(US) Size 12/14 to a size 6/8 - please share :)

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• A big "Thank you" to everyone that posted!!
  • MomBirner
    MomBirner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    wow you look awesome!! thanks for sharing your pictures. i also had twins and i thought that my body would just look like crap for the rest of my life but you have given me hope. lol thanks.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743481-finally-the-person-that-i-want-to-be-60-lbs-later-pics

I just posted a thread with pics with the exact same size loss today! I went from a 12/14 to a 6. :smile:
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to promote another site...but this website was SO HELPFUL for me with regard to body image.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Put in your search info and you can view pictures of real women at different sizes. Height / weight / pant size / shirt size / etc its all there.

I have major body issues and found this site to really put my mind in check. =)

Wow I just checked it out, looked for my size 5 ft 7 and 170lbs in a size 12, these women look GREAT! Maybe I look better than I think, thanks for sharing, its a great site!
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9

When I was size 14/16 (233lbs):
    lrg2_zps0deba4ad.jpg

lrg4_zpsebaa546b.jpg

Now at 8/10 (152lbs):
    lrg3_zps70864556.jpg

photo_zps8f4da79c.jpg

Oops forgot to add how I did it. Nothing magical. I focused on eating less carbs (not completely low carb, but I tried to eat 150g or less a day, and then filled the rest with protein and fat. I tried not to eat too much starches.. mainly ate lots of veggies, some beans and some sweet potatoes. I think my breakdown ended up being about 40protein/30fat/30carbs. I never went below 1500 calories a day. Didn't really eat back my exercise calories. I allowed myself a cheat MEAL every 2 weeks to eat whatever I wanted. I would just workout hard that day and also be more strict for breakfast and lunch.

The first 65lbs I lost my exercise routine was the following: I worked out about 4-5 days a week. I would run about 4 miles 3-4 times a week. I also did 30 day shred about 3 times a week.

My last 15lbs focused on toning: I worked out about 3-5 days a week. When I was training for my 10k I was taking a class that did circuit training with weights and also kickboxing 3 times a week. I also ran 3-7 miles twice a week. I am taking a break now from running though and mainly doing the circuit training class 2 times a week and basketball once a week.
  • juliebeesd
    Options
    I want to thank you guys for this thread. I'm currently a 12 and my goal is to be the size 6 I was three years ago. I'm 5'11'' and need to lose 20 or so pounds to get back there.

What I love most about this thread is that everyone got to their goals on a variety of paths. Some of you did it just by eating what you want and staying in calories, some ate clean, some lifted heavy, and some did at home DVD programs. There's so much, "this diet is the only way" and "_____ is the only way to workout and everything else is a waste of time" posts on the other boards that it can get discouraging. Even when I tell myself to ignore the noise and do what I know my body responds to, the thought that I'm doing it "wrong" still seeps in like a subliminal message and I get off track.

When I went from a 12 to a 6 in late 2008, I did it by eating sensibly and banning nothing from my diet, doing 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times per week, and using exercise DVDs that employed body weight calisthenics and light weights. After I lost the weight, I slacked off and stopped working out, so obviously I regained the weight. In January of last year when my size 12 jeans could barely button, I decided to go back to what had worked in the past. Then, I joined MFP around February of last year and discovered that my routine was apparently useless and my eating was all wrong. :)

Hence, I started tweaking my routine and trying a bunch of different workouts. I even tried eating clean for a few weeks and that ended with a smashing failure in week four. I started Turbo Jam in June of last year and got down to a loose 10 by September. However, a series of illnesses and injuries started in October that all but shelved me for five months and I lost all of my progress. Afterward, I did Turbo Fire, but the results weren't great and I think it's because the schedule is too light on resistence training. I also tried Supreme 90 and got nice muscle firmness and definition, but it's short on cardio. Ideally, my body needs both.

I made a decision last week to go back to the tried and true. It is not my goal to have an athlete's body, to look like a fitness model, or to get ripped. My goal is to be firm with a little definition like I was a few years ago. I'm following the Turbo Fire cardio schedule and then doing my resistance DVDs, alternating upper and lower body each day like used to. I feel better already and am determined to stick to what works for me in spite of what anyone else thinks. You ladies have all encouraged me that the best path is the one you will stick to and get results from.

Thanks and congratulations on all of your great progress!

It's great to see another tall female on here! I'm 6'1", and was also a size 12/14 when I started.
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    Everyone has done so well! Thank you for the inspiration!!! :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Because of this thread I am skipping dessert hahahaha EVERYONE LOOKS GREAT!!!
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    SO INSPIRING!
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fantastic thread! Everyone is so inspiring! I think I'll pull the p90x out tomorrow and get started! Thanks for the posts.
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Size tight 12 loose 14 to tight 8 loose/perfect fitting 10.

Jillian Michaels 90 day Body revolution I'm all hips, butt and thigh, which is why I'm not a smaller size.

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg6.jpg

My husband and I are on week 3 of JM Body Revolution! You look awesome! I am so happy that I found your photos, they give me hope!!! I can't wait to post my before and after pics in a few weeks. Congratulations!
  • Converse00
    Converse00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 2 inches and currently weigh 132 lbs. I started at 148 lbs and went down to 138 lbs. I was stuck at 138 lbs and joined MFP. And on MPF I have lost a total of 6 lbs. My goal weight is 125 lbs. At 148 pounds I was a size 13 (in juniors, US) and now a size 7 (in juniors, US).
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    I'm a 29yo Australian, so I'll put the Aussie sizing/weight and then the US conversion as well.

Height = 5'7 - 5'8 = 172cm
    Start weight = 96.7kgs / 212.74lbs
    Current weight = 67.5kgs / 148.5lbs
    Goal weight = 62kgs / 136.4lbs

Starting size = AU18-20 / US14-16
    Current size = AU10-12 / US6-8
    Goal size = AU10 / US6

The 29.2kgs loss (64.24lbs) I've lost has taken just under 15 months and these photos were taken at 2 weeks before I started the weight loss, and the "after" was taken on the weekend just passed.

I am a REAL girl who has a job and a social life and I was always "medium" sized through high school and my early 20's. In mid-20's I gained 32kgs / 70.4lbs in just over a year and I was determined to get myself back to "healthy" before my 30th birthday (which is in 4 months). If I can do it, really, anybody can!!

fc4pj7.jpg
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a 29yo Australian, so I'll put the Aussie sizing/weight and then the US conversion as well.

Height = 5'7 - 5'8 = 172cm
    Start weight = 96.7kgs / 212.74lbs
    Current weight = 67.5kgs / 148.5lbs
    Goal weight = 62kgs / 136.4lbs

Starting size = AU18-20 / US14-16
    Current size = AU10-12 / US6-8
    Goal size = AU10 / US6

The 29.2kgs loss (64.24lbs) I've lost has taken just under 15 months and these photos were taken at 2 weeks before I started the weight loss, and the "after" was taken on the weekend just passed.

I am a REAL girl who has a job and a social life and I was always "medium" sized through high school and my early 20's. In mid-20's I gained 32kgs / 70.4lbs in just over a year and I was determined to get myself back to "healthy" before my 30th birthday (which is in 4 months). If I can do it, really, anybody can!!

fc4pj7.jpg

You look fantastic! I have just under a year till my 30th too, and I'm DETERMINED to turn a new leaf and be healthy for life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!