Black out DRUNK. EMBARRASSMENT

Options

Replies

• jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    For my 21st birthday I went to club that has sink or swim, needless to say I sank.

It happens, apologize and move on.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone at least once.
    I drink very little, but at my bachelor party(decades ago), I drank more than I usually allow myself and I remember very little. Just very very funny memories.

I now know my limit.
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    I can't exactly judge!

It was my friends 18th birthday house party and there was a good few at it! My group of friends are not exactly the type of people who go crazy and leave the house in a state like in the movies!! Anyway, the night started off pretty normal, everyone brought there own drinks like normal. I was drinking cider as I would normally do. My other friend arrived and offered me some captain Morgan. After that you could nearly say tje rest is history!

I woke up the next morning with a pint of water beside me, kitchen tissue paper and a basin....still in my dress from the night before! When my friends woke up they looked at me and grinned, as if saying "what the Hell happened last night!" I looked at them and said, "why what happened?"

I was then informed that shortly after my friend arrived with the captain Morgan, I got seriously wasted. I was even taking straight shots of the stuff. I apparently smoked (which I do not condone), and when sitting, I was told I was flashing everyone my undies! So two of my friends had to try and put a pair of shorts on my while I lay almost passed out on the floor! I cannot remember the presenting of the birthday cake or the 18 kisses. I ended up falling asleep on a chair where one of my friends kept an eye on me moat of the night after that......until I woke up suddenly, looked around and vomited all over the floor! :( I am still mortified at this. To make matters worse, my friends mother (the one having her birthday) had to clean up after me!

I cannot stop apologising to everyone.....they just laugh and tell me how ladylike I was sitting with my legs crossed on the chair! Thay was in May and I am proud to say there hasn't been a repeat!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    totally get over it, your friends will too if you acknowledge 'yeah, hello i WAS wasted!!!'

glad you had a good time!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sad to say this has happened to me far too many times. Mostly before my birthday.

Welcome to 21!
  • chixdrag2
    chixdrag2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If it's not something you normally would do, I would think your friends knows this about you and are just chalking it up to a good 21st birthday celebration - no worries, it happens to the best of us, love! :) happy birthday! <3
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Wow... I'm glad I don't drink. I would be sad if I couldn't even remember my own birthday...

I do have a funny story about my mom's cousin getting drunk at my cousin's wedding. My mom (not realizing he was drunk) gave him a watermelon to hold. He dropped the watermelon down the stairs and started screaming, "Who threw that watermelon at me?!" hahahahaha :) It was a mess, there was watermelon everywhere.
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh... I thought this thread was about me...I'm still trying to figure out last weekend...

Dude, wheres my car?
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

So I celebrated my 21st birthday over the weekend and I am ashamed to say that I really don't remember much of it.

From what I was told....
    There were strippers, lapdances, broken high heels, too many shots, upchucking, flashing my undies to the club (WHAT!??), having friends pull up my strapless dress constantly because I was near-flashing everyone (It's too big now, thanks to MFP!), countless drinks given to me and finally, two cabbies refused to let me in because I was too drunk. (The 3rd one took my friend and I back to her place, where I blacked out on her brother's bed).

Yeah.....

I don't remember any of this, to be honest.

SO, should I continue to be embarrassed, or just get over it?

I've NEVER gotten black out drunk before and I am veeeery afraid and humiliated that my entire group of friends saw me in that state.

SHOULD I FEEL THIS?::noway: :blushing:
    OR THIS?::laugh: :wink:

ALSO, tell me your drunk stories!

When I partied like this I usually was embarrased until the next time I went out....Usually within a day or two....Phuckit
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Be embarassed. There is nothing sadder than the girl at the bar who's lost control of herself.

I am all for a night of drinking but maintain some control!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Not to rain on the whoohoo let's get stupid drunk and laugh about it parade, but as someone who works in law enforcement, you are very lucky. You are lucky because at the very least some slime ball you wouldn't have touched sober with a ten foot poll didn't manage to corner you in a club somewhere, or get you home. You are very lucky you didn't wake up with a wonderfully fun std or unwanted pregnancy. You are lucky you didn't get a DUI or kill someone. And if we talking worst case scenario here, you are lucky you woke up. Cause being raped and thrown in a ditch is SO much fun for everyone to giggle over. I think everyone had their too much party moments, and I did too. Some I regret and some I thank God were not much, much worse. Learn from this experience. Don't just laugh it off and look for other people to justify it as normal and perfectly ok as part of the early 20's process of "finding yourself". Understand that you have a responsibility to keep yourself and other people safe while you enjoy yourself responsibly. Because serious **** can happen when you just want to have fun.

Someone worth listening to!

It is not normal or ok to blackout while drinking.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Be embarassed. There is nothing sadder than the girl at the bar who's lost control of herself.

Wow... I see some self righteous crap on the forums, but you may have actually just taken the high score....
  • Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I blacked out last night. We are comrades-in-arms.

Happy 21st! :)
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Wow... I see some self righteous crap on the forums, but you may have actually just taken the high score....

Too right. Yeah, it's kinda sad if it's happening every weekend, but everyone's done it at least once and the only thing to do is shrug it off and count yourself lucky that nothing worse happened.
  • mishelnkiki1
    mishelnkiki1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    hunny i am 28 years old and still have those kinda weekends! granted they are now few and far between, but i still have em! and for ur 21st, way to goooooo! much better then mine was!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You can be embarassed or you can move on. If you don't remember it didn't happen, haha.
    If they are your friends they will accept you drunk and all!! Especially since it was your 21st! Girl, life is too short for regrets!!
    Rock on and keep moving! I had that type of night a couple weeks ago for my 28th, who cares...Im over it. :drinker:
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you don't have some apologies to make after your 21st, you did it wrong. A dozen years later and I still tell the tale of my 21st by starting out with, "You think THAT'S bad...?"

This !!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    18 was the legal drinking age back in the day and I remember my 18th celebration... oh wait, actually I don't remember it at all. :D
  • nyerenee
    nyerenee Posts: 3
    Options
    I got black out drunk on my 23rd (this past february) and again, at the St. Patrick's day parade in a nearby town... That parade? The first real date with my current boyfriend... Imagine telling that first date story.. lmao! All I can say is, thank God I've known him for a few years. Any other guy would have ran for the hills.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    LOL These have been some FANTASTIC stories.

The embarrassment has faded. As you all have said, if ya don't remember it, it didn't happen.

I definitely hear those who are saying I should be embarrassed for my lack of self control. In my defense, I am a silly 21yr old :laugh:. But I certainly won't be shamed.

Some of these stories are soooo much worse than mine so I am feeling much much better!

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to read more drunken tales :P.