Question for the men and successful women!

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Old thread is old. Lame.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Old thread is old. Lame.

Oooh but read WHY it was resurrected!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    My wife and I are both successful, but have each experienced less successful times individually. Who has been the top breadwinner has gone back and forth as we have both progressed in our careers.

It's never been a point of discussion, because the only focus is on us, as a team, and our goals together.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Independent women aren't paleo
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    My wife is a successful stand up comedian. She earns more than me per hour and she thinks so fast she runs circles around me in any argument or discussion. I think it's awesome.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    I don't think men are intimidated by successful women. Women just need to be women when at home and not try to be the same business minded person they are at work.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    I don't think men are intimidated by successful women. Women just need to be women when at home and not try to be the same business minded person they are at work.
    that's misogynistic
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member

Would you say the same thing about a man?
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    that's misogynistic

Guess I'm going to offend a lot of women, lol

ETA: Men are typically the decision making energy in a relationship. If both are trying to do all the decision making it is going to cause problems. This is not to say a woman's opinion doesn't matter, I do think negotiation is good. I'm probably digging a hole, but I don't care.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    I just have a quick question for all the men out there. Why is it so intimidating when you have a successful, driven and ambitious women? It seems that a lot of men just seem to Run and run FAST! lol Is it so bad that a woman is driven, successful, driven and independent? Maybe I'm modern, but I would think it would be a turn on to most! And on top of that it seems that if a man is into his career, it is okay. But as soon as a woman as into her career she is "egotistical" and is in "her small world". Seems to be a double standard. Do any other women feel this way?

It's not intimidating, I'd love to meet ambitious women but there are not many here.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I imagine the men who find it intimidating are just insecure. If those type of men are scared off then it's better for everyone concerned!

No doubt!

OP, if you run across a man who is intimidated by you, then walk away. There are better men out there!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Why is it men.......and successful women....Some of us men are successful :sad:
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Hi, I'm Eric. Marry me?
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    My ambitions and job title and paycheck attracts alot of bums..... lol seriously. dudes quick with the "I love you" when they hear what I do.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

Would you say the same thing about a man?

Yes, everyone needs to leave their work at work and be kind and loving at home, man or woman.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    never mind
  • Does the OP even post on mfp anymore? Looks like it was just a lame drive-by.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    that's misogynistic

ETA: Men are typically the decision making energy in a relationship. If both are trying to do all the decision making it is going to cause problems. This is not to say a woman's opinion doesn't matter, I do think negotiation is good. I'm probably digging a hole, but I don't care.
    My family is full of powerful independent women, in my house my mother makes all the big decision and my father even though was raised in "Mexican Macho" type of family has learned that he should accept any decision made by my mom as she is always the smartest and the one who can really see what's best for all of us.

So I think Women should stand taller and make the decisions as men usually lack the instinct to do what is best for all. Yes I know I am a guy but I am not just a normal guy, I was raised by an extraordinary mom and can only aim to be Extraordinary.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    that's misogynistic

I get where you coming from..... and somewhat agree. It kinda along the lines of that old saying "classy in the streets, slutty in the sheets" <-- same idea. but personally I could never stop working....I enjoy it a lot.....but I am or was different when I wnet home to my husband. At home I was the typical house wife taking care of everything and him. He was pampered and spoiled. I personally enjoyed it all until he took advantage of it. and rather than seeing it as something I did out of love he began mandating it and getting violent when I didnt do what I was told.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Because men have it in their DNA to be master and protector and to feel needed. When the woman infringes too much on that, what's the point?