Where are you on the global fat scale? INTERESTING!!!

Options
OK, I TOTALLY DIDN'T MEAN FOR THIS TO ME DEMORALIZING!!! I just wanted people to know that just by being here, and trying to change - YOU ARE AMAZING. You are making the change. You might have a high BMI or whatever now - but you're working to get healthy and better. AND YOU WILL!

I thought this was a really interesting and eye opening article!! I thought it was cool when I did my current numbers, but was really inspired by my past numbers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18781786

NOW:
Obesity Index: My BMI is 26
National: Below Average. You have a lower BMI than 72% of females aged 30-44 in your country
Global: Above Average. You have a higher BMI than 63% of females aged 30-44 in the world.

Did you know?
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 24,704,410 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population.

You're most like someone from Croatia (Compared with other females aged 30-44 in Croatia)

WHEN I STARTED (I started losing in December of last year, then started MFP in Feb. My highest was 175)
Obesity Index: BMI was 32
National: Above Average. You have a higher BMI than 66% of females aged 30-44 in your country.
Global: Above Average. You have a higher BMI than 93% of females aged 30-44 in the world.

Did you know?
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 100,281,037 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Samoa (Compared with other females aged 30-44 in Samoa)

GOAL (for now 115)
Obesity Index: BMI 21
National: Below Average. You have a lower BMI than 91% of females aged 30-44 in your country.
Global: Below Average. You have a lower BMI than 70% of females aged 30-44 in the world.

Did you know?
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 32,506,997 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population.

You're most like someone from India.

Anyone else want to share?

Replies

• terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    this is awesome! I'm most similar to someone from Liberia! ;D
  • natwen
    natwen Posts: 81
    Options
    This site just blew my mind and made me feel disgusting! I am most likely from the United States (bingo!) and If everyone in the world had the same BMI as me, it would add 39,638,984 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population!!!

If I wanted to have the exact average BMI for a woman on this planet I should weigh 134. Maybe I should change my goal from 140 to 134!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    This is pretty cool. My BMI is lower than 90% of the women in my age group in the US, and 69% of the women in my age group in the world. It told me that I'm most like someone from India. Guess where I'm from?
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    This site just blew my mind and made me feel disgusting! I am most likely from the United States (bingo!) and If everyone in the world had the same BMI as me, it would add 39,638,984 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population!!!

Don't feel disgusting!!! You are HERE and you are WORKING IT!!! :D
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Urg. Even after losing 43lbs I'm still higher than 53% of people my age... sigh* Most like someone from Jamaica. LOL!

25lbs to go!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yeah its shocking and brings down confidence in me..

Though it says I am most like someone in Tonga?

WHERE IS TONGA! O_o
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    "Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 81% of females aged 15-29 in your country Global
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 54% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 16,496,594 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Belgium"

Haha, this is cool!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Well that's enough to make me cry and a little wrong. They say my start BMI was higher than 100% of people my weight in the world & 96 in the US. Current is better lower than 58% in US, but higher than 73% in world...
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    21 bmi
    National: Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 89% of females aged 30-44 in your country

Global: Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 67% of females aged 30-44 in the world

If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 26,886,680 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

Apparently I am most like people from Cambodia!!!!!

YAY!!!!

At my highest weight, my BMI was 30 and my weight would add 77,479,150 tonnes.
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well that's enough to make me cry and a little wrong. They say my start BMI was higher than 100% of people my weight in the world & 96 in the US. Current is better lower than 58% in US, but higher than 73% in world...

I used my original stats, and my current stats...and the results were depressing for both. I cried a little bit :(

My BMI was higher than 100% of the world and the US for my age group using my original stats.

Now my BMI is 93% higher than the world and 62% higher than the US.
  • happythermia
    Options
    Yeah its shocking and brings down confidence in me..

Though it says I am most like someone in Tonga?

WHERE IS TONGA! O_o

I have confidence in you because you are here. SO THERE! :D
  • happythermia
    Options

*hug* Don't!!! You are amazing and you have had made great progress - and you will KEEP progressing!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    What an AWESOME link! Even if you are not where you want to be yet, imagine plugging in new numbers as you progress!! Talk about a motivator! Good Luck everyone!
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    Cute
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 28
    I have a lower BMI than 59% in the US
    I have a higher BMI than 77% of females aged 30-44 in the world

And I am most like someone from Peru

And WHEN I get to my goal weight, I will have a lower BMI than 82% of females aged 30-44 in the US. And a lower BMI than 53% of females aged 30-44 in the world
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You have a lower BMI than 88% of females aged 30-44 in your country
    You have a lower BMI than 64% of females aged 30-44 in the world
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 20,610,509 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population.
    You're most like someone from Somalia*

This is very interesting....thanks....feeling a bit better!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I typed me details in and it said "You are gorgeous and BMI is a deeply flawed method of gauging fitness".
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    23bmi
    National - Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 87% of males aged 30-44 in your country
    Global - Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 59% of males aged 30-44 in the world

If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 7,484,288 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population.

You're most like someone from Malaysia.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    And I like your green hair. You look like a mermaid. :)
  • violetcrumble84
    Options
    That's really interesting. My BMI is 25. In Australia, I'm above average for my age range. If I was from the US, I'd be below average.