Any temptations by your gym

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    A pizza hut, starbucks, sushi place, bar, liquor store and a 7-11. There was a bakery as well, but it went out of business.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The only temptation are the guys working out there! It wouldn't be a problem if there were only one or two, but there are lots of hot guys at my gym!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Mine is opposite a co-op. I'm shopping there tonight to get food for a recipe from Skinnytaste. =)
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    A bar INSIDE the gym, all the vending machines, a petrol station shop, a pizza takeaway, a bakery, a deli, a sandwich shop, two chippy's, a chinese, bargain booze, co-op, sweet shop, corner shop and my weird neighbour who likes to give out treats to people for no reason. :sad: Not to mention the kitchen which I have to go through on the way up to my bedroom when I get back. :grumble:

Edit: Please note, this is all in the 20 minute walk to and from the gym and my house. God knows what there is lurking up the streets I don't go down. :noway:
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    RED ROBIN!!!! Are you kidding me? Have to drive by it every single time and it still smells yuuuummmm.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King and Sonic...BUT not a single Taco Bell??? Wth? I even live in the southwest! There should be tacos galore! Ha ha
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership, but my running route goes right by a Chipotle and Panda Express, and if I run by as they're getting ready to open, I can smell the food.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    The one at school as vending machines with junk food in it, but hey it's a school and i'm sure the company makes them put those things everywhere. the other gym i'm by has a baskin robbins, mexican, couple deli places, buffalo wild wings, etc.

College Area, no escaping, haha
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Mine is actually perfectly situated by neat, health-focused things. There's a health store, a Massage Envy and a smoothie place, and my shrink's office is two minutes away. :wink:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I work in a gym, and upstairs, right before you exit, is a Frozen Yogurt place. The yogurt itself is low fat, but the tempting stuff you wanna pour on top isn't. And after a workout, nothing sounds as good as one of those things. I've managed to not give in yet, but man, it's been close a couple of times :)
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My gym is in a centre which has a swimming pool with slides, wave machine etc so it also has a cafe which serves lots of unhealthy food. The smell of greasy food when entering and leaving the building is definitely not tempting!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Mine is actually perfectly situated by neat, health-focused things. There's a health store, a Massage Envy and a smoothie place, and my shrink's office is two minutes away. :wink:

Haha that's great! Though if I'd have worked out more in high school, I never would have needed my shrink.

My mom told me I shouldn't have ran today because I was stressed about all the stuff I have to do for my vacation and I was like, "Mom, running is the only thing that has kept me this sane so far!"
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    RED ROBIN!!!! Are you kidding me? Have to drive by it every single time and it still smells yuuuummmm.

LOVE :flowerforyou:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    On my 5 minute walk to the gym I have to pass 7 restaurants and 2 pubs. However the worst thing is that my gym has a cafe area, it has just been refurbished and to publicise it they have hung huge 4ft full colour photos of food along the wall above the treadmills. The other day I was running along with a close up of a plate of pasta in front of me, maybe they think its like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey? :laugh:
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Right across the street theres a pizza place and chinese resteraunt! Next to ours is a little store known for celling candy!!! lol
    Also on my short walk home, I have to cross through a Dairy Queen parking lot!
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It seems like every gym I have gone to in Texas has a liquor store close by.

Haha!! Oh really? Then I am going to the wrong gym....

No, the only business by my gym is another gym that I also go to. LOL
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I can resist anything but temptation
  • LGA14
    LGA14 Posts: 3
    Options
    hibachi Japanese buffett. luckily, it's not that good. lol
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Mines is right in the shopping center by the mall and there is a mexican food resturant, Red Lobster, Chilli's, Outback steak house, Apple bee's, Elephant Bar, Romano's Macaroni grill & a Olive graden. So as soon as you walk out of the gym those resturants are then first things you see

25438163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ^ lol at it not being that good! Way less of a temtation, huh?

ps 99lbs! AWESOMEEEEEEEEE

:drinker: