(US) Size 12/14 to a size 6/8 - please share :)

Options

Replies

• prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Evening all! My profile pics shows my evolution from 2008 through now. Most recently (since Jan) I have lost 16lbs...started just walking my dogs for a mile-then 2, added 30 Day shred (bored me!), then moved on to Wii Zumba and JMichael's Ripped in 30, and have been running between 2/3 miles for 2 months now (trying 6 days a week depending on heat/weather).
    If I can be of support or provide advice please feel free to friend me!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I started off at a 12/14ish (didn't really buy new clothes at that point) and I'm almost into a 6 now. I have some semi current progress pics on my profile, it's private but if you send me a friend request I'll add you :)
  • codilizabeth
    Options
    What kind of exercise did you do? I have a sprained ankle right now so I'm pretty limited. But we are pretty much the same height and weight. I would LOVE to fit in a size six again haha I lost 13 lbs a while back but had surgery and now a sprained ankle so I kind of fell off and of course gained it ALL back.
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump - You all look amazing. What a difference weight makes in our lives. This has helped me to reboot my enthusiam, and get back on track. I was getting frustrated, and feeling hopeless, but if you can do it, so can I. Thank you all for your support and your pictures. This helps a lot!!!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    All of you guys look awesome!! I'm starting out at a size 16 (some 14's) and can't wait to look at beautiful as ladies!!!
  • NotSoShabby
    Options
    on my profile i go from size 18/20 to size 8 womens or 7/9 juniors!

25640921_9366.jpg
    25640921_6981.jpg

wow you look great !!
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    cant wait til i get down to at least an 8

u guys did a great job
  • lauralou852
    Options

Wow! We are the same height with the same starting weight. I'm not quite where you are yet (I'm a size 8 at the moment) but your body shape is super similar to mine. Can't wait to get to size six, you look amazing!

Thank you!! It's always nice to meet people with similar body types - I've always had an athletic shape, so I'm told I weigh more than I look like I do. Feel free to add me! :)
  • lauralou852
    Options
    You look amazing !! what kind of weight loss program were you on ?? what kind of exercise do you do ?

Not sure if this was to me? If so, I did 1200 calories/day and ate back about half of my exercise calories. No real program, but I tried to stay away from sodium and completely cut out fast food and pop. I still allow myself dessert when I want it and have calories for it (usually frozen yogurt, skinny cow, or weight watchers ice cream) and still eat out with my husband on our date nights - I just make sure I got in a great workout so I have the extra calories. I mentioned in my post that I like to switch up my exercise, so I run, do the elliptical, do workout videos (30 Day Shred, P90X, Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, etc.), Zumba 2-3 times a week, and play tennis with my husband. I didn't follow an exercise program because I get bored too quickly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi, you look amazing. What you're doing sounds similar to me

As I'm eating 1200, trying to eat back my exercise calories .
    I am doing Body Revolution (1/2 way thru) and I usually do another form of exercise (basically cardio) 5-7 times a week.
    On weekends, I allow myself to loosen up and I go out to a restaurant and get that pasta and glass of wine if I want it, maybe some frozen yogurt afterwards. I make sure I had a good cardio session before. And though I'm still in my allowed calories. It is hard to know the true calories when you go out to eat.

So I had a question for you, you mention you go out to eat w/ your husband, after a good workout and you have the calories.. -- did you do this on a weekly basis? Or was it less often?

My weight is trickling off (about 2-3 lbs in the last 3-4 weeks) and not sure if I'm greatly underestimating these meals/doing it too often. I'm seeing inches coming off thru the torso though, so I'm keeping positive & motivated :-)

Oh, and I also started in a tight 12.

Thanks

Hi! Yes, I usually ate out at least once/week - That's my husband's and my quality alone time together. My major things were avoiding sodium and other bloat causing foods, and if I did eat them (especially things like tortilla chips and pasta) I'd up my water intake even more (I usually drink 10-13 glasses/day) to try and flush it out. I was also really concious of what I ate the rest of the week, so I had even more extra calories built up - not just the ones from exercise (usually 600 or so from a good Saturday morning Zumba class) that day. Hope that helps! Feel free to message me if you have more questions!
  • victoriab123
    victoriab123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to do this?

It is very encouraging.

I have 30 pounds or so to go.
    I have struggled to get under 160. My goal wt. is 134

thanks,

Victoria
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You look amazing !! what kind of weight loss program were you on ?? what kind of exercise do you do ?

Not sure if this was to me? If so, I did 1200 calories/day and ate back about half of my exercise calories. No real program, but I tried to stay away from sodium and completely cut out fast food and pop. I still allow myself dessert when I want it and have calories for it (usually frozen yogurt, skinny cow, or weight watchers ice cream) and still eat out with my husband on our date nights - I just make sure I got in a great workout so I have the extra calories. I mentioned in my post that I like to switch up my exercise, so I run, do the elliptical, do workout videos (30 Day Shred, P90X, Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, etc.), Zumba 2-3 times a week, and play tennis with my husband. I didn't follow an exercise program because I get bored too quickly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi, you look amazing. What you're doing sounds similar to me

As I'm eating 1200, trying to eat back my exercise calories .
    I am doing Body Revolution (1/2 way thru) and I usually do another form of exercise (basically cardio) 5-7 times a week.
    On weekends, I allow myself to loosen up and I go out to a restaurant and get that pasta and glass of wine if I want it, maybe some frozen yogurt afterwards. I make sure I had a good cardio session before. And though I'm still in my allowed calories. It is hard to know the true calories when you go out to eat.

So I had a question for you, you mention you go out to eat w/ your husband, after a good workout and you have the calories.. -- did you do this on a weekly basis? Or was it less often?

My weight is trickling off (about 2-3 lbs in the last 3-4 weeks) and not sure if I'm greatly underestimating these meals/doing it too often. I'm seeing inches coming off thru the torso though, so I'm keeping positive & motivated :-)

Oh, and I also started in a tight 12.

Thanks

Hi! Yes, I usually ate out at least once/week - That's my husband's and my quality alone time together. My major things were avoiding sodium and other bloat causing foods, and if I did eat them (especially things like tortilla chips and pasta) I'd up my water intake even more (I usually drink 10-13 glasses/day) to try and flush it out. I was also really concious of what I ate the rest of the week, so I had even more extra calories built up - not just the ones from exercise (usually 600 or so from a good Saturday morning Zumba class) that day. Hope that helps! Feel free to message me if you have more questions!

Thank you for your reply! Ok, on my "splurge" day, I'll have to make sure I am drinking A LOT of water.
    And again you look great..

And thanks to all the ladies for sharing your transformations with us!
  • thelolapaulina
    Options
    you go girl
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    EVERY single one of you looks amazing. I am so inspired that i would go for another run NOW if it wasn't 9:53 at night!!!! :laugh:
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have comparison pics in my profile was 12 190 lbs now 4 145 lbs. 5'6"
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Great question and the responses are so inspiring.
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures!! So inspiring. Needed this today. Eating clean and watching calories, but need to kick up my exercise. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • HeatherP2205
    Options
    You all look so amazing and gorgeous!! Thank you all for replying to this post, this is exactly what I needed to put my goals and dreams for my own body into better perspective. You are all such an inspiration - and honestly for me the inspiration is due to your patience. I am getting to the point where I can feel myself being more lenient on myself with meeting daily calories goals. Seeing these posts and pictures and knowing that I HAVE come this far and one day I will be with all of you posting "before and after" pictures is what is keeping me going. Congrats to all of you!!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics and I don't even know how to add them, but can share my story. I am almost 5'7" and my starting weight was 168 and I was a size 12, pushing into a 14 and that was the heaviest I had ever been in my life. I have tried every fad diet from Atkins to pills to what ever anyone told me would work. None of them do as a permanent fix.

I then decided to start weight watchers and started to see results right away and lost all the weight I wanted plus some and ended at 126 pounds. It probably took a good year if I recall correctly, but to my suprise while shopping for jeans one afternoon I found a pair that I really liked but they were a size 4 and I figured they would never fit me. I took them in the dressing room and they slipped right on and buttoned with ease. I was totally shocked. I was also going to curves 3 times a week and that is how I lost the weight.

Over the years I let myself get a little lazy and gained some of the weight back, but because I started picking up some bad eating habits again, so that is why I am here now. I gained back a few pounds and joined MFP at 148 pounds and now at 136. Still trying to fight off those last 6 pounds.

I have changed my lifestyle considerably, Curves was no longer enough of a workout so I joined a bigger gym and now workout 5-6 days a week and track my food. I am still using MFP but have also started using a Fitbit recently so I am working all that out now trying to figure out how to work everything.

Good luck to you.
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is so encouraging! I'm just starting and have a long way to go..but I can't wait to be there!
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    GETTINGIT.jpg

I started at roughly 233lbs and a size 18. Now I'm at 189lbs and between a 10/12. I've followed Jamie Eason's LiveFit program and running with modifying the diet to fit what I was able to do (aiming to be between 1200-1500 calories and cutting out processed foods, dairy, and unhealthy carbs)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

Did you buy that top in all sizes?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!