Okay, I bought Vanilla Protein powder... Now what?????

Options

Replies

• nicholtv
    nicholtv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I know what you mean. This what I like for lunch. 1 scoop of "Slim Fast French Vanilla" , 8oz of fat free milk, half of banana, frozen or fresh strawberries and 3-4 ice cubes in a blender. This way I do no taste of protein powder. hope it works for you
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake
    1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
    1/4 cup pure pumpkin
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 tsp sweetener of choice
    1/2 cup milk
    4-6 ice cubes

Iced Chai Tea Protein Shake
    4 oz Chai Tea Concentrate
    1/4 cup milk
    8 ice cubes

Cake Batter Protein Shake
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tsp almond extract
    2 tsp sweetener
    1/3 cup water
    6-8 ice cubes

Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbs PB2
    1/2 cup milk
    4-6 ice cubes

Those are my favorite protein shakes at the moment! I also use vanilla protein powder to make homemade protein bars and muffins.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I use Super Advanced Whey Isolate Vanilla Creme.....Body Fortress.....I love it! It is all I use, got it at Walmart. I use it in my oatmeal and make pancakes with it adding oatmeal, cottage cheese, and egg whites with it.....so very yummy!! Shakes are good with it too. Maybe it is the brand you get. Mine is 130 cal with 30 g of protein per scoop.....good luck!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    cake batter protein shake!

I've seen that! Def worth a try :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    someome once shared this with me. vanilla protein powder, ice, plain almond milk (or skim or whatever), a serving of fat free cottage cheese, 2 tb peanut butter, sugar free jello pudding powder (butterscotch flavor).

or sometimes ill do the powder, ice, milk, cottage cheese and fruit.

Cottage Cheese?!?! I love the stuff! Never thought of it in my protein shake tho! Thanks :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I found a receipe on here months ago that I use.

Base shake
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    1/2 to 1 cup water
    rounded scoop of protein powder (mine is vanilla ice cream flavor)
    5-10 ice cubes

Mix ins:
    strawberries and bananas
    peanut butter
    chocolate syrup
    key lime jello mix

I actually cut up my bananas and freeze them, then I don't even have to add ice. Love these evey morning!

Frozen Bananas in place of ice cubes...Love that!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Weird that it tasted gross- that is a pretty standard shake - what brand did you get? If you try other variations and still come out yucky- do a 50/50 split with your chocolate to get rid of the vanilla. Just a thought.

Vanilla is my old stand by- cuz you can mix berries or greens or whatever, and usually comes out tasty. May just be the brand you got?

Pure Protein... Something at my local commissary... It smells good! Idk :(
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    it was the greek yogurt. :P It's great by it's own with fruit, but in a drink the tartness spreads. you need to use just regular yogurt and vanilla flavored, not plain. plain is sour like sour cream.

LOL Now that you say that... might be it! I bought PLAIN Greek yogurt. Supposedly the worst. lol ...Maybe it just threw the whole shake off?
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I add the EAS Vanilla powder to my oatmeal in the mornings (after I cook the oatmeal with almond milk), and I really like it. A little cinnamon and it's great!

Didn't realize you can add the powder to 'whatever" ... good idea :)
    I have to find something other than Oatmeal tho lol I hate that stuff! lol :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Well, I use Herbalife. I think I had about 60-70 recipes when I first started. And I think we get ooooo...maybe about 10-12 new recipes every month. Peanut butter cup to cake batter to grape tootsie roll to raspberry fluff to egg nog to...whatever flavor. But I don't know how to change from Herbalife to a protein powder bought off the shelf. But I dont think I could have done it if I didn't have variety.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Yes I second this yummmm
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbs PB2
    1/2 cup milk
    4-6 ice cubes

Those are my favorite protein shakes at the moment! I also use vanilla protein powder to make homemade protein bars and muffins.

This sounds amazing!! I LOVE PB2... How do you mix it in "homemade bars and muffins" ??
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    The key, IMO is to mix in something with a strong enough flavor that would mask the "vanilla" flavor. Banana, mango and pineapple work really well. Then you can add in other stuff that works as well, like strawberries. I always add Greek yogurt to mine, but no more than 1/3 - 1/4 cup per cup of almond milk.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbs PB2
    1/2 cup milk
    4-6 ice cubes

This sounds amazing!! I LOVE PB2... How do you mix it in "homemade bars and muffins" ??

That shake is awesome!

Google Jaime Eason's protein bar recipes. She has a lot of good ones, my favorite is her cinnamon swirl protein bars (my husband thinks they taste like his mom's homemade coffee cake) and the chocolate protein bars. Here are a few others that I like:

Banana Chocolate Protein Muffins
    Ingredients:
    •1 Cup oatmeal (not instant)
    •2 scoops of chocolate protein
    •2 egg whites
    •1 banana
    •1 TBSP of unsweetened applesauce
    •1 tsp of baking powder

Directions:
    1.Preheat oven @ 350F
    2.Mix -Everything goes into 1 bowl.
    3.Fill each muffin tin halfway up
    4.Bake for about 10-12 minutes

Banana Bread Protein Muffins
    3/4 cup Ripe banana (about 1 large banana)
    3/4 cup Egg whites
    1/2 cup Plain low fat greek yogurt (I used plain Chobani yogurt)
    3/4 cup Oats (use gluten free if sensitive to gluten)
    2 scoops Vanilla protein powder (I used Designer Whey™, or you could use any flavor you would like!)
    12-14 packets Stevia (or 1/2 cup sweetener of choice)
    1 tsp Baking powder
    1 tsp Baking soda
    1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender until smooth. Fill 12 muffin tins and bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes.

There are a lot more ideas on the forums here and on pinterest!
  • ablondesdiylife
    Options
    The Girls from Tone It Up have a ton of great recipes for vanilla protein powder on their site! Including pancakes, muffins, cookies and ice cream! Of course they also have tons a good looking smoothie recipes as well! I've never tried any of them ( I've just recently purchased protein powder and have yet to make anything with it) but the response from people who have is always good!
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    You could make a peanut butter banana protein shake. In a Magic Bullet or a blender, blend one banana, two tablespoons of peanut butter, a tablespoon of honey, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, and a cup of the milk of your choice. Enjoy.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Vanilla is a very difficult flavor for companies to get right. TruNutrition Sciences Vanilla lines (ISO-ology and Trutein) and Iforce Protean Vanilla Cupcake Batter are probably the two best tasting vanilla powders I've tried.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    dashingdish.com

There is a section for protein shakes. Try the Samoa one. I'm drinking one right now and my god it's so good.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

Yes I second this yummmm

That is EXACTLY what thbody by vi shakes taste like!!!