More office pet peeves....

Options

Replies

• hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Receipt Confirmations on e-mails! So arrogant. Not only will i not send you a read receipt, I will now not respond to your email for at least 48 hours.

I do this to one coworker in particular because he is notorious for insisting that he never got my important emails... :angry:
  • OtekahSunshield
    OtekahSunshield Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    People who bring their babies to the office to show them off. These children are too young to do anything but crap, puke, and scream at the top of their little lungs. But these new moms insist that they bring them in so everyone can fawn over them. Grats, you had a baby. The office is happy for you (I don't really care, myself). But it's really hard to concentrate on getting anything done when your spawn is screaming in my ear.

(No, I don't have kids yet. Yes, I'm aware that my opinion is not very...popular. *Dons flame retardant suit*)
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    And finally .... people who come to the office when they are sick...spread their germs to everyone and do nothing other than moan on about how sick they are STAY HOME !! I don't want to hear about what ever it is you have and I certainly don't want to catch it and if you have to be here then do some goddamn work !!

No Way!!!!! If im calling off from work, its because I have something more KICK *kitten* to do.. not lay around the house being sick.. LOL.
    But when I do go into work sick, I let my team know about it so that they can stay away if need be.. and all my projects do get done.
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We have two guys that use speaker for every conference call that are on together. They are literally one cubicle away from each other. I don't understand why they don't meet in each other's cube. The two speaker phones are like stereo annoyance for those of us who sit close.

I have to rat myself out. I get sleepy at around 2:00, so I get a cup of ice water. And I crunch the ice. That's right. I crunch the ice. It's not really that annoying because I have only one cube-mate and she does it, too.

One person mentioned the 10 minute scraping-of-the-yogurt-cup. We have the scraping-of-the-styrofoam-oatmeal-cup guy.

I also laugh at the 'TV Topics' groups. It used to be a 'Grey's Anatomy' group. Now it's the 'Walking Dead' and 'Game of Thrones' groups.

None of these things really annoys me. It work in IT and these are just the quirks of my work family. It's actually kind of endearing.

I work in IT as well. To me, it is just the users. Also note that only IT people and Drug dealers call their clients users.

Haahahahaahahaha!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    No one in my office really irks me and it's a pretty big, quiet floor with lots of cubicles. That is really making me worry that I am the annoying one....
    ^^This^^ It's a scary thought, isn't it? We don't have food stealers, nail clippers, hyenas.....I do hate automatic read-receipts, and for those people that use them on EVERY email, I go out of my way to ensure they get receipts for me receiving the email, reading the email, and deleting the email. A few have gotten the message.
    Oh, and people who send 15MB emails that shut my inbox down. For a fundraiser.
    Not a fan of calling someone and having THEM answer on speakerphone, but we don't have speakerphones at work, thankfully.
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    the guy who tells me all his weekend every monday. where he fished, how many fish he caught, how his boat ran, what tackle he used, where he is going fishihg next weekend.. yada yada.... I dont give a F**ck!! I dont fish, i dont care about your weekend exploits and I dont like you.

Wow, you must work with my husband!!!!! :laugh:
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    People who bring their babies to the office to show them off. These children are too young to do anything but crap, puke, and scream at the top of their little lungs. But these new moms insist that they bring them in so everyone can fawn over them. Grats, you had a baby. The office is happy for you (I don't really care, myself). But it's really hard to concentrate on getting anything done when your spawn is screaming in my ear.

(No, I don't have kids yet. Yes, I'm aware that my opinion is not very...popular. *Dons flame retardant suit*)
    I think it's great when someone brings their new baby in for a QUICK visit. We all work together, and this is an odd sort of extended family -- when someone goes on maternity leave for a couple months, it's nice to see them pop in and show off the munchkin. A couple minutes to ooh and ahh over the cuteness, then they should be out the door.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The guy that gossips all day long, listens in on conversations that do not involved him, tattles to the boss all the time, and shut off his compute an hour before work day is actually over...yeah this is all one dude. >:(
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    People who prop the door open then smoke right outside so the smoke cloud comes right back in the building.

How someone always breaks the ladies room toilet RIGHT before me. So when I get in there, I have to perform a minor toilet-ectomy to get the dang thing to flush.

People who say all they can afford to eat for lunch is junkie stuff then look at my food and say "Wow, that looks so good."

Just because I have a grilled chicken salad with baby spinach doesn't mean I'm rich. It's called a budget and a plan, people.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hold up. The tax deadline is 14 days away.... we should change the entire process. Lets stop working and meet about it.
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    i just thought of one that i forgot earlier...

people who deck out their offices/cubes/whatever as if its a nick-nack museum and/or make their personal space a cluttered sh-- hole. seriously, your collection of fuzzy pens, bobble heads, calendars, vendor toys, 13 photos of your dog, ect. and lack of organization with 47 post-it-notes everywhere, 20 thumb tacked documents and 12 inch high piles of papers/folders makes me want to slap you.

yes! There used to be a guy in my office who, no lie, had 4 full size FISH TANKS in his office! I'm not sure how he got away with this for so long....
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Loud talkers.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    i just thought of one that i forgot earlier...

people who deck out their offices/cubes/whatever as if its a nick-nack museum and/or make their personal space a cluttered sh-- hole. seriously, your collection of fuzzy pens, bobble heads, calendars, vendor toys, 13 photos of your dog, ect. and lack of organization with 47 post-it-notes everywhere, 20 thumb tacked documents and 12 inch high piles of papers/folders makes me want to slap you.

You would loathe my desk...and I mean hate with the white hot intensity of 1,000 suns...I have 5 Transformers, 3 rubber ducks, a sh!tload of stuffed animals, 5 Hot Wheels (including Grave Digger & Airborne Ranger), a slinky, a Mardi Gras mask, a Star Wars fighter...and of course, a ton of pix of my kids and a museum of their artwork.

My desk is surprisingly organized though. Everything has a place.
  • lavlei
    lavlei Posts: 26
    Options
    In my last job, it was the guy who was the "one-upper". You know that person. You tell a story or some kind of anctedote and one-upper guy has to tell one ten times bigger than YOU!

this.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    When my boss asks me to call a client for her because she can't stand talking to them herself. :\
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When they have that super loud laugh....like they want everyone in the building to know there laughing.... i dispise that!

As well as nail clipper people - SUPER GROSS!
    OMG! If it was really funny, then I am guilty of the laugh. If it isn't then I just smile. :PThe nail clipper thing is just nasty.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    The men who think they can totally slack off and stand around and BS about golf or whatever and talk as loudly as humanly possible. Some of us ARE trying to work!
    Women. Too many women in an office creates drama.
    Bathrooms in a public space...because some people think it's okay to spray half a can of Febreeze when they're done.
    Clients who call me once, get my voicemail, don't leave one, repeat. Repeat multiple times. Finally leave a voicemail and a minute later follow up with an email saying CALL ME PLEASE.

I can continue...but those are the ones that are a daily occurrence.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Or when they list who to contact in their absence. I contact the back up...the back up doesn't know how to do what I need. So I'm stuck waiting for the original person to return from vacation anyway...

Or worse, you get an out of office message from the back up. Who in turns says to contact the person that told you to contact them.
    This!!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    People that pee on the floor or on the toilet seat (or don't bother to flush) in the office women's bathroom. :(
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    OK - I just read through the entire thread and figured I would add my two cents. I agree with almost all of these - some more than others. BUT, the opposite of the annoying "REPLY to ALL" is when people drop people off of email threads even though they really need to be on there. I work for a large bank, and my department's work often touches multiple departments. I try to include the key people, because there really is no other way to communicate quickly and effectively on certain questions or issues that come up. Then someone will reply, but drop off half the original distribution and add six more people from THEIR department.

Another email annoyance is when people only answer part of the question, or two out of three questions...it puts new meaning to the phrase "it's like pulling teeth" to get simple answers. I'll say "please provide the account number, date, and dollar amount that you want me to research", and the answer will be "$32.61". I'll reply and say " Can you let me know the date and the account number?", and they'll respond "Jim said it hit his account" (I have no more idea who Jim is than any of you reading this). Are they stupid? Pre-occupied? Just trying to be annoying for the fun of it???

And people who change the topic in an email thread but don't bother to change the subject...or forward an email a million times, even though the subject was completely ridiculous or vague to begin with.....I'll get an email with the subject "last year's expense report", and it turns out to be someone emailing about the company picnic.