Who is supported 100% or not at all, I am not :(

Options

Replies

• Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    The only support I get 100% is from my friends on here.

Well you have more support from me to :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I'm glad you came here for support. I'd have a really hard time handling a man like that after the past I've had. Just tell him, even though it made HIM become stronger, it's tearing you down and stressing you and when you stress you eat. Let him know that what he's doing is wrong and it's hurting you not helping you. I have a supportive boyfriend and my family worries. My brothers joke, but not in a bad way. They're both proud. My mom worries I'll hurt myself, but she still tells me she's proud of me. You need friends like us to say you're doing SO great.

I'm a stress -non- eater so it's a struggle to make myself eat. In the past, I would overeat and the more depressed I became in both marriages I had, the more weight I packed on. I was miserable.

I am sorry you went through that, and now you have the support that is awesome. ON MFP I am learning people really do care and no one put you down but mostly support you :)
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    When I started this journey in October 2009 I was the only one in my household who was trying to eat healthy and make lifestyle changes. My husband has done Weight Watchers of & on, but at that time he wasn't. My 2 teenage sons were typical teenagers, (they loved their junk food.) Since I'm the one who did the grocery shopping & cooking, I told them that there would have to be some changes. I gradually stopped buying junk food snacks and they weren't too happy at first. In the past 2 1/2 years things have changed.

My husband started walking and trying to eat better also, he went back to Weight Watchers for a while. He tried paleo for a while, now he just tries to eat healthy. He has since completed P90 and P90X twice and now he's doing Rev Abs. We rarely have pop in the house and both of my sons have started drinking a lot more water. They still eat chips some, but I don't buy cookies, snack cakes, ice cream, candy, etc. We eat a lot of fruit. Things aren't perfect, but over time they have improved.

There were times though when I would fix one meal for the boys, another for my husband, (when he was doing WW or paleo) and something else for myself. I don't work outside the home, so it wasn't that big of a deal, just time consuming. Anyway, we have all made concessions. My husband is 100% supportive and my sons are pretty supportive too.

I hope that in time your family will see how hard you are working to improve your life and become more supportive of you. Best wishes.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I know how you feel my husband has never said anything about the 45lbs i've lost. Everybody has noticed except him. At the beginning i Wanted to get fit for him but i was totally wrong now i wanna be fit for myself. He also tells me things that hurt so much like "You think you gonna get skinny" in a sarcastic way when he sees me eating something sweet or a chocolate.
    Dont get discourage eventually you'll see the change in your body and you'll be so happy that wont matter if they support you or not...

Wow so sorry but you look amazing and hot :) but I am happy yr getting sexy for yrself becuase you come first :) Also thank you for the support to :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    When I started this journey in October 2009 I was the only one in my household who was trying to eat healthy and make lifestyle changes. My husband has done Weight Watchers of & on, but at that time he wasn't. My 2 teenage sons were typical teenagers, (they loved their junk food.) Since I'm the one who did the grocery shopping & cooking, I told them that there would have to be some changes. I gradually stopped buying junk food snacks and they weren't too happy at first. In the past 2 1/2 years things have changed.

My husband started walking and trying to eat better also, he went back to Weight Watchers for a while. He tried paleo for a while, now he just tries to eat healthy. He has since completed P90 and P90X twice and now he's doing Rev Abs. We rarely have pop in the house and both of my sons have started drinking a lot more water. They still eat chips some, but I don't buy cookies, snack cakes, ice cream, candy, etc. We eat a lot of fruit. Things aren't perfect, but over time they have improved.

There were times though when I would fix one meal for the boys, another for my husband, (when he was doing WW or paleo) and something else for myself. I don't work outside the home, so it wasn't that big of a deal, just time consuming. Anyway, we have all made concessions. My husband is 100% supportive and my sons are pretty supportive too.

I hope that in time your family will see how hard you are working to improve your life and become more supportive of you. Best wishes.

Thank you that is great yr family is yr big support and thank you I am feeling so much love and support now :)
  • kokoa4mateo
    Options
    Just keep going for you. Use the negative as motivation. Proving you can and are doing it no matter what anyone says, will show them. Don't let negative hurt you. Stay strong and focused on your goal. What you are working so hard at is for you!
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I understand. It's great to do it for yourself, but it feels so great when people acknowledge your effort and results. My mom is supportive, but I don't think she really gets my approach to my weight loss. She says that I'm constantly eating and I need to watch it or else I'm gonna get fat, I've told her many times that I'm eating my allotted amount of calories and that I rather eat small meals frequently than eat a meal and feel bloated with out energy. I work most of my calories off and I think it is hard to eat them back. I am losing pounds and inches, I see it, but it sucks to constantly hear that discouragement and disbelief. Just keep your head up and tell everyone around you what you are doing for yourself and how their comments affect your progress. There is no reason any one should be discouraging anyone who is trying to become more healthy.

I am sorry I get that with my mom to, I know she loves me but she have been skinny before and she is smaller than me. Well we have each other and the other MFP members we can do this :) together
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    i have always gotten my support from my husband and friends and family, it's funny watching my husband try to do zumba with me it's alot of fun. I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time getting the support you need from love ones

Thank you hope they will come around and stop making fun of my size
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    Oh ya my husband loves me but he isn't my support person. My friends are the best but they want me to eat and drink with them and skip my workouts. My support person who keeps me on the right path for diet and exercise is my personal trainer. He's the only one I listen to about anything to do with my fitness, weight etc. It's impossible to sort through all the well intentioned advice that you get from all directions. Try to follow what makes sense to you then just do it. Only tell those who will support you or you'll find yourself frustrated. Everyone on here is so nice and supportive, maybe find some good supporters here for your journey. Good luck!!

That is great you have one person that understand you and I hope yr friends and husband come around. Thank you I am getting so much support from MFP :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    Looking for support buddies :)

Adding you we are going to do this together to :)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    thanks to MFP, i have 100% support :smile:
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 100% supportive, we find new meal ideas together, we work out together and we motivate each other, he's a naturally skinny guy, he stopped eating any crap just so I wouldn't be tempted. He'll make healthy snacks when he knows I'm craving something I shouldn't eat. I don't think I could do this without him. :)

Sounds like you got yourself a keeper. My husband won't eat like I do but he always supports me. He is so proud of any of my accomplishments. He is always bragging about how hot I was before and now that I've lost some weight I'm even hotter. He makes me feel special and valued. I wouldn't trade him for the world.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    thanks to MFP, i have 100% support :smile:

That is the truth I am feeling that to no doubt a 100 percent :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    My boyfriend is 100% supportive, we find new meal ideas together, we work out together and we motivate each other, he's a naturally skinny guy, he stopped eating any crap just so I wouldn't be tempted. He'll make healthy snacks when he knows I'm craving something I shouldn't eat. I don't think I could do this without him. :)

Sounds like you got yourself a keeper. My husband won't eat like I do but he always supports me. He is so proud of any of my accomplishments. He is always bragging about how hot I was before and now that I've lost some weight I'm even hotter. He makes me feel special and valued. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

That is really awesome :) a great supportive team on yr side :)
  • pretty_88
    pretty_88 Posts: 3
    Options
    yaaa sometime i feel ,ike he dont care.. i gain soo much weight.. im starting to feel really depress..i put up some pics of my self and i see the differents frm last yr and this yr.. omg
  • kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't take care of his own self and therefore doesn't seem to have much to say about my weight loss. The only support I really get is he stays home with the kids while I go to the gym. I've been ignoring myself for 10 years because of the kids and this year I just decided it's my year, and I'm going to workout whether he cares or not. So, whenever I'm ready to go, I say I'm going to the gym and I'll back. And I go!

But I have a ton of support from the rest of my family and especially from my friends at work, on MFP and on Facebook.

I think my husband is proud of me, but he doesn't really say much about it. He isn't rude or mean or anything.

OP, I wish you well in your journey!!
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    yaaa sometime i feel ,ike he dont care.. i gain soo much weight.. im starting to feel really depress..i put up some pics of my self and i see the differents frm last yr and this yr.. omg

Well you have me and the rest of the MFP family on here and to honest yr BEautiful how can he not see that work it :)
  • susieeasterwood
    Options
    hey girl i was in the same boat with u for 25 yrs. but that ended and now he is fatter than i am. but don't worry about him, u are the pretty one, just hang in there and when everyone is looking at u and smiling he will look like a fool. eventially they all do. just remember don't get even get ahead!

i support u 100%
    Trashy
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I have my full support. 100%. Nobody else's matters.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    My husband doesn't take care of his own self and therefore doesn't seem to have much to say about my weight loss. The only support I really get is he stays home with the kids while I go to the gym. I've been ignoring myself for 10 years because of the kids and this year I just decided it's my year, and I'm going to workout whether he cares or not. So, whenever I'm ready to go, I say I'm going to the gym and I'll back. And I go!

But I have a ton of support from the rest of my family and especially from my friends at work, on MFP and on Facebook.

I think my husband is proud of me, but he doesn't really say much about it. He isn't rude or mean or anything.

OP, I wish you well in your journey!!
    I know to well about that but there is a big support group on here for sure :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!