Do you weigh yourself everyday? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, same time when I get up on a morning. it keeps me on track or gives me a reminder to try a bit harder today. :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I don't even own a scale and like it that way. I weigh myself every couple weeks (roughly) when I visit my parents. I'm already constantly thinking about calories. I don't need another number to look at everyday.
  • lollilady
    lollilady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself twice a week that way it doent put a downer on rest of my week i just try my hardest to stay positive and focused
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    No the weight you lose or gain in the course of a day is nothing but water weight so I don't stress or rejoice about it. I found I was getting the scale after a light day or a run in humid weather and see I weighed two pounds less ten I did earlier or the day before then I'd over eat and be up 3 pounds the next day and feel like crap. It's all water weight. The way I see it weight loss/gain over the course of a day is nothing to be proud of or freak out about bc it doesnt mean much. But to each his own.
    I weigh myself weekly. That way I know if I am truly losing and it's not due to water weight or anything like that. I weight myself every Sunday morning before I eat anything.
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and log the weight once a week.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh once a week, but I will get on the scale now and then during the week just out of curiosity. Sometimes it depresses me, sometimes it's good incentive to do better. I think it's all about what works best for your own mindset.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Monday am's at the gym. I do it then b/c I go early on Mondays. If I was going early on Tuesdays I'd do it then b/c I think Mondays are hard if you drank over the weekend and water and yadda yadda. I generally weight 1/2 to 1 lb less on Tuesdays. :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but only log when the scale hits a new low. My weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a week, but the lows keep getting lower, and the highs likewise.

I don't get upset when I spike, though I do get a touch cranky if I get too close to 170...
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    No way. It gives me anxiety when I gain here in there. Weight fluctuates with water weight and stuff so it's kind of pointless. I do weigh 1 or 2 times a week though. Although my scale is broken right now so it's been a couple weeks. :/
  • skinnygirl078
    skinnygirl078 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I definitely weigh every morning, before breakfast.
    I do it because even if I may gain an ounce or lose a few, it's good to keep track of the little things you are doing- That way you don't wait a week and find out you've gained, you can learn on the way to prevent it.
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning actually because of weight fluctuations. I am breastfeeding and very sensitive to water retention due to sodium intake. I started weighing myself once per week but if I happened to do it on a "bad" day, I was getting very discouraged. Weighing myself every day lets me see my general trend instead of one bad number because I was carrying more fluid at the time.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Once a cycle. One week after TOM.Anything more is meaningless usually
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself every single morning. Why? because it motivates me. If I did good the day before the scale shows it, if I didn't do so good, it also shows it and motivates me to work harder. My official weigh in is Saturday morning, but I like to know where I'm at daily!!
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    I Weigh myself everyday. I Dont get upset if its the same or more. Im a work in progress and im fine with that.
  • xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Options
    Everyday, but I log every 2 weeks. Personally, it motivates me jumping on the scale everyday.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. But I log every 2 weeks. FOr me, I like to look at the numbers on the scale because I probably havent been this light since high school lol. ANd im still pretty big. But im taking it one step at a time. Still proud of myself :)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. It would ruin my day if it went up just from normal fluctuations. I log every 3-4 weeks.
  • littlecesar
    Options
    I weight myself every morning.....I take off the pjs and get on in my undies only!!! Yeah it does drive me nuts, and I'm obsessive about it, but it's the only way I keep on track. I do only record it once per week though. I know all about the flucuations....but who cares?!!!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    This is why I personally do not weigh myself everyday, this is how I feel about the scale.

scale.jpg
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    No, every other week. I would go bonkers if I checked it every day. Plus, I go a lot more by how my clothes fit rather than the scale itself. It is not an accurate picture of my health or the changes I have made in my body.