Where are all the moms? Come...introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Winfrey
    Mrs_Winfrey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

1. I have one son named Avery, and he will be 5 in October!
    2. I got married to the man of OUR dreams in April, and we definitely want more kids! We are thinking 2 more :)
    3. My pregnancy with Ave was amazing. I felt so beautiful, had very little problems, gained 18 pounds (I was only 19 when I got pregnant mind you) and it was an amazing journey. The delivery wasn't the greatest. 14 hours after being induced at 5 am I had my precious little one and he (hate to be gory) practically ripped me open. No warning, just...ow. But I am so grateful for him, my wound is healed and I have the most sweetest little boy ever!
    4. I have to fit my exercise in late at night, usually around 9 at the very earliest during the week as my husband and I both have 1hour+ commutes to and from work. So with dinner and spending time together after work, it can get a little late! On the weekends I try to get up before my boys, usually around 7 or so and workout before they get up:)
    5. My main motivation for exercising, eating right, and staying in shape is to be able to be like my mother. She is 52 and has ALWAYS been in fantastic shape, even if she isn't a gym rat. She is one of the most active, lively people I know and I really strive to be just like her!
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    I have 7 kids ages 13,11,10,8,4,3,18 months 5 boys 2 girls
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? nope I had a hysterectomy
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Very bad LOL my last one I had a placenta abruption
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? i walk a lot with my kids
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? to keep up with them and be a sexy momma
  • laurennburcham
    laurennburcham Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)
    3 yrs old - Roxane
    3 Months old - Blaine (Max)

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future?
    Maybe..not right now though

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery?
    Roxane was a emergency c-section and Max was a VBAC

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise?
    Where I'm in the military we have Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 1500-1600 (3pm - 4pm) to work out

(5.) What is your main motivation to be fit?
    My children and where I'm medical personnel it makes more sense that I'm in shape.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    One daughter
    Just turned 15
    No more for me!!

I have alot of time for exersize, my daughter an I do it together.

I was one of those lucky women , no problems with pregnancy or birth. No stretch marks only small amount of weight gain and lost the baby weight within a month, but then again I was super skinny and young when I had her.
  • erincampbell9
    erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    4 children, 17,9, and twins who are 6

No, I think 4 is plenty ;-)

Sicker than crap with them all but carried them all 38 weeks or more, even my twins.

I have to go to work super early, on the road by 6 am so I am an evening exerciser. I like to go right after work (3:00) if it's not too hot but lately I go about 7 when my kids are at practice.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit?
    To feel good about myself and to be healthy. I want my kids to continue to lead an active lifestyle and ee even "old" people can be fit!
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options

1- 5 children: Collin almost 18, Tristian & Taylor 15, (Step children) Charles 16, Kiranda 12- they all live with us
    2- No more children
    3- 1st was great, 2nd was on bedrest the whole time with the twins
    4- whenever I can
    5- to be healthy and be around when my children start having children. To have the energy I need to keep up with them!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    1.) Christian Jayden 4, Jordan Aaron 4, Aidan Carter 6 months

2.) As of now no more kids, 3 is a good number, but who knows , nothing soon though

3.) Pregnancy was a little rough, delivered via c-section which was fine other than the anesthesiologist havong to stick me twice and had some lasting effects from that

4.) I run in the mornings, my husband takes the kids to school and daycare and aftedr i get them ready and on their way I go for a run

5.) My motivation is my family, wanting to be healthy and live to see my grandchildren
  • mvasallo
    mvasallo Posts: 57
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?
    I have 3 children. Zaporah Lorrine-Renaye is 4 1/2, Isaac Eamon is 2 & Selah Sophia is 1
    At this point in time I truly believe I'm content with 3 children.
    With my first pregnancy was normal, instead of my water breaking it spang a leak instead :wink: it was after my due date so I was induced. With my son I had issues with my insurance so by the time I found a doctor who believed me, at least enough to test, that my son was almost 3 weeks overdue. There was calcium deposits on my amniotic sac. The doctor said he was scared what would have happened if they had let me go to my projected due date which was still 2 weeks away. With my last baby my water broke for the first time, but a month early. She had to stay one night in the hospital without me. I was devastated. I have a new found place in my heart for all those mothers with babies in the NICU.
    I try to exercise while my youngest is napping & my two oldest are watching movie. I also try to get some cardio in when they are all in bed to decompress from the day.
    To have my confidence back. Nobody wants to be around the grouchy, insecure girl..especially not my kids! :smile:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tina. I'm 25yrs old. Happily married and have one little princess.

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? 1 little princess who will be 4 in November. Madilyn Jade

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? Not at the moment (if I have anything to say about it yes but trying to compromise with my husband)

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? My pregnancy was amazing. I only gained 7lbs and my daughter was 6lbs 12oz! Yes I had some issues was on bed rest a couple of times and had quite a bit of pelvic/pubic pain but I LOVED being pregnant. And my daughter was breech so I had to have a c-section. That was horrible. Hated it. But would go through it again in a heart beat.

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? Some days it's before work some days it's after work. I just make time for it.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? Well my daughter and husband but mostly myself. I have an amazing life yet I'm SO unhappy with me. Once I get healthy and like looking at myself I will be happy and it will reflect in my everyday life.
  • SunShyneBright
    Options
    Sophia 13
    Frank Aaron 9 months

Yes, I want one more :)

First one was great second one was scary, lots of bleeding and almost lost him. Delivery was better second time around!

Currently am trying to figure that out. Maybe very early, because I am to tired after work.

Play with my children and be role model.
    And better sex!! Sex as a larger person is harder and kinda not as much fun for me :(

I am hoping to find some people on here to share my weight loss journey with. All my girlfriends are in shape or to busy to focus on weight loss :)
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Just the one; a nearly-7-year-old boy called Christian
    No, no, no lol
    During the pregnancy I had no abnormal difficulties. I was in labour from 7pm the saturday evening to 6:42am monday morning. Natural birth, with a pethidine injection & gas and air.
    Whenever I can. Generally mornings or after bedtime.
    I want to look good, instead of bleagh. I want to run around, and play football, and ride bikes with my son. :smile:
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have two daughters: Sammie is 5 and Michaela is 3

Nope. Two is plenty for me.

Sammie was a 24 hour nightmare. Michaela came within 8 hours of being induced.

4:30am

It's all them. I want to be my best for them. Be here a LONG time for them. Be more active for them and someday, be here for their own daughters.
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?
    Amanda - 14
    Kieran - 12 (living with his father tho so dont see him)

Who knows what the future will bring if I ever meet the right man

First one went well even though 2 weeks over the due date, 16 hour labour and an epidural. Second one no real problems, painful natural birth lol

When my daughter is at school is my best time or I just get her to come walking with me if I can tear her away from facebook lol

To be a good role model and to lessen the risks of diabetes like my mum has, and of course to be happy with my body.
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? One son who will be 3 in August.

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? If and when we can afford it, we definitely want to give him ONE sibling. I am getting older, and the economy is not getting any better, so we're getting to the go-time point. I figure I have about 18 more months to decide.

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Pregnancy was fantastic, just the usual symptoms of 1st tri exhaustion and 3rd tri pelvic pain. My delivery was not what I was trying for: I had hoped to deliver med-free, but had to be induced at 41w2d because my amnio was low and he had stopped growing around 40 weeks, meaning placental breakdown. Unfortunately, after 24 hours of labor I had made almost zero progress despite my doc saying I was having contractions plenty strong enough to move a baby! I ended up with a c-section. My physical recovery was super-easy, my emotional recovery took a while. I hope to be a good VBAC candidate for my second pregnancy.

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? Mostly in the evening. 2x a week DH does bedtime duty while I head to the gym, once a week my mom babysits so we can go together, and then I try for at least 1-2 weekend b/t Fri-Sun.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? My health. But also b/c Nora Ephron said age 34 is when you have to stop wearing a bikini and I just turned 33, so my chances are dwindling. ;)
    I think you can wear a bikini as long as you want! I'm going on my first mexican resort vacation a month after my 34th b-day and I'm working my butt off doing insanity so I can wear that bikini with pride!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options

My answers:
    1.) I'm a mother of two. I have a 8 yr old son named Isaac, and an 6 month old daughter named Aspen. : )
    2.) No more kids. Hysterectomy on May
    3.) My pregnancies were ok. Preeclampsia with my son, induced about 3 weeks early. Good pregnancy with my daughter, HORRIBLE delivery - placenta attached wrong and was stuck inside my uterus. Came out in pieces. After delivery I was hemmoraging horribly! Placenta pieces still stuck in uterus (for 3 months) Yes, had contractions for 3 months after delivery! Labor broke my tailbone!! Epidural didn't go good either! After a D & C in March, and a Hysterectomy in May, I'm better now! Tailbone still hurts but it's healing too!
    4.) I exercise in the evening. I walk/jog a lot and when I get time I try to do other workouts.
    5.) My main motivation is to be a good role-model to my kids. I want to be a hot mom and wife!!!
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This threads is packed to the hilt with MILFs.

Thank you! :blushing:
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1.) Cord 21, Joseph 20 and Courtney 16 going on 21! HA!

2.) This baby maker is closed!! ;-) Wanted 5-6 God blessed me with the 3 loves of my life!

3.) Ok..Cord weighed 10 101/2oz!! Gained 75lbs with that kid! Had a C-Section due to complications with him. The other 3 were planned C-sections as well.

4.) Oh, it's so hard to find the time!! I try my best to squeeze something in at least 3-4 times a week :-/ Something I'm working on now...

5.) My 3 kids!! To feel better about myself! Lost my mother at 50 of heart disease and THAT scares me to death!! I want to be healthy, here for my kids and the grandbabies, of course :-)
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish) : Miles, 1 year old
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? No.
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Long, drawn out, uncomfortable, nothing went right. but ended up with an amazing little guy!
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? while at work, before i go to work, after my sons in bed.
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? my son
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I thought this post was for moms with much younger children, but that wasn't specified, so here goes:

I have three children of my own (1 son, Lucas who's celebrating his 31st birthday today and 2 daughters, Demi, age 27, and Nicole, age 24). I also have 2 stepchildren, Danielle, age 34, and Ernie Jr., 31.

Absolutely not :noway: I'm enjoying my grandchildren!

All three births were natural deliveries. During my last pregnancy, I gained more than 60lbs and of course, she was my biggest baby, weighing in at almost 9lbs!

I try to do 30 minutes on the elliptical in the morning before heading to work. If not, I do it in the evening after I get home from work. I either workout at home or go to the gym.

My family! They are the best family ever and I want to enjoy being with them as long as possible!