown to be the case in the 'real world' too.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    odd bump is odd
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    I love strong independent women, they are the best.