Question for the men and successful women!

Replies

• kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    I don't think men are intimidated by successful women. Women just need to be women when at home and not try to be the same business minded person they are at work.
    that's misogynistic

Guess I'm going to offend a lot of women, lol

ETA: Men are typically the decision making energy in a relationship. If both are trying to do all the decision making it is going to cause problems. This is not to say a woman's opinion doesn't matter, I do think negotiation is good. I'm probably digging a hole, but I don't care.
    My family is full of powerful independent women, in my house my mother makes all the big decision and my father even though was raised in "Mexican Macho" type of family has learned that he should accept any decision made by my mom as she is always the smartest and the one who can really see what's best for all of us.

So I think Women should stand taller and make the decisions as men usually lack the instinct to do what is best for all. Yes I know I am a guy but I am not just a normal guy, I was raised by an extraordinary mom and can only aim to be Extraordinary.

aww
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Well...this thread just got more interesting...in a meta sort of way.

In for the inevitable entertainment.
  • kmorg22
    I think it just how its done.... a smart woman makes the decisions and runs the house while her man thinks its really him. :)
  • Old thread is old. Lame.

Oooh but read WHY it was resurrected!

Yup!!! *grabs popcorn*
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Old thread is old. Lame.

Touche.

*grabs a big ol' bucket of popcorn*
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    I don't think men are intimidated by successful women. Women just need to be women when at home and not try to be the same business minded person they are at work.

Your opinion is so cute. Now, go cook something.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Cause women get big heads when they get sucessful and expect everybody to bow in front of them. And thats also annoying. And only loser will put up with that.

I have a great job, but the job doesnt make me who I am. Period
    This! Because if you have to have a big brouhaha made over your success and income, it's annoying. That feeling of entitlement to the acknowledgement of your awesomeness then bleeds over into your personal relationships and all aspects of personal interaction...you just haven't realized it does this, and does so--from the nature of your question--negatively.
  • jofjltncb6
    I wish people would stop posting about off-topic stuff like "success" and "income" and "intimidation" and stick to the new meaning of this post.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    lUWhu.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Old thread is old. Lame.

I'm stumped.

I never pay any attention to the dates, but I went back to look and am clueless. :ohwell:

eta- Okay, after some detective work, I have a small clue, but that's it. :laugh:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    This will not scare MEN, it scares Boys :)

OR men with small wee wee's.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

Your opinion is so cute. Now, go cook something.

Where_a6981a_2921636.jpg
  • kmorg22
    I wish people would stop posting about off-topic stuff like "success" and "income" and "intimidation" and stick to the new meaning of this post.

dont think anyone realized the new meaning. but my opinion of the new meaning..... chic living in the past. lol I've never known a woman get turned down these days over fear of having a kid. Hell I've been hired while pregnant. Seriously come to the future.....
  • kmorg22
    This will not scare MEN, it scares Boys :)

OR men with small wee wee's.

true :drinker:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    Here is a thought. When I was 123 lbs heavier my husband didn't pay me much attention, he didn't care when I went out, didn't care much or at least didn't act as if he cared. Didn't mean he didn't care, and I know he loved me just things seemed to change. I lost weight, he gained weight, now he sees the attention I get from other men and he is scared that I'm going to leave him so I just recently got him to shut up over the "Are you going to leave me" He is scared I'm going to leave him for someone else. Maybe other guys are scared so they run because they deep down don't think they are worthy?

My husband also thinks that since he didn't show me attention like he does now before that I'm going to leave him. I told him that he was with me before I lost weight and during the process, he loves me for me not just for my looks, plus he is partly trained why do I wanna train another? LOL!
  • jofjltncb6

dont think anyone realized the new meaning. but my opinion of the new meaning..... chic living in the past. lol I've never known a woman get turned down these days over fear of having a kid. Hell I've been hired while pregnant. Seriously come to the future.....

You misunderstood...(but admittedly was not your fault at all as I was incredibly (and intentionally) vague.

The short explanation is that this post was referenced in a different post. Unfortunately, that post has been mod locked, so...

...well, I'm not sure what that means for this thread.

*shrug*
  • kmorg22

You misunderstood...(but admittedly was not your fault at all as I was incredibly (and intentionally) vague.

The short explanation is that this post was referenced in a different post. Unfortunately, that post has been mod locked, so...

*shrug*

ooooooooo... gotcha
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    I don't know either, jof, but I'm in to see what becomes of it:

LaV7B.gif
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    I think that many professionally successful men prefer women who are NOT driven to do much but look good...see Donald Trump's choices. Those who like women with money, ftoen don't have much. How unfortunate.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member

*shrug*

You mean this thread started off saying it was one thing but may very well end up being something completely different?