(US) Size 12/14 to a size 6/8 - please share :)

Options

Replies

• soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You women look amazing! I would love to get down to a size 8! I think i can do this and I'll take my time to get there.... I'm so excited!

thank you for sharing your photos with us!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    How tall are you?
    You're before picture kind of looks like me right now (I have a bit more size on the hips though).

Thanks, I'm 5'8" tall.
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5
    I was a size 15 in this pic. I have no idea of the weight tho.
    size15.png

Here I'm a size 5/6 127lbs
    size561.png

Here is a side by side with tummy which is my trouble area. Wahh, I wish I looked better now. But this is what I got so far.
    progress-4.png
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I started off as a size 12 (which was too snug) and am currently a size 4 (sometimes a 2 depending on the brand). Pics are in my profile. :)
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5"

Size UK 16/US 12, around 165lbs:
    1zqa9eu.jpg149to9e.jpg

Size UK 10/US 6, 127lbs:
    sermfa.jpg
    vryqs7.jpg
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone, I tried to put pics up myself but I haven't done it before and having a blonde moment so I will do it later. :)

Maybe this will work

Jen203-156.jpg
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Picture of me taken about 2 years ago when I was at my highest: size 14

4c07fec5.jpg

at my goal weight about a month ago. size 6/8

1202a0fa.jpg

edit: sorry about the size of the pic!!
  • ranae32
    ranae32 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    WOW to all of you beautiful women!! I was having a chubby "poor me" day - I can see the light again; thank you all for sharing your journey!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35 year old female and I'm 5'8.

Starting weight: 168 size 12-14

goal weight was 140 size 6

Current: 129 size 2!!!!!!!!

I workout 6x a week with weights and cardio. I also lead an active lifestyle and eat very healthy. The weight is staying off!

Good luck!
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the shot of inspiration, ladies. When you are in the middle of the journey it is hard to visualize (though I fear my middle-aged body with loads of loose skin will not end up looking as great as any of you! ). I started out as a tight 16 and feel confident now that 60 lbs will put me in the size 8 range- I am 5'9".
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.25"(have to get every little bit of height in there, lol). I started out at 185-190 lbs, size 14/16 back in Febuary. I have slowly (can I stress slowly) been losing the weight. I am now 161 lbs, size 6/8. My goal is 140 lbs or size 4 (with no muffin top and a good fit). I will try to figure out how to post pics tonight. I still have a bit to lose and a lot of firming up to do before I will be happy.

I have lost the weight by eating right around 1200 - 1500 calories, and exercising 5-6 days a week. Started with walking, moved on to 30DS, then Slim in 6, now I am doing Ripped in 30, and restarting C25K (since the weather is much cooler now).
  • PositiveEnergy
    Options
    Wow, those are amazing pics! Good job and it's definitely great motivation!
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I want to thank you guys for this thread. I'm currently a 12 and my goal is to be the size 6 I was three years ago. I'm 5'11'' and need to lose 20 or so pounds to get back there.

What I love most about this thread is that everyone got to their goals on a variety of paths. Some of you did it just by eating what you want and staying in calories, some ate clean, some lifted heavy, and some did at home DVD programs. There's so much, "this diet is the only way" and "_____ is the only way to workout and everything else is a waste of time" posts on the other boards that it can get discouraging. Even when I tell myself to ignore the noise and do what I know my body responds to, the thought that I'm doing it "wrong" still seeps in like a subliminal message and I get off track.

When I went from a 12 to a 6 in late 2008, I did it by eating sensibly and banning nothing from my diet, doing 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times per week, and using exercise DVDs that employed body weight calisthenics and light weights. After I lost the weight, I slacked off and stopped working out, so obviously I regained the weight. In January of last year when my size 12 jeans could barely button, I decided to go back to what had worked in the past. Then, I joined MFP around February of last year and discovered that my routine was apparently useless and my eating was all wrong. :)

Hence, I started tweaking my routine and trying a bunch of different workouts. I even tried eating clean for a few weeks and that ended with a smashing failure in week four. I started Turbo Jam in June of last year and got down to a loose 10 by September. However, a series of illnesses and injuries started in October that all but shelved me for five months and I lost all of my progress. Afterward, I did Turbo Fire, but the results weren't great and I think it's because the schedule is too light on resistence training. I also tried Supreme 90 and got nice muscle firmness and definition, but it's short on cardio. Ideally, my body needs both.

I made a decision last week to go back to the tried and true. It is not my goal to have an athlete's body, to look like a fitness model, or to get ripped. My goal is to be firm with a little definition like I was a few years ago. I'm following the Turbo Fire cardio schedule and then doing my resistance DVDs, alternating upper and lower body each day like used to. I feel better already and am determined to stick to what works for me in spite of what anyone else thinks. You ladies have all encouraged me that the best path is the one you will stick to and get results from.

Thanks and congratulations on all of your great progress!
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! My journey is just starting (day 10) but I am getting married next august and want to be on the outside how I am on the inside. I hope my body is as rocking as yours!! :happy:
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WOW!!
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    2d23bc38.jpg

January 2011 208lbs size 16/18 (holding my beautiful granddaughter)

9ceafb97.jpg

Last week... 147lbs size 6/8 (after running 5K)

ab467844.jpg

Both my husband and I have lost over 60 pounds!

Clean Eating and Exercise!! (yes we eat back our exercise calories!)

WOW!! You guys seriously look years younger!! Congratulations!!!
  • hannaisthebest
    Options
    im a size 12 and want to get back into a size 10, or lower!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!