Best low calorie ice cream?

Options

Replies

• KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned - pineapple coconut or rocky road. YUM! Tried Artic Zone, but couldn't get into it.
  • AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It isn't really ice cream but frozen yoghurt tastes better (in my opinion) and is healthier :)

I totally agree .... the chocolate frozen yogurt is my favorite!!! And it tastes just like ice cream!! :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I always preferred frozen yogurt, chapmans was my favorite and around 120 cal per half cup.
  • Jakobsmom0724
    Options
    Arctic zero. 150 cals for a whole pint.

I have tried this not bad hit the craving in the head although the texture is way off! Would eat it again!!!
  • adsumodo
    adsumodo Posts: 38
    Options
    Edy's No Sugar Added Neapolitan Ice Cream! It's Slow Churned too :) Only 90 calories per half cup!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options

best ever! i'm obsessed also!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Edy's slow churned, no sugar. But, I wanted something with less calories that I could eat with my cut up peaches or cantaloupe and found Breyers vanilla, no sugar added for only 160 calories a cup! I had some today with cinnamon sprinkled on it!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero - hands down. 150 calories for the entire pint? PLUS it has protein. No brainer.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My favorite before I was vegan was Edy's Slow Churned brand. I feel like most varieties were around 150 cal/serving. My favorite now is coconut milk ice cream and the calories are similar.

This is the one I like too. I love the chocolate. I am a chocolate freak. Can't help it. Have it every night.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned is one of my favorites.
  • lisaeuc
    lisaeuc Posts: 4
    Options
    We just found Kemp's frozen yogurt and are loving it... Very tasty stuff !
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Definitely Edy's slow churned, if I need a low cal option. However, if I'm going to have ice cream (see today's diary) I just make sure I have enough banked with exercise and all to fit it in eating regular ice cream.

I'm a bigger fan of popsicles and italian ice, though.
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    use a tasty protein powder and make your own =)

I'm intrigued! How do you do this? I would love to try!

I don't know he makes his but I buy the Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut butter whey protein from Walmart. Mix it with 8oz of 1% milk and freeze it. Let it sit for a few before you eat. After a really intense workout eat this and get your protein and feels like a treat to yourself. Yumm!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I either do Sweet Frogs or just eat regular ice cream. We all deserve a treat from time to time. Make it fit into your calories for the day, do some extra exercises. :)
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    Hubby just bought Perry's Butter Pecan no sugar added and it is GOOD! I tend to like the light ice creams but any of the sugar-free ones I have always found to be just gross. This one is really good and no after-effects.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I'd rather go for a smaller serving of a full calorie ice cream.

Ditto - 1/4 pint of B&J's Red Velvet Cake did the trick for me last week ;)
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I need to find this Arctic Zero goodness! I do eat regular ice cream quite frequently (had some Sunday in fact) but I have been craving it like crazy and can't be eating it all the time. So I need to find something more low cal for the time being.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    maybe just eat half the icecreme you normally would?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Edys Slow Churned. Definitely.

agreed.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

I have tried this not bad hit the craving in the head although the texture is way off! Would eat it again!!!

super expensive and it isn't "ice cream" --more like a frozen protein shake.