Where are you on the global fat scale? INTERESTING!!!

Options

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Interesting! :bigsmile: I like this.

Now:
    Obesity Index: 23 bmi
    You have a lower BMI than 77% of females aged 15-29 in your country
    You have a higher BMI than 60% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 8,137,593 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Gabon

Goal:
    Obesity Index:18 bmi
    You have a lower BMI than 95% of females aged 15-29 in your country Global Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 82% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 70,110,883 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Vietnam
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. It's really great to see the difference between your highest weight and your current weight.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    28 BMI

National Below Average
    You have a lower BMI than 64% of females aged 45-59 in your country.

Global Abover Average
    You have a higher BMI than 68% of females aged 45-59 in the world.

If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 51,741,105 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population.
    You’re most like someone from Suriname.

At my goal weight, I would be most like someone from Nigeria.

Thanks--this was a great motivator! Especially the part about adding 51 million tonnes to the total weight of the world's population. Yikes!!
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Apparently I'm like someone from Panama.

However...

BMI CAN not be accurate for a lot of people. People are built differently.I'm 5'7,160 lbs, but have 39 inch shoulders and a 31 inch waist. I have somewhere between 10-14% bodyfat, depending if I'm in a muscle gains or a fat loss cycle. No doctor would classify me as overweight, yet according to this, I'm technically overweight.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I like this! :bigsmile:
    My BMI is 24
    i'm 73% below national average
    50% higher BMI Globally
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 2,754,756 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population
    I'm most like someone from Nigeria!
  • dikittypants
    Options
    Your numbers
    Obesity Index
    23bmi

National
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 65% of females aged 15-29 in your country

Global
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 62% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 5,949,290 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Uruguay*

Interesting... XD
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    ugh, that was depressing!
    80% higher than females of my age group in the UK.
    But as you say, I am here and trying to do something about it!
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Tonga is a south pacific nation about 2000km north of New Zealand.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I typed me details in and it said "You are gorgeous and BMI is a deeply flawed method of gauging fitness".
    This is the greatest!! That being said, I did have fun putting in my calculations:

My BMI is 27 which is 70% lower than other women in the United States aged 45-59 and 62% greater than 45-59 year old women in the world. I am most like someone from Lithuania.

I don't mind being above average globally, though, after all I started out with a BMI of 51 and was 100% above average for the United States and the world, and I was most like someone from Tonga. I'm a little suspicious of these calculations because even at 288# I'm certain there were people out there heavier than I was.

I think that when I reach my "healthy BMI" I should make a trip to Tonga. Anyone with me?
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That is really interesting.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Your numbers

Obesity Index
    23bmi

National
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 88% of males aged 30-44 in your country [it's not hard!!]

Global
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 59% of males aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 8,349,104 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Malaysia*

Funny that. My parents are from Malaysia. :o)
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Then...

Your numbers
    Obesity Index
    34bmi
    BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is National
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 95% of males aged 30-44 in your country Global
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 99% of males aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 126,047,291 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Micronesia

Now...

Your numbers
    Obesity Index
    22bmi
    BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is National
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 92% of males aged 30-44 in your country Global
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 68% of males aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 19,922,937 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Chad

MMM looked up Chad... Avg life expectancy for man is 49 years :(
  • creolebelle2
    Options
    Mine was:
    - bmi 18
    - 95% below average for females 15-29 from my country (USA) and
    - 79% below the global average.
    - It says I'm most likely from Vietnam, which is funny because my parents are Vietnamese :)
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    And I like your green hair. You look like a mermaid. :)

Thank you!

lol I swear I'm not a terrible person you guys
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Hmpf.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Guys, seriously, these numbers are no measure of your worth and i very much doubt you are bigger or heavier than 100% of the whole world, LMAO. That's what it told me too and i laughed. Maybe i'm just immune to all the medical tools out there telling me i'm the size of an island or whatever but this one is just a bit of fun for me. It's interesting but Christ, it's nothing to live by! Have you ever heard of or known of someone who weighs more than you and lives in your country or on the same planet as you? If you do, awesome, you can't say you're heavier than them. If you don't, you just haven't met them yet the way i see it, lol.
    Seriously, don't let this trigger you or hurt you, the lady with the beautiful green hair didn't post this to upset anyone. Besides, have you Googled Tonga yet!? It's a beautiful place, i'm all for getting my fat *kitten* over there, snacking on exotic fruit all day and lying in the sun with my own damn kind. Seems like a nice place to work on one's self-esteem.
    Seriously, your weight, BMI, clothing size and whatever other numbers people want to pull out of their behinds to try and determine how much you fail at life are all NO WAY IN HELL an indication of how wonderful, awesome, inspiring, beautiful, fantastic, brave or strong you are. That goes for those with lower numbers too. So your BMI is textbook perfect, your weight is spot-on, you look awesome in anything you wear and you've never known what it is to feel fat, you're STILL no better than us apparent Tongians (Tongans? Tonganese? Whatever).
    I bring joy, love, laughter, comfort and kindness to all the people i love and who love me at my starting weight, current weight and whatever weight i'll ever, ever be. I'll STILL be the same girl, only healthier and that's all we're changing, lovelies. Your weight, not your worth...if the two go hand-in-hand and threads like this have the ability to bring one down without the other then you need to have a heart-to-heart with your inner Tongonian 'cause no number in this whole world is reflective of the awesomeness that is you.

I freaking love you!
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    I typed me details in and it said "You are gorgeous and BMI is a deeply flawed method of gauging fitness".

I wholeheartedly agree with you 100%! :-)
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I started out at a BMI of 26 -- overweight.

Today, I am at a BMI of 20.
    You have a lower BMI than 89% of females aged 15-29 in your country.
    You have a lower BMI than 64% of females aged 15-29 in the world.

Progress is a satisfying thing :)
  • tundeke
    tundeke Posts: 80
    Options
    According to the website i have the following:

Obesity Index - 22 BMI - You have a lower BMI than 84% of females aged 30-44 in your country

You have a lower BMI than 63% of females aged 30-44 in the world

If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 19,916,243 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from Chad*
  • lynlen
    lynlen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cool! Most like someone from Cape Verde? I don't even know where that is lol