1200 calories food ideas!

Options
1235»

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have been on 1200 forever, and with some occasional mad moments I usually cope fine. Feel free to check my diary.
    :tongue:
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It works best for me to eat a hundred calories every few hours or so, rather than eating large meals. I find that I'm not nearly as irritable. I always take a vitamin at dinner and try to keep my protein up, as well.

8:00 Yogurt with Granola 140ish calories.
    10:00 Coffee
    12:00 Some sort of sandwich, usually tuna. 150-280 calories.
    3:00 100-150 calorie snack. Usually apple, banana, or chocolate granola fiber bar.
    5:30 Dinner, usually a lean cuisine. 250-350 calories.
    8:00 Coffee
    10:00 100-150 calorie snack. On treat days, I'll make it a tablespoon of nutella on a slice of bread.

Ooh....some of these posts have some really good ideas. I'm pretty uncreative, as far as recipes go. I need to change things up a little bit, keep my metabolism on its toes. :)
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I love steamed vegetables and you can add any sauce you want to to them and make it a low cal filling meal

Ex: mixed steam veggies (broccoli, carrots, etc) + low fat green curry sauce + 1 serving of rice, noodles, etc.

That's like 300-350 :)
  • Ashsmith07
    Ashsmith07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My favorite very filling breakfast is a breakfast sandwich on a whole grain flat bread by arnold sandwich thins, with egg beaters, fat free cheese, and a morningstar farms veggie breakfast sausage. The bread is 100 calories, the egg beaters are 30 calories, the fat free cheese is 30 calories, and the sausage is 80, so 240 calories with 25 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber. It's usually hours before I even begin to feel hungry and it tastes great.
    For lunch I love a large salad with lots of romaine lettuce, about 3 hardboiled egg whites chopped on top, a little bit of chicken, some fat free cheese, some sunflower seeds, and whatever veggies I have around. My favorite light dressing is wishbones light parmesan peppercorn ranch with only 60 calories. This lunch usually adds up to about 23 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber, at about 230 calories.
    Another lunch I love is a tuna salad on a whole grain pita. I usually splurge and eat the whole can of tuna, rather than single serving half of it. Mix that with some light mayo and put it on one of Josephs whole grain pitas with flax, you've got a 32 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, and only 260 calorie lunch.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Fat free yoghurt with a cup of strawberries or 1/2 cup cherries
    Rice cakes with low fat cheese spread
    Fruit
    Vegie sticks with salsa
    Rye Cruskits with ham and tomato

the first 3 days are the worst, it gets better.