Staying motivated... how do you all do it?!

Options
124»

Replies

• georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    holy crap, I leave my computer for an hour and come back to an overwhelming flood of support/advice.

Thanks so much you all! It is ALL helpful and inspiring. I actually have implemented a lot of these things in my daily life and seeing a lot of new ideas is really wonderful.

It's funny someone mentioned a 5k because I have signed up for 3 of them! (One is in 2 weeks... so if you all never hear from me again after July 28th... you'll know I died a valiant runner's death in a ditch somewhere in Florida... haha.)

Seriously though, all the advice is SO appreciated and I can't wait to hear what else you have to say and to hear/read all of your ideas and success stories!

Feel free to add me if you wanna!
  • raycolvin
    raycolvin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In a group with others who are striving for the same thing:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7044-ripped-in-30-challenge-summer-2012
  • apriljmcmillan
    apriljmcmillan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated and consistent is definitely my #1 BIGGEST obstacle.

I need to make more friends on here and hopefully the accountability will help me make this a higher priority. I know how important it is in my head, yet, when I am feeling the crunch of busyness, healthy habits are the first thing to get elbowed out. This has to stop!

My personal goal for the past several years has been to get stronger and build muscle and discipline in preparation for (hopefully soon) conceiving a baby! And I keep letting....whatever....get in my way. THIS year has to be the year I get my act together!

I've been a loner in my workout journey most of the time, and I'm finally starting to understand why so many people swear by group stuff.... I thought it was about socializing, but now I see it's about staying in the game!!