Pasta is the devil

Options
1235»

Replies

• NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My measuring cups are my best friends, especially when it comes to my weaknesses. I swear I will tear someone's eyes out if they take away my carbs!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    @valerie, things change as your body does.

when i was 265-270 i could eat pasta and bread and still lose weight. as I started losing more weight, at about 240, i had to kick it up a notch and remove simple carbohydrates (not all carbs, but not much bread nor pasta) for a little while because my body was perfectly content staying right where it was. And here I am now! I've consistently been losing weight for the last two months and I expect to have to switch it up again at some point.

so enjoy it while you can, but don't stick to it if it's not working in a little while when you get smaller.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat yam/ tofu noodles, there 0-20 calories and I just pretend it's the same....
  • swkittrell
    swkittrell Posts: 48
    Options
    I have found some very interesting foods to think about.
  • alanabeehave
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I love carbs and eat them to my hearts desire (which luckly isn't in excess) but I do love me some spaghetti squash. Its so versatile!
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    not sure if anyone has already mentioned this (I don't want to read four pages of responses, sorry bout it), but I am obsessed with Barilla Plus pasta. it's made with egg whites and stuff like lentils to give it epic amounts of protein and fiber (like 9 grams of each per serving!). when I use a food scale to measure out the 2 oz serving, I always find it's more than I expect! it's becoming a trend, too; I think Eating Right makes a version of the same idea. check it out!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I know I know. I'm looking for a magical no calorie carb. Anyone? LOL

Miracle noodles, I love them, 0 calories and extreamly filling

This ^^^^^
    I Love :love: Shirataki noodles also called miracle noodles. I had them last night for dinner as a Garlic/ginger shrimp veggie stir fry. Zero calories, Zero Carbs, all fiber, and so filling! The vegetable noodle will taste like whatever you cook with it. Check out finallychelle if you want recipes or search. They are not pasta so do not expect the same soft texture and there are special preparation before you cook them, the liquid must be washed off until no smell.

I love these noodles and I am going to make them for dinner tonight also. I highly suggest you use the MFP search and read how to dry fry them 1st as finallychelle describes it is the only way I use them. Here is her recipe link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763

I agree Carbs are not the devil, I eat fruit everyday, melon, berries are low in carbs. I just count my carbs along with the calories and log them. Everyone has to determine how many calories,carbohydrates, protein, fat etc is good for their eating plan. I am learning what works for 1 person does not work for everyone.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options

I've read reviews on diabetics who have tried Dreamfields pasta and even though it's supposed to be "protected carbs" it sent their blood sugar soaring. I've read the reviews on Carba Nada pasta and people have tested their blood sugar after eating it and had no large spikes. That's why I choose Carba Nada.

This ^^^^
    Thank You Sun, I know everyone is different I am grateful it did not spike my blood sugar.
    When used people must follow the directions how to cook it exactly.

Thanks for telling us about Carba Nada Pasta going to see if I like it better. The one thing I do not like about Dream Field low carb Pasta is the food can not be reheated or carbs will be no different than normal pasta.

My poor husband just had to eat a whole pan of lasagna after one meal, because I cannot eat it reheated.