(US) Size 12/14 to a size 6/8 - please share :)

Options
Good Afternoon ladies (and gentlemen)

I am looking for weight loss photos within this range. I realize that everyone is made, losing weight, etc different...however it would be lovely to be able to take what I am hoping to look like and see it "in real life"

I am about 5'7'" and had a starting weight of about 210.
Please feel free to also share any photos with a starting weight around there and youre "durings" or "afters"

:)

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I started off at a size 14/16 and am now an 8. I'm 5'2 and started off in the uper 160s-170ish.

IMG_0276.jpg

dress1.jpg
  • nikki_mar
    nikki_mar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Can I add a small request? If it's not too much trouble, could you each tell us how you achieved your goal? Thanks!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    For me it's just been counting calories and being fairly active. No special programs, just at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, 5x/week. I do like to go to the gym but some days I just want to take a walk and I'm eating 1200-1500 calories/day. I try to be more on the 1500 side but I'm just not that hungry in the summer. I more or less eat whatever I want, just in small portions and I track every bite. :)
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ME.jpg

I am 5'6 started out in a size 13/14 at 181lbs. Took me 4 months to lose 30lbs and I did it by doing weight watchers alone. I was in a size 10 by that point. I then started excercising at least 3 times a weeks and have not lost any more weight but can now fit in a size 6/8. At this point I am programmed to pick the better/clean foods and exercise is a habit. Working on the last 15lbs!
  • rvrtplus2
    rvrtplus2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I like this topic! I am in the tighter size of 16 so this would be great motivation as I would LOVE to be around a 6/8 :smile:
  • Becky3701
    Becky3701 Posts: 49
    Options
    Sorry trying to erase
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I started out at a size 16 after having my twins(babies 3 & 4). I went on a strict diet of 1200/ day and adipex. Most people don't agree with using diet pills or whatever but it helped me b/c i just couldn't control my portions on my own I needed an appetite suppressant. I know most say you gain your weight back and then some blah blah but it has been two years and I'm down 10lbs more than my last weigh in with the clinic. It has helped me keep up with my calories and exercise and it has me striving to be a better person! I currently dropped my calories back to 1200 b/c I was eating my BMR and some days over and I haven't lost anything in over a year! So I'm hoping by doing this I can lose the last 10 I want to lose or at least have my size 6's fit me without being snug or having a muffin top :). Ok on to pics :)

l.jpg
    The night before my scheduled c-section

iphonepics261.jpg
    My "OMG I"M FAT" moment.....

iphonepics011.jpg
    starting Insanity I weighed 145 here

iphonepics022.jpg
    round one of insanity complete but didn't lose much 142 here

528062_450094165024125_237492492_n.jpg
    Taken a couple of weeks ago before church :) still weighing 142...

I'm doing my second round of insanity with better eating habits and a lower calorie count in hopes that I can drop some pounds/inches :)
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ME.jpg

Took me 4 months to lose 30lbs and I did it by doing weight watchers alone.

WW is the only thing that really worked for me in the past. I think the secret there for me ( and here at MFP) is tracking everything that goes into my mouth. I am someone who just needs this specific accountability. I have always HATED looking up foods, writing them all down and then doing the math and then I end up buring out. MFP on my phone makes it fun so I know it will help do the very thing that will make me successful.
  • soshutterhappy
    Options
    You ladies are so inspirational! I'm a size 12, 165 and am trying to lose 25 lbs. Now I know what I could look like so it keeps me going :D
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    2d23bc38.jpg

January 2011 208lbs size 16/18 (holding my beautiful granddaughter)

9ceafb97.jpg

Last week... 147lbs size 6/8 (after running 5K)

ab467844.jpg

Both my husband and I have lost over 60 pounds!

Clean Eating and Exercise!! (yes we eat back our exercise calories!)
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    BEFORE.jpg
    jne2012_2.jpg
    june2012.jpg

I started out at a size 12/14. I'm currently a 6-8. :wink:
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ME.jpg

Took me 4 months to lose 30lbs and I did it by doing weight watchers alone.

WW is the only thing that really worked for me in the past. I think the secret there for me ( and here at MFP) is tracking everything that goes into my mouth. I am someone who just needs this specific accountability. I have always HATED looking up foods, writing them all down and then doing the math and then I end up buring out. MFP on my phone makes it fun so I know it will help do the very thing that will make me successful.

I will stand behind weight watchers any day of the week. I don't really counts points anymore. I just keep up with my calories and choose the foods I know are best. Yes, it is a hassel to keep track, but it is the ONLY safe and proven method of weight loss! Any other way is purely a fad and will teach you nothing about having a different lifestyle. Great job! Stick with it and you will see results. Remember, It's not a DIET...It's a way of LIFE!
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I'm 23 years old, i'm 5'5" tall. I started MFP at 224 pounds 7 weeks and 3 days ago. I am now at 207 and I am so excited. I have been walking my dogs for about an hour everyday, doing Zumba about three times a week and eating mostly vegetables, fruits, nuts, meat every so often, and drinking only water. If I do drink anything else, it's milk with my cereal 2% reduced fat or skim. I am very strict with my meals, I make sure to meet my calorie intake goal, usually if I burn them off I try to eat my calories back.It seems like something that would be hard to keep up, but it's been almost too easy. I feel like I'm eating all day to get my calories in, yet, I'm losing weight. I feel amazing and I am going to keep doing MFP until I reach my goal to be 150 or below. I used to think that was impossible, but there are so many inspirational stories of people losing over 100 pounds, I know I can do it. MFP has become a marvelous habit that keeps me on track. :)
  • Becky3701
    Becky3701 Posts: 49
    Options
    You are all so inspiring & beautiful!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 16, and am now down to a 7-8. Clean eating and exercise are the way to go!

BeforeAfter.jpg
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Please keep sharing! This is my starting size too!

Congrats on all the great successes! You all look fantastic! :)

Bump.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    BEFORE.jpg
    jne2012_2.jpg
    june2012.jpg

I started out at a size 12/14. I'm currently a 6-8. :wink:

You look GREAT!
  • KJanae87
    KJanae87 Posts: 54
    Options
    Wow...i started at a tight 16...am now in a tight 10. I would be ecstatic to be in a 6.
  • alombard5580
    alombard5580 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are all so inspiring!
  • srathfelder
    Options
    I started at a 16W/18W in January of this year and am now a 10/12 (M/L in t-shirts). My profile pic is a before and current.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!