For cryin' out loud. I eat pasta, fast food and ice cream!

Options

Replies

• LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Ugh, looks like I'm doing it wrong too apparently according to the clean people. I'm not allowed to eat ANYTHING that tastes good otherwise the food police will arrest me. :grumble:

SO unless it's loaded with garbage it tastes like @ss?

It doesn't always. I like salmon and spinach for example but sometimes I crave things because they taste good, like chocolate or pizza. But after a while, I get sick of eating healthy ALL the time. It gets boring. You can only eat salad, chicken and fish for dinner so many times before you want something else but NO. I'm not allowed to eat anything else because the clean people will find me and burn down my kitchen as it's unholy in their eyes, then take me to the clean camp where I'm whipped if I even LOOK at a bowl of ice cream. :laugh:

Really? That happens? Are they ninjas? Chill out betty sue, no one is going to castrate you for eating pizza. Saying that healthy food doesn't taste good is the reason our nations are the way they are. Back to basics, if you don't want to eat clean, then don't. I can guarantee you though all those people that you look at and say "damn I want to look like her"...they eat clean.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Ugh, looks like I'm doing it wrong too apparently according to the clean people. I'm not allowed to eat ANYTHING that tastes good otherwise the food police will arrest me. :grumble:

This is why "clean people" get messed with. I used to eat "dirty" and still do on occasion...but taking out the boxed, premade, processed foods out of my diet as much as possible has lowered my sodium, has given me more energy, and i don't have to worry about carbs or anything else because 90% of the ones I am getting are the "good kind" anyway so why give me/us crap? I did not tell you, nor did I see anyone else saying your way was wrong. All I saw was opinions. and just so you know...if you can't get your "clean" food to taste good...well then it is your fault for not knowing how to cook and flavor things. because all those "dirty" foods...well those are all cooked and flavored with "clean" things...then they are over processed to "enhance" the flavor and to stay "fresh" longer.

That's the thing, America processes the vast majority of the foods in one way or another that unless you grow the veggies yourself, it's impossible to get 100% natural food. Even vegetables are treated with pesticides most of the time.

What the hell is "clean" food anyway? Every time I think something's clean I get attacked saying that nooooo that'll make you faaaaat. I wash my veggies before cooking them, does that make them clean? Maybe I should just drink water for the rest of my life, unless well water will make me fat too. :/
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    How am I underestimating? My BMR is 1816. I added 50 calories when I found out I was pregnant and every Monday from here on out I am adding 11 calories which will put me right around 400 extra calories at the end of my pregnancy which is right around where I need to be. I weigh every single thing I eat to the T.

I meant that in general, it looks like you're underestimating the calories in the food you eat.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE! Everything I eat is followed EXACTLY off the nutrition info on the package. And everything I eat is WEIGHED ON A SCALE according to SERVING SIZE ON PACKAGE
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I can guarantee you though all those people that you look at and say "damn I want to look like her"...they eat clean.

So true, clean eating rocks
  • parias1126
    parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    And for the record, I'm well aware that I don't eat "clean."

I am a single woman who lives alone and I find when I buy everything "clean", a lot of stuff goes to waste because I can't consume it all in a reasonable amount of time. I can't tell you how much money I have lost by throwing away fresh fruits and vegetables, gallons of milk, loaves of bread because they turned rotten and moldy. I'd rather eat as "well" as I can without wasting money.

That's really not a valid excuse. I have 5 people in my house, but the kids don't necessarily eat my "healthy foods". You can buy smaller portions of the healthy food when your at the store and don't overshop. There are ways to do it.

I do have a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich each day just because I really need it. I have had issues letting go of the sugar and was very addicted to it. If I could get rid of the Skinny Cow, I would. I would much rather eat all the healthy foods. Since I have stopped eating all the ice cream and sweets everyday like I was before changing my lifestyle, I was depressed and lazy! I truly believe that you can be skinny and be unhealthy. That isn't the way I want to feel and that isn't my goal in this lifestyle change. After reading what someone posted on this thread that the Skinny Cows have a lot of chemicals, etc. in them, I will not buy them again after this. I would rather fill my sweet tooth with something a bit healthier. I guess I should start reading boxes.

Most everything else I have eaten has been greens, beans, oats, nuts, etc. and I feel absolutely wonderful. I want to lose weight and be healthy doing so. I don't need all those things in my body. I saw another post where someone said (not sure if it was the OP) that they NEED to consume the extra not so healthy stuff because otherwise they wouldn't meet their calorie goal. Lousy excuse too! The other day I was under my calorie goal and went to the kitchen and cooked up some veggies! Delicious!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    What the hell is "clean" food anyway? Every time I think something's clean I get attacked saying that nooooo that'll make you faaaaat. I wash my veggies before cooking them, does that make them clean? Maybe I should just drink water for the rest of my life, unless well water will make me fat too. :/

Clean food is food that is right out of the ground. Or food that has a parent.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I don't know what "clean" food you're eating, but my "clean" food tastes delicious. Certainly better than anything that comes in a box/bag/drive-thru.
  • Onesnap
    Options

THAT MAKES NO SENSE! Everything I eat is followed EXACTLY off the nutrition info on the package. And everything I eat is WEIGHED ON A SCALE according to SERVING SIZE ON PACKAGE

Do you eat food that does not come in a box or a bag? Food that can't be scanned by the MFP bar code scanner on the app? Not trying to be rude. Just curious.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    But those aren't clean foods,therefore you're destroying your health

This is the way I feel too. I won't put anyone down for feeling otherwise, but it's not the lifestyle I choose to live. For me, it's more about WHAT I put in my body and knowing where it came from, how it was processed, etc.

lol hes being highly sarcastic just fyi
  • Erisad
    Options

SO unless it's loaded with garbage it tastes like @ss?

It doesn't always. I like salmon and spinach for example but sometimes I crave things because they taste good, like chocolate or pizza. But after a while, I get sick of eating healthy ALL the time. It gets boring. You can only eat salad, chicken and fish for dinner so many times before you want something else but NO. I'm not allowed to eat anything else because the clean people will find me and burn down my kitchen as it's unholy in their eyes, then take me to the clean camp where I'm whipped if I even LOOK at a bowl of ice cream. :laugh:

Really? That happens? Are they ninjas? Chill out betty sue, no one is going to castrate you for eating pizza. Saying that healthy food doesn't taste good is the reason our nations are the way they are. Back to basics, if you don't want to eat clean, then don't. I can guarantee you though all those people that you look at and say "damn I want to look like her"...they eat clean.

Really? I feel like I'm getting attacked here right now. I get panic attacks almost every time I post in these forums because everyone attacks how I eat and how I live. I lost 56 pounds but clearly that's not good enough for you people. I have to be a ****ing vegan supermodel to get respect around here.
  • Onesnap
    Options

I don't know what "clean" food you're eating, but my "clean" food tastes delicious. Certainly better than anything that comes in a box/bag/drive-thru.

And homemade ice cream is so tasty and does not include weird preservatives or things made in a lab. :) You know what goes in it (because you made it) and it's easy to log.
  • seardefilip
    Options
    I know what you're sayin'!
    You think I'm gonna give up my chocolate and pizza? NO!!
    I have NOT denied myself of anything and I'm down 20lbs!
    Moderation is key!

THIS- :)
  • Erisad
    Options

So meat, fruit and veggies and that's it? No olive oil? No natural cheeses? No bread at all? Even whole grain breads? Not a lot of room for variety. :/
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I also love the false dichotomy between eating fast food every other day, as well as junk food sometimes several times a day, and the perfectly clean-eating food gestapo whom you envision to be encroaching upon your rights as a citizen.
  • rmillsaps04
    Options
    I'm so tired of seeing "I can't eat pasta. I can't eat fast food. I can't eat ice cream. I can't eat fruit. I can't have this. I can't have that."

Seriously. This is why people don't "diet" because they think they're only going to live on lettuce and nuts.

I eat pasta.
    I drank booze (can't now because I'm pregnant).
    I eat ice cream EVERY DAY. Yes, EVERY SINGLE DAY (and have for 7 months now)
    I eat fast food.
    Heck, I'll even have that 1000 calorie burrito from Chipotle.

And yes! I LOST WEIGHT. And how did I do it?

BY WORKING MY *kitten* OFF.

Did I really want that burrito? You bet I did. But I exercised to earn it.

Do I REALLY eat ice cream EVERY DAY? Sure do. I remember the days I would down half a container of Breyer's. Not anymore. The key is portion control. I get the Skinny Cow. Actually, right now I have full fat, full calorie TRIPLE CHOCOLATE DRUMSTICKS in my freezer. I had one last night, and golly, I made it fit into my plan.

*gasp* PASTA?! OH NO. Yes, I eat pasta and I do regularly. I'll usually have 1.5-2 servings of cheese ravioli WITH sauce PLUS vegetables with butter!

My macros are set at 45-35-20 and I hit them almost every day on point with calories to spare at the end of the day! Today - my macros came all to 0 at the end of the day.

You CAN eat all the "evil" foods. It's not a "diet", it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and the key to a lifestyle change is to enjoy everything you enjoy, but to adapt them in a way to make them fit into your new lifestyle.

Amen to this!
  • Onesnap
    Options

Really? I feel like I'm getting attacked here right now. I get panic attacks almost every time I post in these forums because everyone attacks how I eat and how I live. I lost 56 pounds but clearly that's not good enough for you people. I have to be a ****ing vegan supermodel to get respect around here.

Actually, now that you mention it the vegans I know are pretty damn good looking. I'm actually not vegan (I'm an ethical carnivore) but I eat a lot of vegetarian and vegan meals. Also, pizza (mentioned earlier) can be healthy when it's made at home and topped with lots of veggies and humanely raised meat. :) (said meat has less fat than factory farmed meat). It's all what you put on the pizza...and as always pizza is a better takeout choice compared to Chinese food.
  • IStop4Stamps
    IStop4Stamps Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I truly agree that weight loss is a real math game: if you eat less calories than you burn you'll lose weight - so it really doesn't matter what you eat - the math makes the weight loss come off. You do need to find a balance though (too much of a calorie deficit will cause the body to slow the metabolism and stop burning fat).

However, I also believe that nutrition is important to other things (outside of just weight loss) related to how the body runs and works every day. So a bit of research will tend to surface a few general rules that will faciliate a healthy body (not just a light body). So I have a few things I don't eat - or I eat very rarely.

It's all about education, awareness, and balance. And I have to admit it is a challenge. :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

So meat, fruit and veggies and that's it? No olive oil? No natural cheeses? No bread at all? Even whole grain breads? Not a lot of room for variety. :/

Olive oil, cheese and bread are all processed, therefore they are bad for you. Pretty simple actually
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options

Do you eat food that does not come in a box or a bag? Food that can't be scanned by the MFP bar code scanner on the app? Not trying to be rude. Just curious.

By that statement alone that means I wouldn't be able to eat whole grain pasta, cheese, loaves of bread. Golly, all those things come in boxes and bags!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    In general there are two camps:

(1) The important thing is what you eat.
    (2) The important thing is how much you eat.

The "what" people will never understand the "how much" people. And vice versa.

I'm a "how much" person, and it's worked great for me. If it stopped working, I'd investigate becoming a "what" person.