Where are all the moms? Come...introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• jerriebone
    Options
    1) I have 2 girls, Stephanie (10) and Ava (4)
    2) 2 is it for us
    3) both pregnacies were good; both natural
    4) I love to go walking and all kinds of exercises
    5) My motivation is to life better for my family and help my kids grow up healthy
  • vegafalling
    vegafalling Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1. Hi, My name is Becka I am 30 and my son just turned one(Charles).
    2. I plan to have one more child, probably start trying soon!
    3. My pregnancy was great until the last trimester, I swelled terribly. Despite that I worked up until the day I went to the hospital to have him though that didn't really go as planned. I had to go in and be induced due to a hole in the amniotic sac. The delivery process was long, about 28 hours, and Charles struggled with some adaptive issues for the first week but has been awesome and healthy ever since!
    4. I try to exercise after work each night, but it can be tough since I am home alone with Charles because me and his daddy work opposite shifts to cut down on child care costs.
    5. I want to lose the weight that I gained in pregnancy, and be a happy fit mom who can keep up with a really active little boy!

Friend me, I need the motivation too!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish) Annabelle is almost 2 1/2, Gillian is almost 11 months
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? I'd love one more, but realistically, 2 is enough
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? With Annabelle, had low PAPP-A, a succinate placenta (extra lobe), the normal morning sickness, and developed carpal tunnel syndrome severe enough to put me off of work at 28 weeks (I manage retail, and couldn't do any part of my job other than customer service), weight gain was well within normal (around 20 pounds to 30ish weeks when bp issues started piling on the water weight. I was induced at 38w2d due to PIH/pre-e, easy peasy labor and delivery (5 hours from starting pitocin to having her in my arms. With Gillian, fairly normal pregnancy, developed severe spd and si joint instability that put me off work at 30 weeks, and she was born at 38w1d after 6ish hours of labor - she was screaming as soon as her head was out:)
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? I do a lot of walking with the girls in the stroller (I'm Canadian so still on mat leave), and when my husband gets home from work I go to the gym for more intense Cardio and lifting.
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? To be an awesome role model for my girls - I never want them to struggle the way I have.
  • Theresa_Potter
    Options
    You all make me feel bad!!
    No, we don't plan on anymore.
    Easy pregnancies with all of them. All natural births for all 5 of them.
    My motivation is to look great, feel great and be as sexy as I can for my husband.
    I really can't fit exercise in during the summer, but do what I can during the school year in the morning.
  • mrsH09
    mrsH09 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    2 children: 9weeks old and 21months old.
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future?
    yup hoping to have 2 more probably but gonna take a lil break :) hopefully
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery?
    pregnancies were great, deliveries were fast, only a few pushes for each and no pain meds..
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise?
    after they are in bed or my hubby watches them while I go walking'
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit?
    To be here for my children for a long time, to be fit, look good for the hubby! do my job (as a nurse) better.
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    1. I have one daughter who is 7 months old.
    2. We're planning on 2 more kids, possibly adopting.
    3. Pregnancy was okay. I gained a ton of weight (hence being on here) and was pretty miserable and swollen at the end. Delivery was not so great. Labor for 36 hours which ended in a c-section. It was all worth it to get my baby girl though.
    4. I normally work out after she goes to bed or right after work while she is still with my parents.
    5. I want to be fit because I want to be a good example for my daughter, and mom jeans are ugly! I want my body back :)
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? One child, Thomas, 4 1/2 years old.

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? No.

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Very easy pregnancy until the end. My son was born 7 weeks early and spent two weeks in the NICU. My delivery was fast--however, I had to convince the ER people that I wasn't sick with the flu, but that in fact I was in labor. Once they actually checked me (three hours after I came in), they determined that I was, after all, actually having a baby.

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? Early morning. That's the only time I can do it. My husband is not an early riser and prefers to exercise in the evening. I get up between 4:30-5:00 a.m. most weekday mornings, get my exercise done, get my child up by 7:00 for school, and my husband up. By 7:45 my husband and child have to be out the door, and I can then shower and get ready for work.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? I'm an older mom (I was 38 when my son was born). My motivation is to keep up with my son and be healthy for him.
  • gwendy09
    gwendy09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my kids are 4 (girl), 2 (boy) and they mean the world to me :-)
    We are happy with just 2 but if god send us another one we would not say no :-)
    My first pregnancy was not so good I was sick from day one til I deliver the second obe I was only sick the 1st trimester they were both natural deliveries and each one of those pregnancies left me with 10 unwanted pounds.
    We just recently join golds gym and they offer free child care so now I dont have an excuse to not work out :-) I also bought me a fit bit wich motivate me to keep moving :-)
    My main motivation is to feel and look great yes I want to be the hot mama but also to motivate my kids they are lazy because I was lazy I want us to become an active family and let my kids find a world outside the tv box and our very comfy couch :-)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    1-Christopher, 3 years old
    No, see reason 3.
    Emergency c-section. I am an epileptic and was high risk to begin with. He bounced around so much the day I was giving birth he got his cord tied in a knot. The dr. said you are delivering now. I started freaking out and they had to give me something to calm me down so I wouldnt have a seizure. We both almost died so I never will have another child. I spent 5 days there and in was in the special care unit for 3 days. I didn't even get to hold him for 2 hours.I was blessed once.
    When he's at school. Whenever I can. My gym has a babysitter thankfully.
    Myself. I want to be here for my hubby and my 3 year old. I want to set an example of exercise and eating well. My 3 year old has never even been to a fast food restaurant.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    1. Age?

I'm 27, and I have an almost 8 month old, Oliver.

2. More kids?

I definitely want at least four more!

3. Labor/delivery?

Pregnancy was a blast! Hardly any nausea. I felt sexier and healthier than I ever did before getting pregnant.
    Labor was, well... labor. 5 hrs no meds, then stuck at 5cm for 2 hrs. Got the epidural and and drop pf pitocin, and had him 6 hrs later. 13 hrs total. Only about 20 min active pushing.

4. Exercise?

During baby's morning nap, at around 9am.

5. Motivation?

To be a hot-*kitten* MILF!!! To look good in all my bikinis again, and make my husband's jaw drop. :)
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Rachel 13
    Dani 6
    Jamie Jr 1 1/2

No, Had my tubes tied, plus being pregnant at 35, the Dr's make you feel like you are so dang old!

They induced my oldest, saying she would be too big to have naturally if she made it to full term, but her heart rate kept dropping, so they did an emergency csection. I never felt any contractions. The other two were easy...I picked a date! My son, Jamie, has his dad's name and birthdate :)

I clean houses, so pretty much work out for 6 hours a day, but walk with the family and do arobics tapes at home when I have time to myself.

My daughter, Dani, is on her way to being overweight, and it scares me. I want to be able to run and play with them, and my kids see excersize as fun!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

1.) Maille 4, Violet 1
    2.)mebbie if we adopt
    3.)the 1st was worse than the second
    4.) when ever i can
    5.) wear my pre baby clothes
  • KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    (1) age 36, two girls age 4 and 14 months
    (2) definitely no - am a sort of SAHM trying to WFH and very very difficult!
    (3) first one, two hour natural delivery with gas and pethidine, second one, one hour drug free natural delivery - I think it's because of the amount of exercise I did with both pregnancies!
    (4) Three times a week I run, starting at around 530 to 6 (very lucky that both of girls sleep until about 7 or so), and at night I work out after they sleep (if I can be bothered)
    (5) initially weight loss (unlike other mothers, I gained weight while breastfeeding, so very depressing), now just being able to run faster and longer (HM in September, hoping to do M by 2014)

Feel free to add me!
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

My answers:
    1.) I'm a mother of one and she's 15 1/2
    2.) No more kids. I was 39 when I had her. Took me 6 years to get pregnant. Tried for a second one but after 2 years I started menopause and sadly couldn't have another.
    3.) My pregnancy was awesome. I didn't know I was in labor until I went to the hospital and they told me I was. I thought I was just in a new phase of being uncomfortable.
    4.) I exercise before work. During the school year I drop my daughter off at school at 7:30 and am at the gym by 7:50 am.
    5.) I need to stay alive until my daughter is out of college and settled. I want to keep my husband. I want to feel good for the rest of my life.
  • Janet55555555555
    Options
    Hi My Name is Janet:

I have two daughters: Sarah who will be 18 in a few weeks and Olivia is 16.
    I will be 48 in two months.

No more kids are planned.

My first pregancy was great. I had morning sickness and my gained 45 pounds. My second pregnancy was 21 pounds. Both deliveries were C-section.

I exercise at the gym on my day off and weekends.

I want to be healthy for my coming 50s.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? I have 2 girls, 10 and 7.

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? NOOO...no no no. LOL I had a tubal after I had my youngest

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Both pregnancies were hard. I had a 6 day bout with full body hives both times and had kidney stones with both as well. Plus being overweight and pregnant is hard to begin with. Both c-sections, first was an emergency one.

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? I am a SAHM, so whenever the kids are in school.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? To be more energized, sleep better & fit into all the smaller clothes I have, as well as turn my husband on. I just keep reminding myself that I only have one life to live and when I'm dying, I don't want to regret the things I didn't do because I was fat.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1. have 5 kids ages 6,5,4,2,and 3 months
    2. You never know....:)
    3. My pregnancies and deliveries were rather "easy" My first I was in transition for 4 hours and then pushed 2.5 hours b/f he was delivered with the aid of a vaccuum extracter, my middle 3 were all pretty quick, my last I fell and sprained my foot, wrist and tailbone 2 days b/f he was born so we induced to get him out so we could xray to see if my tailbone was broken (it was his duedate anyway, and I had some wierd nausea stuff I had never had before and my doc thought my gall bladder was to blame so wanted to get baby out so we could see if I needed GB out too). That was my only epidural i ever had......
    4. I try to exercise at 5 am b/f they are up at 6, otherwise try to fit it in during the day or at night
    5.I want to be healthier and more fit, and a good example to my kids. PLus there are a ton of health issues on both sides of my family :(
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1 daughter just turned 13 a couple of weeks ago.

shes my little miracle baby. I went to hell and back to get her and i'm 54... um. no thanks! Although I wanted a big family, this works.

high risk pregnancy due to my age, 14 months of fertility drugs and multiple miscarriages and a couple of surgeries
    Delivery - hmm, she was breech and apparently liked living in my tummy, a lot... but the actual deliver part, that was great. No problems.

Most days I can at least go for a walk - when she was younger - she went with me, now a lot are while i'm waiting for her to finish one sport or another - between basketball games, during football games, lots of time choices now

She deserves a healthy mom and I deserve to be fit and healthy.
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Two kiddies - Both boys: Caleb - 6 years old and Jacob - 3 years old

More children are not in the works! Two boys makes hand-me-downs and splitting things cake.. usually.

#1 - Prenancy was spent working 6-7 days a week, minimum of 15 hrs a day.. on my feet.. Was put on bed rest for the last 2 weeks. Other than that, I gained 75ish pounds, but w/e. no sickness, just constant hunger. Was given and emergency C-section after 12 hours of labor. I was on pitocin, the little monster refused to drop, and his head was starting to swell. I had 12 HOURS of being rolled from side to side and being propped on rolled towels to make that baby budge. And he just absolutely refused. Also, despite the pitocin, I didn't fully dilate. I was 9.5 on one side, 10 on the other.
    #2 - Breeziest breeze of a pregnancy ever. Planned C - section, due to monster #1. Only gained 22 this go'round.

But, I was already at the +200 mark due to gaining the 75 lbs with #1 and only losing about half.

This depends on work. If I am off, I try to do it before dinner. If I worked, I *try* to do approx. an hoursih after dinner.. but, more often that not, I end up waiting until both kiddies are in bed and the hubby has left for work.

A few reasons here...
    1 - I want to set a good example for my children
    2 - I want to look good/be a sexy mama
    3 - I want to feel good about myself
  • Xited
    Xited Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?
    Our little one is 10 months old

Would love to have one more

Had a great pregnancy, post op however my BP went through the roof and I am still trying to get it under control as it still spikes from time to time

Usually after lunch, baby and I go for long walks and in the evening when hubby gets home

Mainly to be healthy and fit so that I am able to keep up and be an example for our little princess. It would be nice to fit into my main wardrobe again as its currently difficult to find things to wear without buying bigger clothes.