Who is supported 100% or not at all, I am not :(

Options
Is anyone else not getting the full support from their spouses,significant others, family and friends?
I feel when I am gun hoe on working out I am always getting well if you work out to hard you will hurt yourself. Well i am not I am working out to make myself better, also my husband had jokes about my weight and I told him it hurt. He is fit and when I am stress I am an emotional eater :( I came on here because I needed the support to get back to my healthy self.

Replies

• bethbournias
    bethbournias Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can't worry about that ( your husband)! You have to do this for you. You aren't doing it for his approval....it has to be because you want to do it!! It is hard not getting support at times...the same has happened to me, but it makes me want to try eben more, maybe to prove everyone wrong!! Don't stop or feel badly!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT and you have people here who support you 100%!!!!!!!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    You are doing this for yourself and not him. Ignore all the things he says because whatever he says is not true!!!! You know that I am always here for you!!!!! :happy:
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Your spouse will probably come around when he starts to see the change, and that can take a while. Don't stress it. Do what you are doing, and the rest will fall into place!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    im sorry, I wish I could say this is me.. I have 100% support from my husband, family and friends. I am down 22 lbs because of their support and most of all MFP and my MFP friends.

you have to be in the mind set this is something YOU want. nobody else. If they dont support you in a postive way, I say dont tell them what you are doing dont tell them about your success.

TELL US, TELL YOUR MFP PEEPS. This site is all i think about now. I love it, and I love my friends here. They know where I am coming from and it helps make it through the hard times.

good luck add me if you like. :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    You can't worry about that ( your husband)! You have to do this for you. You aren't doing it for his approval....it has to be because you want to do it!! It is hard not getting support at times...the same has happened to me, but it makes me want to try eben more, maybe to prove everyone wrong!! Don't stop or feel badly!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT and you have people here who support you 100%!!!!!!!

Thank you i should not but i thought he was suppose to be my biggest supporter, it hurt when he think making jokes will help me when it don't. All my childhood to adult life growing up in a family with skinny people. All i hear at every family gathering " Did u get weight? " :( I told them off and said why do my weight become the topic of the party
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    You are doing this for yourself and not him. Ignore all the things he says because whatever he says is not true!!!! You know that I am always here for you!!!!! :happy:

Thank you that is why I am on here I need the support and not the fat jokes :(
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It must be so hard if you don't have your loved ones' support. My husband is 100% behind me and even supports me when well-meaning friends tell me that I must not lose any more weight. He knows my goals and supports me all the way, from eating well with me right through to exercising. Heck, he even did adult swim lessons so he could join me in the pool.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    Your spouse will probably come around when he starts to see the change, and that can take a while. Don't stress it. Do what you are doing, and the rest will fall into place!

Thank you I hope he do all I hear I come from a very fit family, What kill me he met me as i am a big girl. Got bigger over the yrs because of stress. Lost the weight, then gain it back due to personal problems :(
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    im sorry, I wish I could say this is me.. I have 100% support from my husband, family and friends. I am down 22 lbs because of their support and most of all MFP and my MFP friends.

you have to be in the mind set this is something YOU want. nobody else. If they dont support you in a postive way, I say dont tell them what you are doing dont tell them about your success.

TELL US, TELL YOUR MFP PEEPS. This site is all i think about now. I love it, and I love my friends here. They know where I am coming from and it helps make it through the hard times.

good luck add me if you like. :)
    Thank you that is why I am on here because no one on here JUDGE me :) everyone is supporting me not making fun of my weight :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    It must be so hard if you don't have your loved ones' support. My husband is 100% behind me and even supports me when well-meaning friends tell me that I must not lose any more weight. He knows my goals and supports me all the way, from eating well with me right through to exercising. Heck, he even did adult swim lessons so he could join me in the pool.

That is awesome hope to have that one day, that great support. he think making jokes is supporting me and it is not. I heard it from my family and I don't want to hear it from him :(
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 100% supportive, we find new meal ideas together, we work out together and we motivate each other, he's a naturally skinny guy, he stopped eating any crap just so I wouldn't be tempted. He'll make healthy snacks when he knows I'm craving something I shouldn't eat. I don't think I could do this without him. :)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I know its hard to ignore...especially when its your own husband who should be fully supporting your decision to be a healthier you...but ignore it. The people on here seem very supportive and you can reach your goals no matter what anyone says. :flowerforyou: keep your chin up!
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    My boyfriend is 100% supportive, we find new meal ideas together, we work out together and we motivate each other, he's a naturally skinny guy, he stopped eating any crap just so I wouldn't be tempted. He'll make healthy snacks when he knows I'm craving something I shouldn't eat. I don't think I could do this without him. :)

That is awesome I am happy for you that you have that great support.He is a keeper for sure :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I know its hard to ignore...especially when its your own husband who should be fully supporting your decision to be a healthier you...but ignore it. The people on here seem very supportive and you can reach your goals no matter what anyone says. :flowerforyou: keep your chin up!

Thank you he is being so stupid he thinks jokes will make me loose the weight faster :( all I need is way to go you lost that pound not here go blimpy :(
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Be the example and follow your own path :)

My OH wasn't totally convinced everything that I was changing was good for me but I see she is steadily adopting some aspects as she notices the results.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    Be the example and follow your own path :)

My OH wasn't totally convinced everything that I was changing was good for me but I see she is steadily adopting some aspects as she notices the results.

Thank you I hope that happen hope he finally see the changes that I am doing this for me :) and that is great yr wife is supporting U :)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Thank you he is being so stupid he thinks jokes will make me loose the weight faster :( all I need is way to go you lost that pound not here go blimpy :(

Man I know it. My husband would never be that rude, but I would enjoy a positive comment every now and again.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    The way he grew up he only receive negative remarks that made him stronger :(
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Thank you I hope that happen hope he finally see the changes that I am doing this for me :) and that is great yr wife is supporting U :)

I'm sure he will, if he doesn't then maybe you can do better ;)

Funny I should post of this, my OH has just informed me over lunch that on my 'high protein diet' (it isn't, it's adequate protein) someone at her workpace mentioned that they read 'a study' (What another one? Don't we have enough already ;)) that suggests that I have an increased risk of bowel cancer.

It's this kind of stuff that really helps me through the day with a smile on my face.

She says this as she is main-lining some sugar for lunch and will inevitably snack on some similar junk into the night.

And I could have sworn she was complaining about 'not being able to fit into anything anymore' recently.

<sigh>

I'm off for a walk and to contemplate whether being single is actually that bad after all.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am supported. My fiance doesn't go out of his way to ask about my weight loss but comments on how he can notice it. My family is alright with it, mum encourages me to keep going and one of my sisters is on here as well. The other is also losing weight, so its great to have that support.

I'm really sorry you aren't supported, not only is it upsetting but discouraging. Use that and show them you can do it! If you want me as your MFP friend I will support you 100%. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!