Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

The right woman for you will be the one who loves everything about you. :)
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am probably a little strange, but I honestly think most guys are attractive... I guess I am just a lover not a hater. That being said I do prefer tall guys as a partner for me. But that is because I am insecure about my own size and like to be smaller than my partner. Nothing to do with who I think is hot.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My husband is over 6ft but it had nothung to do with why I am attracted to him. I know some women like the feeling of a big manly man to protect her or because it helps her feel smaller. I dunno but I'd say the best woman for you is one who is attracted to the man you are, not what you measure.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised this thread is still going.. And natalia, I agree, if a man can't hold me up against a wall, not happening. lolllzzzz
  • GeorgiaOnlyDaughter
    Options
    I don't think all women feel that way. Me personally, I like tall men. My husband is 6'4. Before I got married I have dated shorter guys but it's just doesn't feel right when I'm standing over my date.

But again some women like tall men, some like short, some could care less. We all are different just like all men are different in their tastes.
  • chloenmiller
    chloenmiller Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend is 5'6. Sure, I would like it if he was taller, (only for the sake of me being able to rock some Steve Madden pumps at winter formal/prom), but he's a hottie anyways.. So, I don't mind!:love:
  • Neets086
    Neets086 Posts: 60
    Options
    Because I am 5'7 and in 6in heels I tower over a guy under 6ft tall. All of my serious long-term relationships have been with guys 6ft+.

Same same, i love wearing heels but my slightly shorter boyfriends at the time were forever hating me for it haha. Tall guys FTW!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

Told by whom? All of us *could* be more attractive, you know? But I think any person that tells you that isn't worth your time. Keep looking.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5. I'd prefer if my guy is taller than me!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?

My husband is an inch or so shorter than me and he is gorgeous!!

If you meet the right lady, she won't care.
    If she is so shallow that she only looks at your height and nothing else - you can do better!
  • melinadanielle
    Options
    im only 5'3 and my boyfriend is 6'3 or 6'4
    ahah, but being as tall as i am, everybody is taller than me.
    i dont really have a preference but, i do like taller boys.
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?

My husband is an inch or so shorter than me and he is gorgeous!!

If you meet the right lady, she won't care.
    If she is so shallow that she only looks at your height and nothing else - you can do better!

That's so good to hear! Some people can just be so so vain and that's fine really, to each his/her own. It's not always about looks, it's about meeting the right person. :) I'm a foot taller then my wife, but I know we didn't choose each other because of our heights. :)
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to womenS

Did it occur to you that she just wasn't into you?
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5'9 and I happen to find him VERY attractive!! Who couldn't love that smile???
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.75"....when i was younger i liked dating tall men (5'10" and up)....now adays i don't care much for how tall they are...i am perfectly content dating someone 5'6" and content dating someone 6'6".....its what inside that I love.
  • MzSturdivant
    MzSturdivant Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 my husband is 5'6. I met him in when i was in 4 inch heels! WHO CARES ABOUT HEIGHT!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am probably in the minority... I can't help it, but personally, it's just a preference for me. I'm only 4'10" so if I was looking into the eyes of a guy, I just wouldn't be attracted to him. I love the idea of a guy who would be able to tower over me.

Not to say that shorter guys can't be attractive - but for some women, yes, they prefer taller men. Just like some men like blonds, thick women, skinny women. Nothing wrong with a preference.
  • Jenni678
    Jenni678 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am not going to pretend that I read every single post in this thread but I did want to share my thoughts.

I'm a tall girl (5'11) and I only ever really dated tall guys (over 6 feet) because shorter guys would tell me I was too intimidating, especially since I don't shy away from wearing heels. I was never opposed to dating a shorter guy and I certainly didn't find them to be less attractive.

Fast forward to the present...

I have an amazing, super handsome boyfriend and I couldn't possibly be happier. Oh, and he's 5'4. ;)
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to womenS

Did it occur to you that she just wasn't into you?

LOL!!!! YES!!! "She's just not that into you" :)
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    This topic to me would be like me asking why a woman's attractiveness is defined by her bra size... Not saying it doesn't help(for some) but it's just a preferance or bonus or w/e depending on who we're talking about n who's talking about em. Currently with a 6'4 ginger, previous was 5'8(about an inch shorter than me) with dark hair.... it is what it is(though if the guy shorter than me showed insecurity with his height there would have been a problem... otherwise I don't care about height(I'm not 0% sure I'd say the same thing about a 5' or 7' person, just because I don't wanna dwarf or be dwarfed...