Dieting WTFs?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Opinionated, loud fat people who are experts on losing weight and giving advice....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Un-PC as it is, I totally agree. Sorry if it causes offence, but I won't be taking diet advice from someone bigger than me. I will follow the advice of people who have practiced what they preach and proved it to work.
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Those stupid body wraps. My cousin sells them (well, tries to sell them), and I get so embarrassed for her.

haha this! I have a friend on fb who posts all the time trying to sell them and posts when she uses them. The funny thing is the next day you will see posts about how she hates being 45 lbs overweight and how she goes to mcdonalds at 2 in the morning.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    haha my mom sent me a link about hcg drops.. and one of my friends had used them losing 10 pounds her first week.. i llooked at her book because i was really curious about it, but its so restrictive! i decided i would rather do this... plus my friend ended up pregnant on this diet! haha it messed up her hormones that bad haha! i will never do that to my body

Gosh. I knew it was pregnant lady pee, but this is a bit extreme...
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Both someone on my facebook and someone in my neighborhood are raving about some plexus slim thing. Neighbor has huge decal taking up the back of her car where you can buy it from her and facebook friend makes several posts a day about how it can change your life and you can lose tons of weight, cure diabeties, and all kinds of ailments by not changing what you eat nor working out

Ugh. That is where I'd set it to not subscribe to that person's news feed. :/

I've heard the hcg, the body wraps, the acai, the cabbage soup......blah. I think for most people it's just exercise and "diet"-what you eat. I will say I'm *trying* a lower carb thing right now. I'm very cranky though and if it doesn't work really welll.....welllll, I think I'll go have me some spaghetti and chocolate cake with a side of bread. :/ (the only reason I'm trying it is desperation b/c I have an insulin resistance issue....believe me, otherwise I'd put it at the top of the list as crapola)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    haha my mom sent me a link about hcg drops.. and one of my friends had used them losing 10 pounds her first week.. i llooked at her book because i was really curious about it, but its so restrictive! i decided i would rather do this... plus my friend ended up pregnant on this diet! haha it messed up her hormones that bad haha! i will never do that to my body

Gosh. I knew it was pregnant lady pee, but this is a bit extreme...
    I'm thinking there might have been something more than the diet involved to get that result...
  • angstandvexed
    Options
    That was what my gym trainer told me. Granted Im averaging about 800 calories a day, and really have to work to get that.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to believe that any of the fad "diets" work until I see a person keep the weight off for five years and convert to eating real food. I've always thought that the faster you lose weight, the faster you gain it back.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    God, if I hear another Paleo/Atkins/HFLC zealot rave about how you can eat 5,000 + calories of animal protein and dark leafy greens and NEVER gain weight, I'll eat my hat.

I'm not wearing a hat. :laugh:

Not even CLOSE to what paleo is. Paleo is high quality meats and in-season fruits and veggies. Its fresh, unprocessed, whole foods....and people don't eat 5,000 calories a day. My wtf is people bashing diets without actually knowimg what is involved :indifferent: :indifferent:

I also don't understand juice diets. I'm sure you can lose weight on it as you clean your bowels out and lose muscle
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My friend ate nothing but lettuce and water for 6 weeks. I have never seen a more *****y person in my life.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    My friend ate nothing but lettuce and water for 6 weeks. I have never seen a more *****y person in my life.

Wow, b****y AND stupid :wink: