(US) Size 12/14 to a size 6/8 - please share :)

Options

Replies

• picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You ladies are so inspirational! I'm a size 12, 165 and am trying to lose 25 lbs. Now I know what I could look like so it keeps me going :D

I am with her, except I would like to lost another 10 lbs. So inspirational!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i am 5'1" and started out bulging out of my size 14s, at 193+lbs. Currently, i fluctuate around 145lbs and i am wearing mostly 8s and a couple of size 6s. Note that i carry all of my weight in my belly and chest though, so my legs and bum are smaller. I cant post photos in the thread but they are in my profile! The red tank top ones are my befores.
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    2d23bc38.jpg

January 2011 208lbs size 16/18 (holding my beautiful granddaughter)

9ceafb97.jpg

Last week... 147lbs size 6/8 (after running 5K)

ab467844.jpg

Both my husband and I have lost over 60 pounds!

Clean Eating and Exercise!! (yes we eat back our exercise calories!)

What an amazing transformation! Good job!
  • 4schrocks
    4schrocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    2d23bc38.jpg

January 2011 208lbs size 16/18 (holding my beautiful granddaughter)

9ceafb97.jpg

Last week... 147lbs size 6/8 (after running 5K)

ab467844.jpg

Both my husband and I have lost over 60 pounds!

Clean Eating and Exercise!! (yes we eat back our exercise calories!)

WOW!!! All the ladies look great!
  • 4schrocks
    4schrocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    BEFORE.jpg
    jne2012_2.jpg
    june2012.jpg

I started out at a size 12/14. I'm currently a 6-8. :wink:

Awesome! Please explain what you do. You look wonderful!
  • stephaniekhani
    stephaniekhani Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started off on MFP in January weighing in at 185lbs and at a size 18. It was horrible being that heavy... I've never been an overly skinny girl but that was the heaviest I've ever been and I was beyond miserable. My blood pressure was high, I couldn't really do anything physical and I was tired all of the time.

Before.jpg
    That photo was at my heaviest.

Now I'm down to 158lbs and a size 12 and feeling more fantastic by the day. My blood pressure is where it should be (most importantly!) and I look fantastic. I'm just over 8 weeks from an overly belated honeymoon on the beach and am kicking myself into gear to lose the 8lbs for an even 150lbs. My ultimate goal is 140.

nowish.jpg
    This one was taken back in May and I've lost another 5lbs since then so I look even better now!
  • proudaunt
    proudaunt Posts: 46
    Options
    bump

Congratulations ladies! These photos are so inspiring and just what I needed today. Thanks for sharing.
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 10/12, weighing 166lbs, I am 5'8 - I am down to a size 5/6 at 142lbs - put on a little weight while away on my two week honeymoon, so just getting back to things this week. All I did was committed myself to exercising at least 4 days a week, I love rockin' body and P90X - though I did not following either of these programs as suggested, I simply did the dvd I felt like, and every once in a while would switch them up with a run. I also completely changed my eating, I not only tried to eat much cleaner, but if I did want a treat of eating junk I would do it just in a much smaller portion size. I am eating at least 1200 calories per day, and usually eat back all of my exercise calories.
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    WOW you ladies are SO inspiring and HOT lol...I'm 5'9 currently weigh @ 184 hoping to get to 160....
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
  • Shadowfax44
    Shadowfax44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    All your stories are so inspiring! I love it. Sizes are such a funny thing - I learned long ago that the number doesn't matter as much as how it looks on. That being said, I do not like that I have to go to the 14's now first, when the 10's used to fit nicely. But I think MFP is going to help alot. This is my second day, and the food diary has already helped tremendously.

I'm hoping to get back to an easy size 10, and I will do it!

Thanks for sharing your stories!
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 200 lbs at my first weight watchers meeting in Dec. 2008. I suspect I got a little higher than that in the previous months, but I had my fat moment at Thanksgiving when I ate so much I was actually in pain and then caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was a tight 14, comfortable 16 on the bottom and 12/14 on top.

Anyway, it's taken me 3.5 years to lose the weight and I am still about 10lbs from my goal weight. I am trying to focus more on toning and muscle gain than weight loss, now though. I am now a 8/10 on the bottom and 6/8 on top. I've been all over the place with how I lost the weight, but I have never, in the last 3.5 years, said "I'm on a diet" ... I've had long plateau's, gained 4 pounds back, then lost 8. I did Weight Watchers for a while. I did Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Strength Training for a while. All in all looking back at my journey to this point the biggest thing has been exercise and portion control. I don't deny myself anything, but I don't over indulge. The biggest, biggest, BIGGEST thing has been logging my food and using measuring cups. Keeping track of what I eat and actually measuring my portion sizes has been the hugest help. And MFP has been major in losing the last 13 pounds I've lost.

Here are some pictures of my face, there are more on my profile. I'm just having trouble uploading right now:

face.jpg
    November 2008 on the left, June 2012 on the right
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BEFORE.jpg
    jne2012_2.jpg
    june2012.jpg

WOW! awesome job! any tips for people just starting out? my goal is to be a size 6/8 and finally ditch the 14/16! again great job!
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Huge difference--can really see the Insanity work--I have to start that!
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    BEFORE.jpg
    jne2012_2.jpg
    june2012.jpg

Totally inspired!!!!!
  • biggiewinner
    biggiewinner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump for inspiration!
    :smile:
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You all are such an inspiration. Tried posting my pics but I have a hard time remembering. lol Oh well.
  • maeganhaha
    maeganhaha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started off at a size 16 (probably should have been wearing 18s though, to be honest) and about 210 pounds (5'4") and at the moment I'm a size 8 and at last count 156 pounds! :)

Before, hiking:
    before2.jpg

Now (during), before a beach trip, hence the bathing suit underneath haha:
    summerresize.jpg

Basically I've eating ~1200 calories a day since January 1st, 2012. I did the C25K Program and have fallen in love with running (doing the Color Run next weekend!) and I joined a gym, which has consisted of the treadmill, the elliptical, the bike, and some weights. Everyone in here looks so great, congrats everyone!
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    wow i love all of the pics and stories. really inspirational. I am just starting mfp and have and would like to drop at least 35 lbs.
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Incredible guys, thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!