Okay, I bought Vanilla Protein powder... Now what?????

Options

Replies

• jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I would add chocolate protein powder to Brownie mix and make protein fortifed brownies...
    Vanilla would probably work also...
  • cocoabean287
    cocoabean287 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Instead of shakes, you can make your own protein bars too. I found just browsing:

http://vegweb.com/recipes/protein-bars-0

Its got a cookie like consistency and super easy to make. You can switch up the ingredients so calories are easy to control. I put in mini chocolate chips and walnuts and it tasted exactly like a cookie.
  • Snoopy7878
    Snoopy7878 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • karijoeide
    karijoeide Posts: 103
    Options
    I always use my vanilla for a breakfast shake, I use soy or almond milk with it, throw in strawberries, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, whatever fruit I have around and needs using up. I have a single use Hamilton Beach (walmart) blender, it twists off and I am in the car on my way to work with a good start to my day!
  • berube288
    berube288 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have learned through trial and error that adding dairy with protein is not so good so I just put vanilla whey protein with frozen fruit and some water and it tastes great. Hope this helps.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I always use my vanilla for a breakfast shake, I use soy or almond milk with it, throw in strawberries, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, whatever fruit I have around and needs using up. I have a single use Hamilton Beach (walmart) blender, it twists off and I am in the car on my way to work with a good start to my day!

I was just looking at those the other day lol
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I have learned through trial and error that adding dairy with protein is not so good so I just put vanilla whey protein with frozen fruit and some water and it tastes great. Hope this helps.

Thank you :)
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My favorite has been a cup of almond milk, a few ice cubes, a scoop of vanilla powder, half an apple and a sprinkling of cinnamon- tastes just like the milk left over after a bowl of Apple Jacks.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this am.......

1/2 cup frozen mango
    1/2 cup frozen peaches
    1 tbsp non-fat greek yogurt
    1tsp honey
    8 oz coconut water
    1 scoop vanilla whey protien
    add ice and blend...........I find it delicious......
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    My standard morning shake:

- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk
    - 1 to 3 scoops of protein (choc, vanilla, or a mix)
    - 6 oz cold decaf coffee
    - 1/4 cup steel cut oats
    - 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    - 1 tbsp chia seeds
    - 2 ice cubes

Blend like crazy. Drink.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sent4rmabove
    Options
    I just bought Syntha-6 (Strawberry Milkshake & Cookies and Cream) - I've read great reviews about it. Everyone seems to like the taste, even when prepared with water. I'll let you know... I'm a bit picky when it comes to protein shakes.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    bump
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    So I ventured into Vanilla. Figured I could add some yogurt, berries, whatever and it would be amazing.....
    I 1st (and only) tried Greek yogurt, frozen berries, splash of milk and scoop of vanilla...
    Thanks!!

Well, for me, that would be WAY too tart - too much yogurt compared to milk. I use about 3/4c milk to 1/4c yogurt.

But it really depends. When I switched brands, the new brand did not taste good with greek yogurt, but it tasted really good with cottage cheese. Just keep experimenting with brands and proportions, until you get it the way you like it.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pick up some Pure Protein Vanilla in order to try some of the great recipes I've seen on here for shakes. I hope it turns out good!
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I add it to greek yogurt with some fruit and to me it tastes like CHEESECAKE! :) I stir it in in the morning and pack it for a snack/treat at work! :)
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    umm half a nanner
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just love the Body Fortress vanilla protein shakes - i like to mix some cold coffee into them instead of water for an afternoon pick me up - nummers!!!
  • perestroika1
    perestroika1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk makes all mine awesome!!!! I buy the Carb Options shakes so I don't get the added sugar. :)